Rumor Mill: Chip Reese's Son Dead Of Overdose

Okay , we are on page two already and all we know is the followingBig is a insensitive ******* Grinder is a sensitive *******

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Privacy is a thing of the past, unfortunately. I agree that in a perfect world, family's should have their privacy respected, especially in rumored cases such as this. But, this is a poker-related internet message board and rumors/topics like this are going to be posted. Apparently, the rumor is out there....doesn't make it correct, but its out there beyond this board. Should this topic be removed? IMO, no. But everyone certainly has the right to voice their displeasure in it or just ignore it all together. I'm certain we all hope its incorrect and not true.

I guess, but she's never really been brought up, so it seemed like a stretch to imply that.
?.. you should prob re-read the posts.. he's saying it'd be a shame if the kid is dead because his mother will outlive him
I guess, but she's never really been brought up, so it seemed like a stretch to imply that.
I wouldn't call it a stretch, more like the only option.

I agree that this thread is not right and would prefer if it was deleted. Not really our business to talk about it. I mean, it might be true, and even if it is, I still don't like this thread. And if it's not true, well then...Btw, Casey didn't play poker, he is only 19. I think Barry and Sebok would have competitions against Doyle and Todd at the WSOP, and Barry said the next father-son would be Chip and Casey when Casey turned 21. He was really good at baseball also.

I wouldn't call it a stretch, more like the only option.
You're right, but just seemed strange considering the whole thread was about Chip's son, and his connection to him.
I agree that this thread is not right and would prefer if it was deleted. Not really our business to talk about it. I mean, it might be true, and even if it is, I still don't like this thread. And if it's not true, well then...Btw, Casey didn't play poker, he is only 19. I think Barry and Sebok would have competitions against Doyle and Todd at the WSOP, and Barry said the next father-son would be Chip and Casey when Casey turned 21. He was really good at baseball also.
What he said.
Yes it i 100% true and very sad...Good friends of mine were close to Chip and family,he called this am to tell me.
Ok... now this thread should be deleted.

Very sad to hear. Although I don't agree with the cover-up reaction. There's almost never anything wrong with simply talking about something. No one is being disrespectful in here as far as I can tell. This is where we come to talk about things...something sad happened in the family of someone we know... and we are going to delete all posts about it? That doesn't seem right to me. It's healthy to talk about these things.

I was at Bellaagio last night when we all got the news. Very sad. Everyone took it pretty hard. Kid was 20 years old, an incredible baseball pitcher, super smart, good looking kid... very sad. Chau was a very good friend of both Chip and Casey and while he came down to play poker he just couldn't do it. It was a shock. People were both sad, and also pretty angry at the same time.

I was at Bellaagio last night when we all got the news. Very sad. Everyone took it pretty hard. Kid was 20 years old, an incredible baseball pitcher, super smart, good looking kid... very sad. Chau was a very good friend of both Chip and Casey and while he came down to play poker he just couldn't do it. It was a shock. People were both sad, and also pretty angry at the same time.
Man that's such sad news. :club: Daniel, was Casey into drugs before Chip passed away?

that is terrible. Such a waste and so sad...I had a nephew pull out of a meth death spiral recently, thank God he made it.Such a tragedy for the Reese family/friends...

I'm not going to answer any questions like that, what does it matter now...
This is the privacy part that I agree with, those details aren't needed to be known, just what happened so that there are no questions flying around as to how it happened, just a confirmation of what did happen so that things can be allowed to fade from public scrutiny quickly.
You're right, but just seemed strange considering the whole thread was about Chip's son, and his connection to him.
I was making reference to the people affected hardest by the tragedy. I can't imagine parents losing their children. Its a sucky thing.

This kid was considered a major league prospect right? I remember reading that he worked out with (I think) Roger Clemens at some point and was very impressive. This is very sad, regardless of baseball obv.edit: and 2+2 is kinda ridiculously over moderated/censored, and shouldn't be held as the standard for what is considered acceptable for this forum.