519 replies to this topic

#41 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

The Outlier

• Members
  • 10,374 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold 'Em, Crazy Pineapple, 2-7 TD

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:39 AM

With the Mets picking up Santana, this year's going to be a bit more difficult. I'm also really bummed to see Renteria leave. He was an offensive catalyst when he wasn't injured.

#42 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,852 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 06:26 PM

Im glad that Glavine is back in the ATL. Some things are just right. And right is right.
Spoiler

#43 gatortom64

gatortom64

Turning the beast around!!!

• Members
  • 6,328 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Fishing
  • Favorite Poker Game:All

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:40 AM

Here's to a good year!!! Go Braves!!

Johnny Chan shaking hands with a legend.

http://www.facebook.com/thomas.dyer1

gatortom64: too bad I folded my 46, I woulda banked
gatortom64: but I am no Harrison Gimbel

#44 Freddec

Freddec

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,970 posts
  • Interests:poker, sports, music<br /><br />

Posted 16 February 2008 - 03:53 PM

VERY excited about this year.........weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
THIS OLD TOWN’S FILLED WITH SIN
IT’LL SWALLOW YOU IN
IF YOU’VE GOT SOME MONEY TO BURN
TAKE IT HOME, RIGHT AWAY
YOU’VE GOT THREE YEARS TO PAY
BUT SATAN IS WAITING HIS TURN

"Sin City" Gram Parsons

freddec on Stars
freddyspades on Tilt

#45 Pokerroad

Pokerroad

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:59 PM

View PostFreddec, on Saturday, February 16th, 2008, 3:53 PM, said:

VERY excited about this year.........weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
85 wins and no playoffs wwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Obama 08

#46 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

The Outlier

• Members
  • 10,374 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:13 AM

View PostPokerroad, on Sunday, February 17th, 2008, 5:59 PM, said:

85 wins and no playoffs wwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I think I mentioned it before, but Braves ran somewhat significantly below expectation last year. Their ExW-L was 89-73...which would've won the NL East and been good for 3rd overall in the NL. On that note, the insane anomaly of last year was Arizona pulling a 90-72 record facing 79-83 ExW-L. I'm curious if that's the biggest difference ever between actual and expected. Another cool note while looking over the 2007 standings...no team finished with a Win% below .407. I doubt that's happened in a really long time.Edit: After spending a few minutes looking...before 2007, the last season when the worst MLB team had a .407 (66-96) Win% was 1984 (the Giants).

#47 cuddlemonkey

cuddlemonkey

That's Numberwang!

• Members
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:58 AM

View PostCobaltBlue, on Sunday, February 10th, 2008, 3:39 AM, said:

With the Mets picking up Santana, this year's going to be a bit more difficult. I'm also really bummed to see Renteria leave. He was an offensive catalyst when he wasn't injured.
I wasn't thrilled to see him go either, but I'm comfortable with Escobar getting the full time gig. Also, the addition of Jurrjens really helps if (when) Hampton goes down again and Chuck James struggles.Plus, with the combined salaries of Edgar and Andruw coming off the books, it frees up money to throw at Teixeira.
Skip to the end...

#48 Jackets1407

Jackets1407

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:omaha h/l

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:16 PM

View Postcuddlemonkey, on Monday, February 18th, 2008, 12:58 PM, said:

I wasn't thrilled to see him go either, but I'm comfortable with Escobar getting the full time gig. Also, the addition of Jurrjens really helps if (when) Hampton goes down again and Chuck James struggles.Plus, with the combined salaries of Edgar and Andruw coming off the books, it frees up money to throw at Teixeira.
Soooo ready for the season to start!!! Was down at Spring Training a couple of weeks ago and Jurrjens was extremely impressive. He almost has to have the 5 spot in the rotation locked up. Already have my tickets for the the first two games of our first home series againt Pitt. March 30 can not get here soon enough!!!!And I'm pretty sure that once we see Escobar over the course of a full season that we will see that the kid has more than enough potential to be a future All-Star

#49 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

The Outlier

• Members
  • 10,374 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:39 AM

Anyone else think it's odd that we open with a one game road "series"? I don't ever recall seeing that before.

#50 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:10 AM

I am jealous because you go Jurrgens. He looked really good last year when he pitched for the Tigers. I love getting Renteria for sure but I think JJ will be something special.
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#51 Jackets1407

Jackets1407

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:22 AM

View PostCobaltBlue, on Thursday, March 20th, 2008, 6:39 AM, said:

Anyone else think it's odd that we open with a one game road "series"? I don't ever recall seeing that before.
It is very unusual, and I'm not sure if it has ever happened before. They talked about it on Baseball Tonight a few weeks ago and the reason for it was that it was a new ballpark and it was the organization in the nation's capitol. They wanted for the Nationals to open up in primetime to try and boost ratings and attendance in the new stadium in Washington.

#52 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

The Outlier

• Members
  • 10,374 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:12 AM

Opening Day!

#53 TheCinciKid

TheCinciKid

Micro Limit Superstar

• Members
  • 3,452 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Baseball, Poker, The Bengals, Poker, Golf, Poker, Movies, Poker, Fantasy Sports, and a little Politics and Current Events.
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:15 AM

I'm thinking about betting the Braves over 84.5 for the season...should I do it?
"If you're too careful, your whole life can become a ****in' grind." - Mike McDermott, Rounders

my (resurrected) poker blog:
http://cincikid.blogspot.com

#54 Jackets1407

Jackets1407

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:24 PM

View PostTheCinciKid, on Sunday, March 30th, 2008, 7:15 AM, said:

I'm thinking about betting the Braves over 84.5 for the season...should I do it?
I believe you should...if we stay healthy this year I believe we should surpass 85 wins.less than 3 hours until the start of the season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#55 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

The Outlier

• Members
  • 10,374 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:40 PM

What a tease of a game.

#56 Jackets1407

Jackets1407

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:24 PM

Just got back from the game and we played soooo much better tonight than we had in the first two. We made so many mistakes to lose the first two games, but tonight we were solid in every aspect of the game...finally!!!! It's nice to get that first W under your belt. Now let's go on a roll from here.Also, just got tickets to Sunday's game with the Mets...SMOLTZ vs. SANTANA.......can't wait.....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

#57 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

The Outlier

• Members
  • 10,374 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:02 AM

Wonder if we'll win an extra-inning or 1-run game this year. We went 6-9 and 18-25 last year. We're a handy 0-2 and 0-2 this year. So far, it looks like the bullpen is going to be the biggest question mark.

#58 Jackets1407

Jackets1407

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:11 AM

View PostCobaltBlue, on Thursday, April 3rd, 2008, 9:02 AM, said:

Wonder if we'll win an extra-inning or 1-run game this year. We went 6-9 and 18-25 last year. We're a handy 0-2 and 0-2 this year. So far, it looks like the bullpen is going to be the biggest question mark.
Not real worried about the bullpen...yet. They were great for four innings last night. But it has to be our biggest concern right now. And the 1-run games are huge. They killed us last year, and are on the way to doing it again. Chipper even made a comment after Opening Day about how we have to start learning how to pull those types of games out or it will be a disappointing season. They're the difference in a division title and sitting home in October.

#59 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:23 AM

Good to see Jurrgens have a decent outing yesterday. It's going to take me awhile to get over the Tigers giving him up.
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#60 Jackets1407

Jackets1407

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:41 AM

4 games into the season and I am already extremely frustrated!!! 0-3 in 1-run games...we have to learn to win these games if we have any chance. We need to take 2 out of 3 from the Mets this weekend. Don't want to get down in the division this early.Also, we have used at least 7 pitchers in 3 out of our 4 games already and 8 in 2 of the 4. Our bullpen threw the 2nd most innings in the league last year and wore down at the end of the year. We cannot have that happen again. Our starters HAVE to start going deeper in games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users