Offical Masters Thread! Daniel, Who You Picking?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

Go Niners

• Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:45 PM

After this first round, I gotta say it's going to Tiger. He has done this too many times and knows the course by heart. Mickelson shot 4 over today and by the way he's hitting them, he stands no chance. Who you picking Daniel?

#2 chrozzo

chrozzo

hi™

• Members
  • 23,047 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:20 PM

Posted Image
FCP CBO: Chief Beer Officer

I'm kind of a big deal.

#3 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

Go Niners

• Members
  • 5,191 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:22 PM

View Postchrozzo, on Thursday, April 5th, 2007, 6:20 PM, said:

Posted Image
LOL, but seriously, golf is addicting and fun.

#4 PillyPill

PillyPill

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,114 posts
  • Interests:I hate poker
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE Tourneys

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:53 PM

I love the Masters. Been watching them with my dad since I was 8. That course is so perfect. I admit I got a little choked up today seeing the bridge. Anyways, I gotta stick with Tiger or I am hoping Charles Howell III gets his big win.

#5 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:28 AM

I can tell you now that there is no way Daniel can nswer this.If he does than he is ackowledging in the Augusta club, which doesn't allow women members and he's a chauvanist pigIf he picks Phil then he's a racsit for not picking TigerIf he picks Stenson than he's anti AmericanIf he picks Montgomery then he's crazyIf he picks Tiger he's name droppingBetter to not even post in this thread and keep the one or two fans he has left
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

“Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed: everything else is public relations.” ― George Orwell

#6 donk4life

donk4life

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:33 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Friday, April 6th, 2007, 9:28 AM, said:

I can tell you now that there is no way Daniel can nswer this.If he does than he is ackowledging in the Augusta club, which doesn't allow women members and he's a chauvanist pigIf he picks Phil then he's a racsit for not picking TigerIf he picks Stenson than he's anti AmericanIf he picks Montgomery then he's crazyIf he picks Tiger he's name droppingBetter to not even post in this thread and keep the one or two fans he has left
I like your optimism

View Postakashenk, on 02 August 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

I don't mind folding out hands we beat.

#7 Sportsmack

Sportsmack

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 10:00 AM

I only watch golf when I need to take a nap :club:...but to answer your question, I'm rooting for one of the old school guys like Ben Crenshaw.
QUOTE (TwstdWrstr @ Thursday, April 2nd, 2009, 3:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only two more tables until you achieve poker orgy! Chips will be flying every which way, nonstop suck outs galore, and you won't know where you blew your stack but damn it'll be a great night.

#8 akoff

akoff

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,942 posts
  • Interests:Golf, investing, Eagles football, golf, baseball, coaching Little League and golf
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 06 April 2007 - 10:10 AM

View PostSportsmack, on Friday, April 6th, 2007, 10:00 AM, said:

I only watch golf when I need to take a nap :club:...but to answer your question, I'm rooting for one of the old school guys like Ben Crenshaw.
good luck with that. Crenshaw doesn't hit 335 off the tee....that leaves him with no shot.Crazy length those guys are hitting the ball.
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama

#9 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 7,579 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 10:16 PM

I'm in a pool and got the first pick. There is a "no Tiger" rule though. It's 4 guys, and here are my 10 with alternate:1. Phil Mickelson2. Jim Furyk3. H. Stentson4. T. Immelman5. Chris DiMarco6. Steward Cink7. Darren Clarke8. David Toms9. K.J. Choi10. Lee WestwoodALT Colin Montgomerie

#10 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

Point taken....

• Members
  • 11,377 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 10:33 PM

Augusta is playing SICK tuff right now. Gonna be very difficult if not impossible for Phil or Tiger to come back. Saturday will be some awesome golf.edit: I would love to see Furyk take this one. :club:

F Cancer

#11 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

Go Niners

• Members
  • 5,191 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:06 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Friday, April 6th, 2007, 11:16 PM, said:

I'm in a pool and got the first pick. There is a "no Tiger" rule though. It's 4 guys, and here are my 10 with alternate:1. Phil Mickelson2. Jim Furyk3. H. Stentson4. T. Immelman5. Chris DiMarco6. Steward Cink7. Darren Clarke8. David Toms9. K.J. Choi10. Lee WestwoodALT Colin Montgomerie
Furyk and Mickelson stand the best chance to win. Phil is seven back and Jim is only 3 I believe. I wouldn't be suprised if Zach Johnson took it down. LOL @ Montgomerie.

#12 showstopper24

showstopper24

SKADOOSH!

• Members
  • 9,470 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Blind Man's Bluff

Posted 07 April 2007 - 04:25 PM

View PostSportsmack, on Friday, April 6th, 2007, 10:00 AM, said:

as a golfer myslef, i disagree with everybody who says that they watch it go go to sleep. Most of the guys hit great shots and it is entertaining to watch them hit these good shots. to me, though its a bad comparison, watching golf is like watching football when someone makes a good play, becuase on most of the shots, the golfers hit good shots. and when they do hit bad shots, its equally entertaining
W.W.J.B.D-What Would Jack Bauer Do?
_____ That's what she said!

#13 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

Point taken....

• Members
  • 11,377 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:02 PM

Wow...what a day today.It seemed like everyone was missing easy putts and choking (was it the cold?) backing the lead right into Tigers lap!All of the sudden the Masters once again appears to be in Tigers grasp. Amazing... :club:

F Cancer

#14 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

Go Niners

• Members
  • 5,191 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 02:42 PM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Saturday, April 7th, 2007, 12:06 AM, said:

Furyk and Mickelson stand the best chance to win. Phil is seven back and Jim is only 3 I believe. I wouldn't be suprised if Zach Johnson took it down. LOL @ Montgomerie.
God I'm good. :D :club: :D

#15 chrozzo

chrozzo

hi™

• Members
  • 23,047 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:26 PM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Friday, April 6th, 2007, 3:22 AM, said:

LOL, but seriously, golf is addicting and fun.
i agree
FCP CBO: Chief Beer Officer

I'm kind of a big deal.

#16 bmtphs05

bmtphs05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 07:30 PM

Agreed.Congrats to Zach Johnson, what's the highest score to win The Masters? I gotta believe +1 has to be around the highest.

#17 NoShowJones

NoShowJones

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:38 AM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Saturday, April 7th, 2007, 2:16 AM, said:

It's easy to say this looking back... but really, how could you leave Retief Goosen off that list? 2002 - 2nd2003 - T132004 - T132005 - T32006 - T3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users