Season 6 Prequel trailer is up on YouTubeThe following previews are what you would find in TV guide etc for the episode, not really spoilers but whited out just in case.
Three months after President Palmer takes an oath into office, the country is under attack by an unknown terrorist organization. For eleven weeks, the United States has seen bombings on trains, buses and buildings. In order to stop the terrorists, President Palmer has negotiated with Abu Fayed a deal that will help them find the leader of the terrorist organization, Hamri Al-Assad. In return for Al-Assad's location, President Palmer has agreed to a deal that would give Abu Fayed: Jack Bauer, $25 million and more.
With the information that Abu Fayed supplied, CTU orders an airstrike to kill Hamri Al-Assad. However, Jack Bauer escaped Fayed and his men after learning that it is not Al-Assad behind the terrorist strikes, but Abu Fayed. Bauer informs the President, but his advice is not heeded. Both Bauer and Al-Assad attempt to stop Fayed and his men from causing further damage. After three more attacks, President Palmer and his staff learns that Abu Fayed is the man behind the attacks.

wow.i'm still of the mindset that they should've ended the series after season 4. having jack go into hiding, everyone safe, nobody knows he saved the world again and think he was a criminal, it was all just perfect. i was so happy with the way that ended i didn't want to see it come back.that said, season 5 was great, and i will always, always watch as long as jack is there. although i don't like how the advertising for this season is "jack bauer must sacrifice himself" because we know there's a movie going to be made, and we know jack is in it, so unless its some sort of prequel, jack isn't going anywhere.nice little toyota car in the chase.

he signed on for 3 more years of the show, he's not dying.
he actually said jokingly on Leno that they might kill him but he still gets the moneyNice link-i think this is the scene that will be in the DVDs tommorow-I am getting to get them and watch the deleted scenes
  • 1 month later...

Just watched episode 1, 6-7am. Using spoiler tags to white out this discussion.This is the preview info listed at the top of the thread...

Three months after President Palmer takes an oath into office, the country is under attack by an unknown terrorist organization. For eleven weeks, the United States has seen bombings on trains, buses and buildings. In order to stop the terrorists, President Palmer has negotiated with Abu Fayed a deal that will help them find the leader of the terrorist organization, Hamri Al-Assad. In return for Al-Assad's location, President Palmer has agreed to a deal that would give Abu Fayed: Jack Bauer, $25 million and more.
Some notes on casting....
Two years has passed since Jack was taken by the Chinese. Wayne Palmer is now president and for the last 3 months the US has undergone a series of terrorist attacks that seems unrelenting.Karen Hayes is now the National Security Advisor and married to Bill Buchanan, who is still running CTU. Karen is now working directly with the president. Most of the CTU cast is still in place though some in different roles.Al-Assad is played by the guy who played Dr bashir on DS9.Nadia Yassir is now Chief of Staff in CTU under Bill Buchanan, she is of middle eastern decent.Milo Pressman has returned and is now "middle management".Chloe is still doing the same stuff as always.Chloe's ex Morris is on staff and still flirting with every female who walks by, though he panders to Chloe.Kal Penn (Harold & Kumar) plays the son of a suspected terrorist who is arrested by the FBI.other interesting casting...Regina King will play Wayne Palmers sister, and makes her first appearance in the second episode.Powers Boothe will play the VP (Cy Toliver from Deadwood!) though again not in the first episode.
Episode 1 recap....
Starts off simply enough with a man of middle eastern decent walking past a bunch of TV's showing a terrorist attack and everyone looking at him funny because he is carrying a backpack. He goes to board a bus to get to work and the driver doesn't open the door for him. He cusses out the driver as the bus takes off... flash to another passenger with some type of MP3 player and a backpack on board the bus, he pushes a button and boom bus goes up in flames killing 23 people.The government is again worried about the recent terrorist outbreak like the bud bombing that just occurred, because the attacks seem to be relentless and they are apparently headed by a man named Hamri Al-Assad. Civil unrest is at an all time high and CTU has determined that taking out Al-Assad is the best way to stop the attacks. To get to him, CTU was contacted by a another terrorist (Abu Fayed) who wants to make a trade. Abu demands a series of things, including 25 million dollars, access to CTU monitoring equipment, and that Jack Bauer is handed over to his custody... he wants to kill Jack in retaliation for Jack having previously killed his brother during a covert mission where Jack was interrogating him. Wayne Palmer negotiates the release of Jack from the Chinese government at an unknown "high" price.Jack shows up and is given over to Bill Buchanan and Curtis Manning. Jack is in bad shape, looks like he hasn't shaved or showered in the two years of custody, and has been beaten enough when he removes his shirt he looks like he auditioned for the latest Mel Gibson movie. According to the Chinese official who hands him over, he hasn't spoken in two years.Jack is immediately informed of what is being asked of him, to sacrifice himself to get to Al-Assad. He agrees asking that Audrey and Kim are not informed that he was ever released. After cleaning up he is taken to a drop point by Bill & Curtis. At the drop point he is handcuffed to piece of metal on what appears to be some type of sewage drain, and says his goodbyes to Bill and tells him at least he is now dieing for something, unlike what would have happened in China and he is fine with that.Abu having access to CTU's monitoring equipment picks up on Chloe and Morris trying to pull a little rogue operation and track Jack. Chloe asked Morris to assist in this after a confrontation with Nadia where she finds out what is going on and threatens Nadia. Abu calls CTU and demands the satellite be pointed away or the deal is off, Milo figures out that it's Chloe and Nadia puts a stop to it. Bill shows up in time to go off on Chloe. Abu threatens to not give the location of Al-Assad to CTU.After retrieving Jack from the drop point, they knock him out and take him to an unknown location. There they handcuff him to a chair and begin torturing him. Fairly graphic compared to some of the stuff seen previously on the show. Jack tells him to call CTU and live up to the deal.At this point, we are sidetracked to the FBI arresting a man of middle eastern decent, and this is shown through the eyes of a neighboring household who is worried about sending their kid to school with all the attacks. As his father is being taken into custody, Ahmed Amar (Kal Penn) is seen yelling at the agents that he is not a terrorist. Ahmed is friends with the son of the people watching this take place across the street. Some neighborhood rednecks see this taking place and after the FBI leaves attempt to assault Ahmed. His friend wants to intervene but his dad steps in instead and goes to calm down the situation. He gets the guys to leave Ahmed alone and insists that he come to stay with them until stuff is sorted out with his dad.Back to Washington... Karen Hayes is arguing with Thomas Lennox, another member of the White House staff who is pushing to set up modern day concentration camps for Muslim Americans. Apparently he is going against presidential authority to start preparing his plan as a "just in case measure". Jack is informed by Abu that he will live up to the deal with CTU. But the twist is that CTU is going after the wrong man. Apparently Al-Assad wants peace, and he is trying to stop the terrorist attacks and they are letting CTU think he is the mastermind when it is actually Abu. Abu calls CTu, and gives them the location of Al-Assad. CTU begins an operation to take him down...Abu goes back to torturing Jack, at one point he is about to chop off a finger when he is interrupted by an assistant with a urgent phone call. Abu goes to take the call and it is Ahmed (Kal Penn) calling from the neighbors house to inform Abu that his dad was taken into custody. Abu tells him that doesn't stop the plan and his dad is merely a pawn meant to be sacrificed. The discuss delivering a package...Meanwhile Jack is left alone with one guard, while he is turned away jack rips off the armband that is monitoring his health and it sounds like he is flat lining and he plays possum. Guard comes to check on him, bends over and Jack shows us his vamperic side, biting through his neck and ripping it out. Guard dies, jack is able to get the key off the body and uncuffs himself. He hides in a drain below where he was being tortured as Abu comes back to find him missing.Jack Bauer body count = 1
Once these hit the official air date I'll take the spoiler tags off, will leave them like this until then.

IF YOU ARE A FAN OF 24, DON'T WATCH THE SPOILERS. IT COMPLETELY RUINS THE FIRST COUPLE OF EPISODES. 24 IS AN AMAZING SHOW BECUASE YOU HAVE TO WAITH BETWEEN THE EPISODES AND THAT CREATES THE SUSPENSE.

IF YOU ARE A FAN OF 24, DON'T WATCH THE SPOILERS. IT COMPLETELY RUINS THE FIRST COUPLE OF EPISODES. 24 IS AN AMAZING SHOW BECUASE YOU HAVE TO WAITH BETWEEN THE EPISODES AND THAT CREATES THE SUSPENSE.
You realize the reason these leaked is because the first 4 episodes are being put out on a DVD with a 12 minute preview of the 5th episode. All 4 of these episodes will be aired next week during the two day premiere. If you stopped typing in all caps, you might know that. So you won't be waiting "weeks" for these, they all air in a two day period. I'm watching episode 2 right now.

Brief breakdown of Episode 2...

Jack escaped as Abu Fayed decides to work on finishing off some suicide bombings planned for that day as opposed to preform a man hunt for Jack. Jack remembering the coordinates that were given to CTU for Al-Assad's location heads there as he calls CTu and the White House to get the airstrike on the location called off. His attempts unsuccessful he goes in alone, confronting Al-Assad and after a rocky negotiation proves that Fayed had turned him over to CTU and gets him to leave immediately. Some of his men stay behind to wipe files, but as Jack, Al-Assad and they guy who was carrying a transponder to give away the location leave, the house is bombed. Jack and Al-Assad find a empty house, and interrogate the guy who was giving the info to Fayed. After they get some information on a meeting point, they go there and find a suicide bomber headed to a subway accompanied by some fellow terrorists. Jack goes after the bomber, Assad the handler and trails him. jack manages to stop the bomb on the train by kicking the terrorist through the back of the subway car and out onto the railing.In the meantime CTU has found out that they didn't manage to kill Assad, and are trying to track down why. Chloe find footage of Jack leaving with him and shows it to Bill. They then get a call from the subway security company saying Jack identified himself to a security guard (which he did) and then they track a phone call from the handler calling Fayed and reporting the bombing didn't appear to be a success. Bill reports this to Karen who reports it to the President Palmer.Side plot: Wayne's sister is introduced as an attorney working for some company who the FBI is trying to get a hold of their personal files though it's not made clear why. Her boyfriend who runs the company wants to hand them over she doesn't and when a warrant isn't provided she throws them out. They come back with a warrant, she doesn't think its official and as they get access to the files they want, she deletes them getting herself and her boyfriend arrested. Between the visits she contacts her brother and complains this is the result of Thomas Lennox trying to seize power and not abide the Constitution.

I think I like whiting out the spoilers instead of these built in tags.

really? have you seen the other seasons or did you stop watching?
I stopped watching in season 2 or 3. Whenever Jack flew a plane with a nuclear bomb into the desert and crashed it after he parachuted out.I dont even need to watch the show. Terrorists will reek havoc and in the end jack will kill everyone and save the world singlehandly.
Jadaki, i don't want to watch but is Kal Pen a good serious actor? Whenever I see him i will think of harold and kumar
This is a very different role than the comedies he has done before. So far I like him in it.

I now see why they set up to show the first 4 episodes in short order...The last 3 minutes of episode 4 is possibly the most intense and shocking in 24's history. If you don't get into at that point, you should just never watch the show again.

i believe you, but now i know something horrible happens-someone dies, or the terrorists complete what they are trying to do. nothing good will come from the bigges shock unless its Tony or Palmer coming back from the dead