50 replies to this topic

#21 ajbarb3

ajbarb3

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Sports, and Gambling

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:32 AM

Good Luck Mak!!! Does anyone know if Fiddler is still playing??? I haven't seen him at Foxwoods in a while...
Play smart!

#22 Naked_Cowboy

Naked_Cowboy

the dynamo of volition

• Members
  • 4,479 posts
  • Interests:playing all your best games

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:03 PM

View Postajbarb3, on Thursday, May 31st, 2007, 11:32 AM, said:

Good Luck Mak!!! Does anyone know if Fiddler is still playing??? I haven't seen him at Foxwoods in a while...
Fid got a place in vegas with the intention of taking a shot at playing full time. That's what he said during the WPT championship at least.
~certified bumhunter~

#23 seemorenuts

seemorenuts

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 565 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:rakefree poker

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:47 PM

Anthony, this summer is yours to enjoy, don't feel pressured to post until after the ME.It's more important that you are focused and rested.I realize posting early doesn't really give THAT much info to the opposition, etc., but sometimeshappy stress causes fatigue.See, I care more about you doing well than us watching your progress.Lol, I will get flamed for that. Who cares!Until then, you don't need to play so much, read Chen's book and Kill Phil (for knowledge about how others might play--btw a 2+2 article did criticize calling with suited connectors aren't all that good, but Sklansky liked the book).Know that in certain situations a common error is not calling with what looks like weak hands. Get the odds down cold on that, it'll make a difference.Raymer prides himself on knowing how to size bets according to situations, make sure you are up on that.Are you emailing DN much? Pester the guy, he's so lazy this summer.
[

#24 dynamoz123

dynamoz123

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:12 PM

Honestly, I have no clue which events I'm playing in. I do know that it should be strictly NL events (as that's all I know how to play). I'll try to find out before I head down to Vegas. That's pretty interesting how Fiddler is considering going full-time. I guess he must be doing really well. When I met up with him in December I remember him saying that he could barely time off for being there. I wonder if he quit his day job. Does he have a blog by any chance?Yeah, I highly doubt I'll be posting at all as there doesn't seem to be internet at the place I'm staying. I'm sure Matt or someone from FCP will post updates periodically. Daniel seems to be playing in most of the events so I'm not sure if he'll have time to talk to me. Perhaps before the main event.

#25 Fidler0

Fidler0

FidPoker

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 09:32 AM

View Postdynamoz123, on Saturday, June 2nd, 2007, 2:12 AM, said:

Honestly, I have no clue which events I'm playing in. I do know that it should be strictly NL events (as that's all I know how to play). I'll try to find out before I head down to Vegas. That's pretty interesting how Fiddler is considering going full-time. I guess he must be doing really well. When I met up with him in December I remember him saying that he could barely time off for being there. I wonder if he quit his day job. Does he have a blog by any chance?Yeah, I highly doubt I'll be posting at all as there doesn't seem to be internet at the place I'm staying. I'm sure Matt or someone from FCP will post updates periodically. Daniel seems to be playing in most of the events so I'm not sure if he'll have time to talk to me. Perhaps before the main event.
Ok first of all..it's Fidler...one D :club: Anthony..i did quit my day job...giving Vegas a little trial run. Just moved out here about a week ago or so. As an update..i'm playing mostly 5-10NL games here almost every day...and i'm up almost 7k early.I update my blog on my myspace page occassionally, but not as much as i should. You can find that here
TP/MM ?
strike one

#26 AKoffsuit

AKoffsuit

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:44 PM

[quote name='dynamoz123' date='Friday, June 1st, 2007, 11:12 PM' post='1926633']Honestly, I have no clue which events I'm playing in. I do know that it should be strictly NL events (as that's all I know how to play). I'll try to find out before I head down to Vegas. Cool. Try and let us know which events you're in before you head down to Vegas.

#27 dynamoz123

dynamoz123

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 09:58 PM

Whoops...well for all the times people misspell my last name, I'm entitled to to a misspell now and then, lol. That's pretty cool trying poker full time. Maybe I'll see you down there sometime, I'll be playing 1-2 NL though. Wish you the best of luck. Will you be making the trip down there AKoffsuit?

#28 seemorenuts

seemorenuts

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 565 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:rakefree poker

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:56 AM

First of all, let me preface this comment by saying I think it's incredibly generous of DN to have this protege promotion.He has better things to do with his time and with the value of what you learn with DN, it's got to be an experience of a lifetime.I hope he continues this protege concept but I really wouldn't be surprised if twice is enough for him.It's maybe too late for you now Anthony, but if you are as good as DN said you are at tournament NLHE play (and I have no reason to doubt his word), then I would have spent the last three months basically learning razz* and the other games with the intention of joining those WSOP events with the goal maximizing the chances of winning multiple bracelets (of course this would be subject to getting the approval beforehand but it doesn't rule out a parlay starting with NLHE events). Sure, no one has the obligation to teach you anything about other games, but heck, if he's in a good mood with a few hours, why not? Also, if DN is a bit too busy, just ask another pro, that would be kinda funny, don't you think? People already know who you are to some extent and it would be a laugh for other pros to take some credit with a bright student.There are plenty of anecdotes where a talented beginner took a bracelet, and these events have somewhat smaller turnouts... I'm not ignoring the fact that they may be packed with great players.After the WSOP, you are on your own, lol. Enjoy the ride!* I used razz as an example because it's a relatively easy game, you have more of a shot at a bracelet by reading the razz section of "Sklansky on Poker" a few days before the tourney than with any other form of poker. In fact, I think I'll give it a try on my first WSOP trip.
[

#29 AKoffsuit

AKoffsuit

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:16 PM

View Postdynamoz123, on Sunday, June 3rd, 2007, 10:58 PM, said:

Whoops...well for all the times people misspell my last name, I'm entitled to to a misspell now and then, lol. That's pretty cool trying poker full time. Maybe I'll see you down there sometime, I'll be playing 1-2 NL though. Wish you the best of luck. Will you be making the trip down there AKoffsuit?
I'll be heading down there on June 16th, 17th and then again the following weekend on the 22nd 23rd and 24th.My work is interfering in my WSOP plans. :club: I'll also be there June 30th July 2nd, 6th,7th and 8th. I'm not sure which day's or events you'll end up playing in, but maybe I'll see ya down there. Maybe go for some 1/2. Let me know.Good luck in those events!

#30 dynamoz123

dynamoz123

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:14 PM

Yeah, for now I just want to try to master NL. As that's the most popular and by far easiest to find games for. Plus there's still a lot of room for improvement. I'm sure at some point I'll get bored of NL and at that time I may look into other games. More importantly though, I still need to find a job, lol.Cool, I'll make a note of that. I'll probably be playing most days but in my spare time I'll be playing in 1/2 NL if I'm not broke by then. :club:

#31 dynamoz123

dynamoz123

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:04 PM

Looks like I'll be playing on these dates:June 13, 15, 17, 21, 23, 28, 30, and July 6/7/8

#32 AKoffsuit

AKoffsuit

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:37 PM

View Postdynamoz123, on Tuesday, June 5th, 2007, 10:04 PM, said:

Looks like I'll be playing on these dates:June 13, 15, 17, 21, 23, 28, 30, and July 6/7/8
:club: I'll be down there for some of those days so I'll catch up with ya then. Have a safe trip.

#33 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,751 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:53 PM

Good luck guys!
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#34 Morpheus

Morpheus

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:17 AM

Congratulations guys, on becoming honourary members of Team Pokerstars! :club:

#35 MrH

MrH

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:53 PM

So today is/was your first event, good luck Anthony.No fear, go get 'em! :club:
-MrH

#36 styler9

styler9

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:43 PM

what do you think? is anthony overdoing the pokerstars gear in his first WSOP interview? :club:http://www.worldseri...p;txtQueryDate=

#37 Chiefclint

Chiefclint

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:Numbers/logic games:poker and sudoko, shooting pool, playing a mean game of race cars with my 2.5 yr old son and alot of tickles with my 4 mth old girl. Can cook gourmet for 6 or bbq for 20.
  • Favorite Poker Game:OMH PL, NLHE and LHE

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:56 AM

and ur looking at what he is wearing, look at the honey, mmmmm

#38 gobears

gobears

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:36 AM

Good Luck Anthony!Nice job with the eye contact in that interview - you didn't seem distracted at all!
Work to live, don't live to work - Todd Harrison

#39 dynamoz123

dynamoz123

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:01 AM

I'm wearing black PokerStars pants as well. :DBut yeah, I think you'll see all PokerStars players will be dressed like that, except for maybe the pros. Yeah, it's always some pretty girl, not that I'm complaining.

#40 themainevent

themainevent

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:HU

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:06 AM

so you failed at this years WSOP im guessing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users