• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Patricnz

Patricnz

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:07 PM

their is no level above layne when hes playing his bestJohhny Chan and Phil Hellmuth say he is the best NLH player their is when hes at his best you cant argue with them they would actually knowi dont see any articles fom pros saying how amazing gus hansen ishttp://www.philhellm...ek.php?howid=41

#22 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 09:59 AM

Patricnz said:

their is no level above layne when hes playing his bestJohhny Chan and Phil Hellmuth say he is the best NLH player their is when hes at his best you cant argue with them they would actually knowi dont see any articles fom pros saying how amazing gus hansen ishttp://www.philhellm...ek.php?howid=41
I'm not really pulling for anyone to say either Gus or Layne is better, but the link you provided doesn't prove anything except that Layne's opponent in that hand was incredibly bad.

#23 Patricnz

Patricnz

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:19 PM

I didn't read the article i typed in AMzing Layne Flack on google and that came upthanks for your input much appreciated

#24 Patricnz

Patricnz

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:22 PM

if you look this topic Proile Layne Flack has had more views than some of the other actual profiles and more replies aswellthat is a good indicator that the people want flack has marcel luske won 5 WSOP bracelets in 4 or 5 years at the WSOP?

#25 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:30 PM

Patricnz said:

if you look this topic Proile Layne Flack has had more views than some of the other actual profiles and more replies aswellthat is a good indicator that the people want flack  has marcel luske won 5 WSOP bracelets in 4 or 5 years at the WSOP?
Yes, let's just forget Daniel's system for how he creates profiles and do it the way you suggested.

#26 Patricnz

Patricnz

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:47 PM

sounds good :wink: i know your being sarcastic if you didnt realise i realised that already

#27 ltorres

ltorres

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 03:01 AM

Patricnz said:

their is no level above layne when hes playing his bestJohhny Chan and Phil Hellmuth say he is the best NLH player their is when hes at his best you cant argue with them they would actually know
I think we need to know the context before you can come to that conclusion. When did they say these things about Layne, was in pre Hanson era? Was this before Layne fell off the map for a while?I think Layne might have the better reads when he's on, but Hanson is consistently on his game, so I would say Hansen.

#28 theresa113

theresa113

Hi There!

• Members
  • 5,540 posts
  • Interests:Poker!

Posted 01 May 2005 - 04:34 AM

Did anyone watch the WPT last night? Season 1 with Ivey, Bloch, Lederer and [b][size=13]Layne Flack?Posted ImageI thought Layne played this well even though he came in 2nd. Howard was getting awesome cards heads up. I have always loved this episode.
Be my friend on Facebook

Blue and White Ignite! Go Magic!

#29 Patricnz

Patricnz

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 08:30 PM

ltorres said:

Patricnz said:

their is no level above layne when hes playing his bestJohhny Chan and Phil Hellmuth say he is the best NLH player their is when hes at his best you cant argue with them they would actually know
I think we need to know the context before you can come to that conclusion. When did they say these things about Layne, was in pre Hanson era? Was this before Layne fell off the map for a while?I think Layne might have the better reads when he's on, but Hanson is consistently on his game, so I would say Hansen.
Johhny chan watched him play and taught layne heaps let him sit behind him while he played chan saw how much potential layne hadof course layne was off his game and hes going to make a comeback he only got out of rehab in late 2004 i believe accroding to that cardplayer article Gus wins the odd tournament hes a below average for a pro cash game player according to daniel negreanu giving him a 5 or somethingapart from 3 WPT titles what has he gotlayne has a WPT title a second and 5 WSOP bracelets(in 5 years at WSOP) 3 in no limit holdem and 1 in limit holdem gus doesnt come close to those "consistent" resultsboy i really sound like a real fanboy but i assure you im not i just to aspire to be as good as him one day

#30 Patricnz

Patricnz

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 08:31 PM

theresa113 said:

Did anyone watch the WPT last night? Season 1 with Ivey, Bloch, Lederer and [b][size=13]Layne Flack?Posted ImageI thought Layne played this well even though he came in 2nd. Howard was getting awesome cards heads up.  I have always loved this episode.
yeah i got in on bit torrent made a copy onto a dvd great final table 3 of the top 10 no limit holdem players in the world at the table

#31 brian67

brian67

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • Interests:poker, sports, and cars

Posted 02 May 2005 - 01:38 PM

Gus wins the odd tournament hes a below average for a pro cash game player according to daniel negreanu giving him a 5 or somethingapart from 3 WPT titles what has he got
Hansen is clearly a better cash game player so i'm not even going there, but this is about NLH. Hansen has not played for as long as Flack, and has played in no where near as many WSOP tourneys. I'm not saying that Flack is not a great player, I just think that Hansen is better.

#32 Patricnz

Patricnz

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:17 PM

okyour opinion but its stupid

#33 brian67

brian67

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • Interests:poker, sports, and cars

Posted 03 May 2005 - 12:12 AM

Your's is simply an opinion too, you don't look for a list of facts on a message board.

#34 ilovelayneflack

ilovelayneflack

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:31 AM

You can't deal with someone who has a different opinion, so you call that opinion stupid? Not very mature.
What we do does not define who we are. What defines us is how well we rise after falling.

#35 Patricnz

Patricnz

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:58 PM

ilovelayneflack said:

You can't deal with someone who has a different opinion, so you call that opinion stupid? Not very mature.
Maybe you can't understand imnot being serious of course hes aloud an opinion and my opinion causes me to think his opinion is stupid< most people dont say that part but i feel its neccesary to get my opinion acrosshave a nice day :wink:

#36 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:13 PM

ilovelayneflack said:

Well, if he's 15 like he said himself...

#37 VicRattlehead

VicRattlehead

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:03 PM

Anyone out there have an email address or physical mailing address for Mr. Flack?Thanks :-)

#38 Patricnz

Patricnz

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:59 PM

since 19995WSOP bracelets 4 in Holdem1 WPT title and 2 seconds one second where he got his money in with 99 vs 22 and got outdrawn so more like 2 WPT titles it should beim not being a fanboy here its just really impressiveso who can argue with those tournament resultsnot even Negreanu can knock those results

#39 Jusbe

Jusbe

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:30 PM

Layne Flack is definately awesome player, has always been one of my favorite players. I'll have to check that WPT Aruba for like 10th time, just great episode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users