2-5 Nl, Kk Deep Stacked

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 Acid_Knight

Acid_Knight

I'm what's left. I'm what's right.

• Members
  • 9,292 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:You vs Me. Cagematch.

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:06 PM

View PostRoyal_Tour, on Sunday, May 13th, 2007, 10:10 PM, said:

Its practically a given that anyone who spends even a little time in teh strat section is a winning player.
LMFAO!!!!Have you seen some of the hands that people post? Seriously! I mean, yeah, they're working to get better, but there are miles between progress and actually being a winning player.

#82 Royal_Tour

Royal_Tour

Sherlock Holmes of butt sex

• Members
  • 14,322 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:18 PM

View PostAcid_Knight, on Sunday, May 13th, 2007, 11:06 PM, said:

LMFAO!!!!Have you seen some of the hands that people post? Seriously! I mean, yeah, they're working to get better, but there are miles between progress and actually being a winning player.
i know, but over the past month, i've gotta give a lot more credit to anyone that actually studies and attempts to learn the game on different levels, ie: books, chatting, forums, whatever.9 out of the 10 players at my table have no idea about basic NL strat. Many of them thinking its a waste of money to raise preflop with aces because aces get cracked.well i wonder why they get cracked? and so forth.I think anyone who reads this section, on top of other sources and plain old practice, is on their way to being a solid player. Now we all know it takes something special to play cards fulltime, which not everyone has. But if ur trying, then power to you

#83 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,075 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:37 PM

Do you understand how small the fraction of players that actually win at this game are? The way you talk, I think it's significantly less than you think.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#84 Lavitz

Lavitz

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:45 PM

View PostZach6668, on Sunday, May 13th, 2007, 10:37 PM, said:

Do you understand how small the fraction of players that actually win at this game are? The way you talk, I think it's significantly less than you think.
QFT, I thought I knew what I was doing a few months after I started playing cards because I had read some books and browsed some poker forums a bit. How wrong I was. A few years into the game (online NL hold em) and I realize not only how wrong I was but also how far I have to go in a constantly evolving game.

#85 Royal_Tour

Royal_Tour

Sherlock Holmes of butt sex

• Members
  • 14,322 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:59 PM

View PostZach6668, on Sunday, May 13th, 2007, 11:37 PM, said:

its very few.Take into account the very very very small fraction of people who browse strat sections.lets say, 50 million people playing everyday, live and online. thats fair. Maybe not as much now wit hthe whole ban thing.50,000 viewing strat forums regularly. Maybe? 80k members at 2+2. most are doubled from other forums, and obv not all visit strat.now give a % of those 50k to be good players, who are able to take into account what they learn, and are able to become better players.I dont thikn its too far fetched to say that (people who visit this forum everyday to learn, fix leaks, and talk strategy) are a large portion of the winning players out thereso, this is like 0.001% of players.

#86 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,075 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:09 PM

Man, I've been posting in strat here for like 2 years, like every day, and I question whether I'm actually a winning player every single day.I'd say the percentage of people posting here and 2p2, etc that are winning players isn't as high as some might think. Tough to really put a number on it though.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#87 David_Nicoson

David_Nicoson

Official Forum Me

• Members
  • 4,418 posts
  • Interests:Poker<br />Poker<br />Sex<br />Sleep<br />baseball<br />softball<br />Poker<br />Poker<br />Poker<br />Axis and Allies and other lesser board games<br />Chess<br />Poker<br />Poker<br />Poker
  • Favorite Poker Game:pot-limit Euchre

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:42 AM

View PostRoyal_Tour, on Monday, May 14th, 2007, 1:10 AM, said:

Nicoson, check/raise, fold to push.
I can't see that in practice, even for minimal values.
Bets	  His stack		 Desc.----	  ----------		 --------350		 900			 preflop200		 700			 He bets200		 700			 Our call200		 700			 Our raise  200		 500			 His call.500		 0			   His push.  -----1650
So at the minimum we're seeing 3.3 : 1 with our overpair.I don't take "solid" to mean that he wouldn't be playing A :club: X :D, J :D T :D, or QQ with this action. After the hero check-raises me, as the villain I would assume that the hero would set me in on the turn. So with any hand that merits a call on the turn, the villain might as well push the flop.
QUOTE(bleacherbum3 @ Friday, February 29th, 2008, 3:28 AM) View Post
I'm invincible. Like Super Mario when he gets that star thingy.

#88 Naismith

Naismith

Perry Friedman: I was planning on reloaded through Naismith

• Members
  • 4,556 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Limit Crazy Pineapple

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:35 AM

I think it's hard not to go broke here.
Peace,
Jay

#89 tskillz187

tskillz187

Great Tiger, you're next!

• Members
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:37 AM

A series of $5.50 hu sngs until one of us is broke.
Naismith (2:56:11 PM): fuckerflakeoutonmystakingnowmakingmillions

#90 DrawingDeadInDM

DrawingDeadInDM

BCS Bound

• Members
  • 18,249 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:43 AM

Geez, reading this was silly. Very few people took into account our image as being a reason one of the reasons we should push.
I'm also fed up with the common cold but I just hate to say goodbye.

#91 NoBBiR

NoBBiR

F34l2 Durrrr

• Members
  • 3,522 posts
  • Interests:Poker.
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Lemon Tennis Hold Me Tightly.

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:52 PM

Usually when people make raises for like 2/3 of their stack and keep a miniscule amount back in live games, I almost always see them turn over huge hands. But, the way it played out, you were just going broke. Raising more with Kings preflop here is a must. I think I'd even overraise the pot to something like 200 because I just don't want multiway action with Kings OOP, no way, no how.If you made it 200ish, there was no way he was chasing a set in this hand. But as played, it's just a situation where you're going to go broke after the flop.
"How do they put the ****ing queen in the window?"

Darvin Moon, I hope you die in a grease fire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users