Iowahawk09 Scammed Me

He was asking on the forum if anyone would trade him some Absolute poker $ for some stars $. I offered to trade $20 so I haven't been done for a huge amount. He has been trying to get someone to trade $100 or $200 so beware. He had over 600 posts and I was only trading $20 so I didn't bother using a third person, I made a mistake there.PM QUOTESHey I haven't been able to find anyone else yet? Still willing to swap some $ with me? Sure, I can only do $20 though I havent got a big roll at stars. My name at both sites is MEX123. Whats your stars name my sn is R4RE. Whats your SN on AP? MEX123 did u want to swap $20?Yeah 20 is fine if thats all you can do Ok I'll send it nowI will ship yours as well Did u get it and ship it aswell? 18hrs later Hi mate, I haven't recieved the $20 yet. Did u send it buddy?My apologies bro, I will send it out right away. Please dont be mad, did you send the Stars already? I logged off last night due to my son crying, and I am at work right now. Check your account tonight and it will be there. Yeah I sent $20 to your stars account yesterday when I said I would. I still haven't got the transfer from you. It has now been over 24hs. Maybe I should have posted this in the bad beat forum.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fwiw, AP transfers take up to 24 hours.I know iowahawk from the strat forums, and I'm suprised about this, and assume it was probably a mistake, but one can never be too sure, I suppose. He PM'ed me as well about a transfer, but I declined since I had no money on Stars, but I probably would have done it if I had the money.

He's been talking to me in PM's too about transferring. I said no on Absolute but would take UB or Tilt for Stars. He then realized he can use epassporte on Stars so he said he would try that and if it didn't work would like to transfer UB and Stars with me. He's been cool and hasn't seemed fishy at all. It's kinda hard to scam if you're the one asking for a transfer. Whoever initiates the request should ship first.

Fwiw, AP transfers take up to 24 hours.I know iowahawk from the strat forums, and I'm suprised about this, and assume it was probably a mistake, but one can never be too sure, I suppose. He PM'ed me as well about a transfer, but I declined since I had no money on Stars, but I probably would have done it if I had the money.
I didn't relise it can take 24hrs. I have transfered AP$ to a friend before and it only took about 10mins to go through.
He's been talking to me in PM's too about transferring. I said no on Absolute but would take UB or Tilt for Stars. He then realized he can use epassporte on Stars so he said he would try that and if it didn't work would like to transfer UB and Stars with me. He's been cool and hasn't seemed fishy at all. It's kinda hard to scam if you're the one asking for a transfer. Whoever initiates the request should ship first.
He asked for the transfer. I should have waited until I got it before shipped i suppose.

humm very interesting i almost shipped him 200 last night to transfer but my visa card wasnt working i had it all done and was about to swap then it said declined ... i HOPE this is a mistake if not thank you who ever is lookng out for me :club:

I got a pm looking to trade money too, but am broke...Thought it was odd for sure, as I've never even talked to the guy.Smelled fishy, that's for sure.

well like said i hope its all a mistake . i have over 15 messages between me and him from last night waiting for my card to go through , he seems very nice and said he had over 1200 on tilt and just wanted to help out a fellow member :club:

I didn't relise it can take 24hrs. I have transfered AP$ to a friend before and it only took about 10mins to go through.
Yeah, I've rarely had it take that long. When I did a $2k transfer, it took like 10 mins. A friend did a $500 transfer that took like 6 hours, so who knows. I just know it states it may take up to 24 hours, so anything is possible.

This is all quite weird, cuz a few days ago he talked to me about possibly staking me in something if and when he got some funds traded between the sites. WEIRD.

you'd think he'd be here very very fast to defend his untarnished name... bro please do I don't really know you but you seem like a decent guy.

I think you opened the thread too soon mate.Only 24 hours , it can be anything.I am not saying it can't be a scam but you know how things can go wrong in a day so you don't get the chance to do even a little thing.

If you are making a thread only 24 hours later that you got scammed, it shows how little trust you have for the person you swapped with. You shouldnt be swapping with anyone who you dont completely trust.

If you are making a thread only 24 hours later that you got scammed, it shows how little trust you have for the person you swapped with. You shouldnt be swapping with anyone who you dont completely trust.
Well i did that with NHLfan and it costed me 75$ months ago.I waited 3 months to open a thread tho.We PM'ed a couple of days ago after like 9 months from the scam and he said he is going to pay lol

I shipped him $50 on stars this am around 12:30. Still haven't received my FT$$. Still early if he is in IOWA though.

I shipped him $50 on stars this am around 12:30. Still haven't received my FT$$. Still early if he is in IOWA though.
Maybe he is stucked looking at your avatar.

Interesting, hopefully it all works out. He hit me up too, but I'm online broke so I couldn't help him out (probably would have, I've seen him around and he seems to have a good rep). Sad stuff if people around here are screwing each other for $20, just lame. Hopefully it's just an honest delay or mistake.

In response to some earlier replies.One of the main reasons for posting this was because I new he was trying to get someone to swap $100 or $200. Other people have since posted that this was the case. It was only $20 as well so I didn't think someone with over 600 posts would risk there reputation by screwing someone for $20. I also posted earlier that I did not know that absolute can take up to 24hrs to process a transfer. Knowing this now I accept that my OP may have been a bit hasty. As i said I have transfered to a friend there before and it took about 10 mins. So after 40mins I was fishy and I sent him a PM. He sent me a PM 19hrs later and he had not done the transfer, had A bull**** excuse and told me not to get mad.When 2 people say "ok i'll send it now" and "i will ship yours as well" I would consider it done. If someone did me a favor like this to help me out I would make sure I did the return transfer ASAP. If my kid started crying I to would attend to it, then the next thing I would do is the transfer.It's now been 34hrs since I transfered to him.

How long do Full tilt transfers take?