Daniel - Poker Journal
What to do, what to do...15 Nov 2004
So I'm sitting here in my roon at Foxwoods at about midnight EST. I just woke up from a nap and am planning on catching a 6am flight back to Vegas.
Oh, I'm out of the tournament. I fought as hard as I could but I anted off my chips mostly and never caught the break I needed. Oh well, you can't win em' all as they say.
I miss Lori and my dog Mushu (notice I got the order right again!) so much that it hurts. I just can't sit in this hotel room for a few more days waiting for the PPT final.
When I get to Vegas I have plans to hang out with Lori and a couple friends from Michigan. Golfing in the afternoon and then hitting the Comedy Stop later tomorrow night. If you are ever in Vegas, the comedy stop at the Tropicana is definitely the number one comedy club in the city. Two shows nightly and three great comics usually. I love stand up. If I wasn't a poker player something tells me I'd end up going on the road doing stand up. It's exhilarating.
I've already promised Lori that I was going to head back to Vegas tomorrow and I'm not really in any shape to be breaking promises at the moment. I know how important it is to her that I keep my word and do what I say I'm going to do.
Having said that, I'd also like to see Jennifer kick butt in the PPT final. I won $100,000 on a bet since she made the final, the least I could do is be there for moral support.
There is another reason too. 60 Minutes, a show that I actually Tivo is doing a story on the PPT and I was asked to do an interview with Dan Rather before the final begins. I love 60 Minutes, and with over 10 million viewers an episode it is a great opportunity to promote Poker Mountain.
So here is my dilemma in a nutshell:
A) Break my promise to Lori and stay here till the 20th
B) Go back to Vegas and miss Jennifer's final table appearance and the 60 Minutes opportunity
C) Go back to Vegas and then fly back to Foxwoods on the 18th with the little guy.
Well It seems like A) is just not a viable option. I've made up my mind to fly out of here for sure this morning. Now can I justify flying back here just two days later?
Wait a minute... I think I've found the perfect solution! I'd already planned on going to Grand Rapids, MI around the 23rd to spend Thanksgiving with Lori's family. I could go home to Vegas for two days, tie up some loose ends and then come back to Foxwoods on the 18th and head to GR from the 20th to the 26th. That actually might work.
Oh but wait. I was supposed to do something with ESPN News on Nov 22nd. Uuuugh. So that would mean:
Foxwoods to Las Vegas Nov 16th
Las Vegas to Foxwoods Nov 18th
Foxwoods to Las Vegas Nov 20th
Las Vegas to Grand Rapids Nov 23rd
Well, my travel agent would love me but man, that just seems nuts to me. It would offer me a chance to do everything I want to do, but I just think it might drain me a little too much. If I could postpone the ESPN thing till Nov 28th though than I could do Fox-Veg, Veg-Fox, Fox-GR... are y'all with me?
Maybe that makes the most sense... I just don't know anymore.