169 replies to this topic

#1 Marchione

Marchione

brad booth fanboy !

• Members
  • 1,464 posts
  • Interests:i love to eat

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:27 AM

if this blog has something todo with ram playing golf with phil and ram losing 900k during Aussie millions at capital golf course.I talked with Ram that evening after it happened ~ it was the same day (jan 13th) that erik won a 400k pot with AQ in the side game.Ram's issue is that Phil's partner was/is a semi pro.
~I rake in his stack and punch his ticket on the valuetown express. And its was only one way~

#2 cambo

cambo

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:54 AM

View PostMarchione, on Monday, April 9th, 2007, 3:27 AM, said:

if this blog has something todo with ram playing golf with phil and ram losing 900k during Aussie millions at capital golf course.I talked with Ram that evening after it happened ~ it was the same day (jan 13th) that erik won a 400k pot with AQ in the side game.Ram's issue is that Phil's partner was/is a semi pro.
marc goodwin wrote an article on his side of the story a couple of months ago on blondepoker.comon the blondepoker home page scroll down and go to news archives his article is on page 9 under the heading "ivey the hustler?"

#3 fighter

fighter

2009 Year of the grind

• Members
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:38 AM

View Postcambo, on Monday, April 9th, 2007, 9:54 PM, said:

marc goodwin wrote an article on his side of the story a couple of months ago on blondepoker.comon the blondepoker home page scroll down and go to news archives his article is on page 9 under the heading "ivey the hustler?"
http://www.blondepok...php?q=node/7225there is the link.

#4 Marchione

Marchione

brad booth fanboy !

• Members
  • 1,464 posts
  • Interests:i love to eat

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:25 AM

there is a little more to it then what is being reported !i talked to Ram maybe 5 hours after golfing with Phil and lets just say it doesnt look good on phil
~I rake in his stack and punch his ticket on the valuetown express. And its was only one way~

#5 irishguy

irishguy

Your weakness is disgusting to me.

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:51 AM

View PostMarchione, on Monday, April 9th, 2007, 5:25 AM, said:

there is a little more to it then what is being reported !i talked to Ram maybe 5 hours after golfing with Phil and lets just say it doesnt look good on phil
Of course Ram's side doesn't make Phil look good. As I'm sure Phil's side of the story doesn't make Ram look good. I forget all the details of this and don't feel like rereading things but if I remember correctly most if not all the participants were upset after the front nine but still continued on or came back later and played the back nine at the same stakes. If they felt they were being hustled than why play the back nine? Why not leave? It sounds like the were upset but were to stuborn and felt they could "get even". If you are being hustled and feel strongly as though this is the case you stop the competition right there, you don't continue on with the intent to either get lucky or refuse to settle your debt.
gmanshade owes me $500: Since July 6th, 2009 and counting.....

#6 MoChipsPlese

MoChipsPlese

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • Interests:Donking away stacks and stacks of checks!
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL HE

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:06 AM

View PostMarchione, on Monday, April 9th, 2007, 7:27 AM, said:

So, it appears that all of the players are Phil Ivey, his partner (any guesses?) vs Ram Vaswani (Mar Wasvani) and (Clark Badmin). My guess for Clark's real name is Ross Boatman. This makes sense since both Ross and Ram are both Hendon Mob & Full Tilt guys. Pretty pathetic that they haven't paid. If you agree to make a bet and lose you have nobody to blame but yourself even if you were hustled. Use it as a lesson to never let it happen again. Back in Doyle's earlier days those two would be pushing up daisy's by now. I hope the gambling community ostracizes them from future bets until they settle up.
Zsta2k6....show yourself beeotch!

#7 James D

James D

not on twitter

• Members
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:15 AM

View PostMoChipsPlese, on Monday, April 9th, 2007, 7:06 AM, said:

(Clark Badmin). My guess for Clark's real name is Ross Boatman. This makes sense since both Ross and Ram are both Hendon Mob & Full Tilt guys.
Clark Badmin is Marc Goodwin.

#8 Zeatrix

Zeatrix

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:HORSE

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:31 AM

Well this is clearly an issue where none of us, and I mean NON, can really tell who's right or wrong, we weren't there and no one except the guys on the course will probably know exactly what happened.
FCP's resident swede...
...and global warming informer.

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for a reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." - Albert Einstein
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the
evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something
which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest
evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way.
" - Bertrand Russell

#9 MoChipsPlese

MoChipsPlese

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:32 AM

View PostJames D, on Monday, April 9th, 2007, 11:15 AM, said:

Clark Badmin is Marc Goodwin.
:club: Yeah that makes way too much sense now that I look at it. My educated guess was pretty bad except for maybe the Hendon Mob connection.

#10 cambo

cambo

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:51 AM

View PostMoChipsPlese, on Monday, April 9th, 2007, 7:32 AM, said:

:club: Yeah that makes way too much sense now that I look at it. My educated guess was pretty bad except for maybe the Hendon Mob connection.
lol well i did say heres "marc goodwins" responce

#11 AngloBoy

AngloBoy

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Poker ;-)

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:07 AM

Ok, so they claim they shouldn't have given Phil 10 shots, but they lost 14 holes. So does this mean, being men of honour, they have paid up for the 4 holes they feel they should have lost by and are just haggling over the rest?In my experience Phil was asking for trouble gambling with a Double glazing salesman from the West Midlands.....

#12 cambo

cambo

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:17 AM

View PostAngloBoy, on Monday, April 9th, 2007, 8:07 AM, said:

Ok, so they claim they shouldn't have given Phil 10 shots, but they lost 14 holes. So does this mean, being men of honour, they have paid up for the 4 holes they feel they should have lost by and are just haggling over the rest?In my experience Phil was asking for trouble gambling with a Double glazing salesman from the West Midlands.....
from what i know ram and marc have been mates with phil for yrs - playing golf all over the world together for big money. wasnt just a one off where he bimped into a an ex double glazing salesman on the course and they had a round

#13 grocery_mony

grocery_mony

^Douchebag^

• Members
  • 9,082 posts
  • Interests:poker,money

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:13 AM

You got me again Daniel. I thought to myself I had know idea Daniel could become such a douchebag welching on a bet he agreed on. Those guys should have walked off the course as soon as they got to the point where they couldnt afford to pay instead of burying themselves deeper. In gambling your word is your credit and these guys are bankrupt. Even if they pay a portion of what they owe they should never be trusted again.

#14 Skittles

Skittles

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:18 AM

View Postgrocery_mony, on Monday, April 9th, 2007, 9:13 AM, said:

You got me again Daniel. I thought to myself I had know idea Daniel could become such a douchebag welching on a bet he agreed on. Those guys should have walked off the course as soon as they got to the point where they couldnt afford to pay instead of burying themselves deeper. In gambling your word is your credit and these guys are bankrupt. Even if they pay a portion of what they owe they should never be trusted again.
I agree, and I think this why we'll see them either make the full payment or nothing (I'd bet on nothing). Although I'd think 1.8M is the type of money 'someone' might consider sending a collector over.
Solve two problems at once, feed the homeless to the hungry.

#15 cambo

cambo

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:29 AM

View PostSkittles, on Monday, April 9th, 2007, 9:18 AM, said:

I agree, and I think this why we'll see them either make the full payment or nothing (I'd bet on nothing). Although I'd think 1.8M is the type of money 'someone' might consider sending a collector over.
these guys have money both are multi millionaires made from poker and sports betting. they have the money they just chose not to pay it for resons stated in the article that marc goowin wrote. although id say theres abit more too it than both sides have said. everything will be settled one way or another when they all meet up for the $25k tourney at the bellagio this month

#16 tatavarti87

tatavarti87

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:41 AM

I think based on what Goodwin wrote in that article, anyone who claims they owe Ivey ANYTHING is being ridiculous. Lying about your handicap destroys any previous agreements they had, and the fact that they chose to continue the game despite losing badly (probably to gain even) is not a reason for them to pay. They were under the impression at the time that something was fishy but they still didnt know the Lindgren doesn't give any shots to Ivey. Seeing as Goodwin is the only real part involved in this incident to speak out and share their version of events, I think he is the one we should believe now and that him and Vaswani owe Ivey nothing.There's a difference between hustling or angleshooting and actually LYING. Ivey crossed the line assuming Goodwin's account is accurate.

#17 Teffy

Teffy

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 557 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Omaha 8

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:23 AM

View PostMarchione, on Monday, April 9th, 2007, 3:27 AM, said:

That was not his issue.
"John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here."

#18 MoChipsPlese

MoChipsPlese

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:24 AM

View Posttatavarti87, on Monday, April 9th, 2007, 1:41 PM, said:

I think based on what Goodwin wrote in that article, anyone who claims they owe Ivey ANYTHING is being ridiculous. Lying about your handicap destroys any previous agreements they had, and the fact that they chose to continue the game despite losing badly (probably to gain even) is not a reason for them to pay. They were under the impression at the time that something was fishy but they still didnt know the Lindgren doesn't give any shots to Ivey. Seeing as Goodwin is the only real part involved in this incident to speak out and share their version of events, I think he is the one we should believe now and that him and Vaswani owe Ivey nothing.There's a difference between hustling or angleshooting and actually LYING. Ivey crossed the line assuming Goodwin's account is accurate.
There is a huge difference between sandbagging and being a sandbagger. One is completely acceptable in the poker world the other is completely frowned upon in the golfing world. I doubt that Ivey would stoop that low on the golf course but hey I don't know the guy and have to rely on all the incredibly positive things other pro's say about him. If he was being a sandbagger then I wouldn't pay him either BUT....1) People can have 'the round of their life" on any given day2) If they are used to playing him and saw that he was playing better than normal, why keep playing and betting?If #2 is accurate then I still say they don't have a case against not paying off the bet.

#19 Teffy

Teffy

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 557 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Omaha 8

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:27 AM

View Posttatavarti87, on Monday, April 9th, 2007, 9:41 AM, said:

Its funny, because i don't ever see Phil or more importantly Erik, making any public comments about this situation. So i'm thinking this is just gonna go in circles until it dies.
"John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here."

#20 jooka

jooka

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 708 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:29 AM

View PostMoChipsPlese, on Monday, April 9th, 2007, 11:24 AM, said:

There is a huge difference between sandbagging and being a sandbagger. One is completely acceptable in the poker world the other is completely frowned upon in the golfing world. I doubt that Ivey would stoop that low on the golf course but hey I don't know the guy and have to rely on all the incredibly positive things other pro's say about him. If he was being a sandbagger then I wouldn't pay him either BUT....1) People can have 'the round of their life" on any given day2) If they are used to playing him and saw that he was playing better than normal, why keep playing and betting?If #2 is accurate then I still say they don't have a case against not paying off the bet.
thing is, even DN has posted that Ivey's game has improved a ton. by not telling them his real handicap to gain an edge is pretty low class.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users