my 1st hand.PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)Preflop: HeeezzzBaaacck is BB with 9h.gif, td.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $0.50. 4 folds, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 raises, 3 folds, HeeezzzBaaacck calls, MP2 calls.Flop: (6.50 SB) 6d.gif, 7d.gif, 2d.gif(3 players)HeeezzzBaaacck checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets, HeeezzzBaaacck raises, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.Turn: (5.25 BB) 4h.gif(2 players)HeeezzzBaaacck bets, MP3 calls.river is inconsequential,let me hear your thoughts

river is inconsequential,let me hear your thoughts
im not so sure the river is inconsequential. what's your plan for a missed river? (I'd bet again) a diamond river? (b/f? c/c?) a river that pairs you? (again, I'd bet) Obviously a nondiamond 8 we bet. the semi bluff isnt bad as it only has to work once in 5-6 times in this pot. but i dont see what he calls the flop raise with that he will fold on the turn (then again, people surprise me with what they'll do, and I wouldn't be surprised to see A :club: K :D or worse)so i wonder if checking the turn isn't better than betting. we lose control of the hand, he might fold, or he might fold if he misses the river.i like it I think. im not crazy about out T high flush draw, but coupled with our gutshot and possible pair outs I dont think I want to fold, and this maximizes our chances of winning the hand. what about c/c flop, c/r turn? might make a flush seem more believeable.

i dont like making plays against players who i dont know anything about. he could be a total calling station looking you up with a pair of 2s. the fact that its your first hand might make somebody even more likely to call you down.

The good news is he didn't raise the turn--could be a single big diamond.We have to follow through with a bet on any non-diamond river, right?and c/c any diamond.
i say we check call a 9 or a ten also.
i say we check call a 9 or a ten also.
why? If he has A high he might call but he rarely betswe're not getting raised by better hands (except flushes) with the way the hand has played out so farI think we can bet a 9 or T river

I hate to be That Lame Guy in the strat forum...But why are we calling raises with T9o?I like the flop though. Some people PLAY position... you're WIELDING position there.Love the relative-position-awareness and the check-raise on the cheap street to knock MP2 out of the hand and put the pressure on the raiser.

I hate to be That Lame Guy in the strat forum...But why are we calling raises with T9o?
because I can can canput him on a big range, as he might be isolating the passive poster.it's loose for sure
why? If he has A high he might call but he rarely betswe're not getting raised by better hands (except flushes) with the way the hand has played out so farI think we can bet a 9 or T river
Do you really think someone is calling with A high if a 9 or T comes? In addition to the 3 flush, that puts a straight on the board. He'd have to be pretty stupid to call with nothing here - not that that's impossible, but I think this is a situation where a bet only gets called by a better hand.
I hate to be That Lame Guy in the strat forum...But why are we calling raises with T9o?I like the flop though. Some people PLAY position... you're WIELDING position there.Love the relative-position-awareness and the check-raise on the cheap street to knock MP2 out of the hand and put the pressure on the raiser.
I don't mind the call on the BB. Odds baby.Again, I prefer betting out to check-raise here. As played I'll likely bet the river regardless. I don't think i want to see a diamond though.
but i dont see what he calls the flop raise with that he will fold on the turn
From my experience, villains always call the flop check-raise.Even with just Ace high.They sometimes fold the turn.In general, there is little reason to check-raise a flop if we aren't going to lead the turn.On this hand, I only check-raise this flop if I intend on firing the whole way.Because Villain could easily be calling down through the turn with any decent diamond.--CM

I like to make a note of which villains peel flops light, and fold a majority of the time on the turn. It's easy to spot these guys, and easy to spot those who don't. It helps a lot in these situations, or when you are c-betting a missed flop, whether or not to fire the 2nd bullet.