Jump to content


Paging A-mak..


  • Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Naked_Cowboy

Naked_Cowboy

    the dynamo of volition

  • Members
  • 4,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dallas, TX
  • Interests:playing all your best games

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:28 AM

What's shaking? When do you plan on playing the rest of your tournaments. The busiest time of the year for 10-k buy in events just passed and you only played one. Even with daniel's previously stated plan of you playing the WSOP ME as your last tournament, are there even enough for you to play between now and then?
~certified bumhunter~

#2 dynamoz123

dynamoz123

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:47 PM

Hi Mike. I was going to post updates when things were finalized but the plan is to use the remaining three buy-ins all at the WSOP. These are the events that I selected:#3 1,500#10 2,000#15 1,500#22 5,000#28 3,000#35 1,500#45 5,000#55 10,000

#3 Naked_Cowboy

Naked_Cowboy

    the dynamo of volition

  • Members
  • 4,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dallas, TX
  • Interests:playing all your best games

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:56 AM

View Postdynamoz123, on Monday, April 9th, 2007, 8:47 PM, said:

Hi Mike. I was going to post updates when things were finalized but the plan is to use the remaining three buy-ins all at the WSOP. These are the events that I selected:#3 1,500#10 2,000#15 1,500#22 5,000#28 3,000#35 1,500#45 5,000#55 10,000
Good times. My plan is to play at least #12 and #16, so we'll be there at the same time.
~certified bumhunter~

#4 iowahawk09

iowahawk09

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:57 AM

GL to both of youHopefully I'll win my ME seat soon. I keep bubbling :club:

#5 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

    Point taken....

  • Members
  • 11,378 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Phoenix / Motor City

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:18 PM

View Postdynamoz123, on Monday, April 9th, 2007, 9:47 PM, said:

Hi Mike. I was going to post updates when things were finalized but the plan is to use the remaining three buy-ins all at the WSOP. These are the events that I selected:#3 1,500#10 2,000#15 1,500#22 5,000#28 3,000#35 1,500#45 5,000#55 10,000
YO! Sup Mak?You should skip event 10 and come play some golf with us! June 6th!Same to everyone else reading this thread.Either way, good luck to you Mak! :club:



F Cancer

#6 dynamoz123

dynamoz123

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:11 PM

Seems there's some changes to the schedule I posted. As it stands, it looks like my first tournament will be the 12th but I'll be sure to post once things are finalized.

#7 Naked_Cowboy

Naked_Cowboy

    the dynamo of volition

  • Members
  • 4,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dallas, TX
  • Interests:playing all your best games

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:47 PM

View Postdynamoz123, on Wednesday, April 11th, 2007, 8:11 PM, said:

I'm now playing the 2.5k HORSE event with nakedcowboy
brilliant idea sir.seriously though, are you going to have a roll to play some side games at all? It was like free money at 2-5 at the rio during the WSOP. almost everyone at the the table either just busted from something or was there with someone else playing in an event so they thought they'd play to kill time.
~certified bumhunter~

#8 dynamoz123

dynamoz123

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:23 PM

Haha, would you believe that I didn't even know what HORSE was till recently? (Actually, I still don't know what the E stands for but now I do after a quick google) I always thought that it was like basketball horse put with poker...somehow. Anyway, I don't have much of a roll to play on. I have been playing at the casino quite frequently for the past three weeks seeing how playing poker full time would be like and trying to make some money. If I factor in gas money and time spent there I make less than min. wage...I have never been through such a bad run of cards before. (Here goes my rant...) All-in pre-flop with an overpair against an underpair. 2-outers or 3-outers. My hand just never seems to hold up. One time I had aces, hit my set on the flop and still lose to runner runner. I made close to pot-sized bets pre-flop and on all streets (save the river). On the river the board is A2345, he moves me all in (I didn't have much more at that point), I call, only to see that he only had sixes the whole time! Now that that's off my chest, back on topic. I'll just be playing at the 1-2 NL tables (which is already too high for my bankroll).

#9 Governator

Governator

    FCP Administrator

  • Root Admin
  • 5,577 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Barrie, ON

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:03 PM

View Postdynamoz123, on Thursday, April 12th, 2007, 10:23 PM, said:

Haha, would you believe that I didn't even know what HORSE was till recently? (Actually, I still don't know what the E stands for but now I do after a quick google) I always thought that it was like basketball horse put with poker...somehow. Anyway, I don't have much of a roll to play on. I have been playing at the casino quite frequently for the past three weeks seeing how playing poker full time would be like and trying to make some money. If I factor in gas money and time spent there I make less than min. wage...I have never been through such a bad run of cards before. (Here goes my rant...) All-in pre-flop with an overpair against an underpair. 2-outers or 3-outers. My hand just never seems to hold up. One time I had aces, hit my set on the flop and still lose to runner runner. I made close to pot-sized bets pre-flop and on all streets (save the river). On the river the board is A2345, he moves me all in (I didn't have much more at that point), I call, only to see that he only had sixes the whole time! Now that that's off my chest, back on topic. I'll just be playing at the 1-2 NL tables (which is already too high for my bankroll).
After July 1-2NL could be quite low for your bankroll :club:

#10 seemorenuts

seemorenuts

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 565 posts
  • Location:TORONTO
  • Favorite Poker Game:rakefree poker

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:15 PM

Hi Anthony,I saw you near the top of some prima network MTT two days ago...How did you finally decide on only those LV WSOP tournaments?Who would pay for the travel if you opted for 3 more 10K tournaments at different locations/cities?I hope Daniel gives you just as much instruction and coaching during the WSOP as he would have if you had spread them out elsewhere.Best of luck! Let me know if you need any coaching or tips... ha ha...
[

#11 MrH

MrH

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Location:Western Hemisphere

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:20 PM

View PostGovernator, on Thursday, April 12th, 2007, 10:03 PM, said:

After July 1-2NL could be quite low for your bankroll :club:
lol.. very true!Smart idea with the WSOP schedule, Anthony, i think that's the best thing you could have done with the rest of the buy-ins! I always thought jumping right into a 10k would be a little much, but doing some prelims would help get one into the groove, and get comfortable with the whole environment, etc.. I suspect you will do quite well, keep at it & good luck!
-MrH

#12 dynamoz123

dynamoz123

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:51 PM

:club:

View PostGovernator, on Thursday, April 12th, 2007, 11:03 PM, said:

After July 1-2NL could be quite low for your bankroll :D
Highly doubtful, I'm likely to spend most of my winnings, if any, lol.

View Postseemorenuts, on Friday, April 13th, 2007, 9:15 PM, said:

Hi Anthony,I saw you near the top of some prima network MTT two days ago...How did you finally decide on only those LV WSOP tournaments?Who would pay for the travel if you opted for 3 more 10K tournaments at different locations/cities?I hope Daniel gives you just as much instruction and coaching during the WSOP as he would have if you had spread them out elsewhere.Best of luck! Let me know if you need any coaching or tips... ha ha...
You sure it was me? I'm rarely at the top of any MTTs...Recently I only played here and one other site. If it was it must've been the 3k guarantee. I mainly like to play SNG where I do much better.Matt (from FCP) and Daniel suggested that break up two of the buy-ins giving me more tournaments to play in. Although I do like the slow blind structure of the WPT, I also like to play in more in more tournaments.If I decided to play in three separate tournaments, the traveling expenses would've been paid for by FCP.Yes, I could definitely use some more coaching from him if I hope to make any cashes. I'm still reading poker books to improve my game.Yeah, I think playing in the preliminary events would help ease the pressure as well. I mean moving from my $10 tournaments to $10k one is huge difference in a lot of ways. Obviously the money but the caliber of the players as well. Playing with FCP's money helps ease some of the pressure though. :D

#13 MrH

MrH

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Location:Western Hemisphere

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:06 AM

My memory may be failing me, Anthony, but didn't you say upon first landing in the Bahamas that whoever you eventually beat heads-up may get one of the 10k buy-ins to play with on their own? :club:
-MrH

#14 seemorenuts

seemorenuts

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 565 posts
  • Location:TORONTO
  • Favorite Poker Game:rakefree poker

Posted 14 April 2007 - 11:49 AM

Yes, it was you, who else would have the exact same handle?If Daniel means what he says about how good you are already, I can't think of anything I can give you to help further your preparation. Make sure you view those WPT DVDs and if you don't have them I can lendyou seasons 1&2; I'm in Toronto. I have other DVDs but they are rarely of any use. I'm guessing DN has provided you with all the HSP tapes or you have viewed all the video streams.I'd play one tourney online per day max and read and post at 2+2 if I were you.Those expertholdem.com dvds are fantastic as well but only one of four sets deal with NL (Slotboom's).I'm trying to get multiple sets these days.Also, the coaching videos online are worth paying for, cardrunners.com & (listen to the audio mp3s mentioned at pocketfives.com) pokermentors.com, pokerxfactor.com and some top players' blogs CAN ANY OF YOU RECOMMEND THE MOST USEFUL TO ANTHONY FOR NOW?Of course, if you are persistent, lol, you can squeeze Daniel for more Gold. :club: Ask him about what he knows about Johnny Chan's i) specific tell and ii) the all-purpose combo bet (defensive, pot-building, offensive?) Daniel incorporated into his own play; DN mentioned both on his blog at different times and he won't share the secrets with the rest of us!I have only one minor philosophical objection to playing the rest of your buyins at one setting:Sometimes, learning takes a few weeks to sink in subconsciously. Of course you may not have the logistical luxury of spreading them out but I think FCP should throw in a few extra buyins in exchange for the AIRFARES THEY'RE SAVING ON!HINT HINT, FCP? WHADDA YA SAY, HELP THE MAKSTER OUT!?
[

#15 dynamoz123

dynamoz123

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:28 PM

Yes, your memory is failing you since never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that I'd even come close to winning. Maybe I need the same kind of mindset going into the WSOP.Maybe I'm starting to get fans of my own and they're starting to use my name? But seriously I didn't think anyone would recognize the name since no one's ever asked about it in any of the card rooms that I've played. Yeah, I've watched all of season 1 & 3 and most of 2 of HSP. I've watched many of the WPT final tables as well. I'll certainly look into the things you suggested though to further my game as I'm doing absolutely nothing right now.

#16 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

    Point taken....

  • Members
  • 11,378 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Phoenix / Motor City

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:20 AM

View Postdynamoz123, on Saturday, April 14th, 2007, 10:28 PM, said:

Yes, your memory is failing you since never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that I'd even come close to winning. Maybe I need the same kind of mindset going into the WSOP.Maybe I'm starting to get fans of my own and they're starting to use my name? But seriously I didn't think anyone would recognize the name since no one's ever asked about it in any of the card rooms that I've played. Yeah, I've watched all of season 1 & 3 and most of 2 of HSP. I've watched many of the WPT final tables as well. I'll certainly look into the things you suggested though to further my game as I'm doing absolutely nothing right now.
During the WSOP just do what you have always done and follow DN's advice. You have NOTHING to lose man...just go out there and let it all hang out buddy! You will; love the experience. I'm sure that myself and many others will stop by and say hello, cheer you on, etc. ENJOY THE MOMENT! :club:



F Cancer

#17 dynamoz123

dynamoz123

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:21 PM

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing any FCP folks there.

#18 AKoffsuit

AKoffsuit

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 513 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hollywood. CA

Posted 04 May 2007 - 06:19 PM

View Postdynamoz123, on Tuesday, May 1st, 2007, 10:21 PM, said:

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing any FCP folks there.
Hey Anthony,Good luck in those events!!Adam

#19 dynamoz123

dynamoz123

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:24 PM

Thanks. Just a quick update. I'll be heading to Vegas on the 12th and play in my first tournament on the 13th.

#20 Naked_Cowboy

Naked_Cowboy

    the dynamo of volition

  • Members
  • 4,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dallas, TX
  • Interests:playing all your best games

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:01 AM

View Postdynamoz123, on Wednesday, May 30th, 2007, 9:24 PM, said:

Thanks. Just a quick update. I'll be heading to Vegas on the 12th and play in my first tournament on the 13th.
finalize your list yet?
~certified bumhunter~




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users