250 replies to this topic

#21 KDawgCometh

KDawgCometh

old skool

• Members
  • 15,174 posts
  • Interests:poker(duh), soccer, football, rugby, music, and film

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:02 AM

well, my roll right now is almost at 3K. I ended up making like 650 this month, but what's more frustrating is that I was up around 1300 before I went to NJ to visit some friends. I come back, and I go on a major downswing. Bubbled countless times and got sucked out on a lot, not to mention that the 60s on FT completely kicked my ass. if it weren't for them and I stayed at the 36s and 24s, I'd be up another 900. Doesn't matter though, once I make another 200 I'm heading back to SHLHE. so my goals for april are:play 100-150 sngs mainly between the 24-36 turbos on stars and FT hopefully run at $3 a tournyplay 12-18K hands all at 2/4 unless I get on a heater and get my roll to 6K and run hopefully between 1.5-2 BB/100 since i haven't played SHLHE since mid sept
Wine Notes for those that care about such pretentious things

#22 ChrisRichey

ChrisRichey

Untitled

• Members
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:51 AM

March goals:- FT four 180s I didn't play as many 180's as I should have, and only FT'd two.- FT two ds sngs I ended up FT'ing four, even though I didn't play as many of these as I should have.- Be up around 150-200 bbs at .50/1 TD, with the occasional shot at 1/2 if the game is good. Cash games are really what hurt me this month, and I ended up down about 100 bbs at TD and about 50 at shlhe, both .5/1.- Finish the month around 1.2k This didn't happen, I actually went back to about $500ish. :club: I didn't really get to play as much as I wanted to this month due to moving and other family issues, so hopefully I will be able to play a lot more this month and make some decent money.April Goals:- FT four 180s.- FT four ds sngs on FT.- I just started playing full ring nl cash games again, so I would like to be somewhere around 4-5 bbs/100 and play at least 15k hands.- End the month around 1.2k, for real this time!!!!Good luck everybody!

#23 Actuary

Actuary

• Members
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:09 AM

abba,what are you showing as income? W2's?Or is it a documentless loan, due to your downpayment?****************Antistuff,I find getting into healthieraddictions, like poker if you don't tilt easily, can keep your mind occupied and relieve some anxiety. Personally, my anxiety is exacorbated (sp?) by doing nothing. All I do is sit and worry. Also, when society was less accepting of those Mental Illnesses like BiPolar and Anxiety and Depression... I never thougt I had any of that. I was "moody", or "rambunktous". Sometimes I think calling myself "depressed" made it worse, like I was not in control anymore. Now, you might have a much more severe case.

#24 bobbywithani

bobbywithani

Funky Buttloving

• Members
  • 1,651 posts
  • Interests:punk rock

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:54 AM

March I ran insanley hot, so April goals.1. Get my BR up to 25002. Start Playing some more stud h/l.3. Learn to play tourneys.4. Be able to cash out 1000 to take to Vegas in June, and still have a decent roll on-line.
At midnight I'm back in my room, it serves as a drunkards tomb.

#25 jjdylan

jjdylan

murray.....present.

• Members
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:25 PM

March Results:Play at least 15k hands. - Check, actually hit 18k and i took the last week of the month off.Reach 'Silver' in FTP's Iron Man Challenge once again. - Check. Play/Run well enough to stay at $50nl and not have to drop back down again this month. - Ran really good most of the month at 50nl made a little over $800 for the month (not including rakeback)April Goals:.Play at least 17k hands. - The more i play the more i win, right? lolReach 'Gold' in the FTP iron man challengeBuild the Bankroll over 2.5k - Should be pretty easy as long as i dont forget how to win.Take shots, and eventually move up and become profitable at 100nl. - Hopefully i can get there this month, i may not even take many shots till the month is half over though, we'll see.
- Jay

Where i complain about poker: http://jjdylan.blogspot.com/ (actually updated!)

#26 iloveplaypokr

iloveplaypokr

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:nlhe cash/mtt's

Posted 01 April 2007 - 02:07 PM

April Goal - Make $10,000

#27 Abbaddabba

Abbaddabba

breaking even like it's 1999

• Members
  • 5,225 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 04:45 PM

actuary - parents are cosigning. no need to prove income.

#28 Money022

Money022

Glutton For Punishment

• Members
  • 1,460 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Hold'em

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:21 PM

Oh my goals are meagar for April. I'd like to hit $1k in my Stars bankroll so I need 7 more buy-ins at $25 NL. Should be doable. I had a very slow month in March and made 5.5 buy-ins for a $137 profit. This micro limit stuff can be slow going.
$$$ Blog

My poker is better than your poker.

#29 homnig

homnig

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt's

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:47 PM

View PostMoney022, on Sunday, April 1st, 2007, 10:21 PM, said:

Oh my goals are meagar for April. I'd like to hit $1k in my Stars bankroll so I need 7 more buy-ins at $25 NL. Should be doable. I had a very slow month in March and made 5.5 buy-ins for a $137 profit. This micro limit stuff can be slow going.
Poker in general is slow going.
"poker is gay

/rant

for real this time."

-Zach

#30 Actuary

Actuary

• Members
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:58 PM

View PostAbbaddabba, on Sunday, April 1st, 2007, 4:45 PM, said:

actuary - parents are cosigning. no need to prove income.
'bout time you got out on your own!:club:

#31 Snamuh

Snamuh

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,094 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:04 PM

March Goals-Play 12k hands of 50 and 100 NL HE.Took the second half of the month off and only got in 5k hands.-Take shots and learn to consistently beat 100 NL HENever made it.-Build BR to $2000 playing 50 and 100 NL HENegative.-Find and repair huge leaks in my game Found a few leaks that I feel have considerably helped my game - check.April Goals-Get back to playing poker regularly (spring break and some discouragement ended March early). Play 10k hands.-Avoid paying off with weak hands.-Build BR to $2000 playing 50 NLHE.
Snamuh raises to $76.75, and is all in
BigKamp: yyou lose
BigKamp has 15 seconds left to act
BigKamp calls $24.50, and is all in
Seat 1: BigKamp (small blind) mucked [Ad Ac] - a full house, Aces full of Kings
Seat 2: Snamuh (big blind) showed [Kd Kh] and won ($102.50) with four of a kind, Kings
Snamuh: you lose

#32 meservery

meservery

I've climbed the stairway to maturity!

• Members
  • 1,539 posts
  • Interests:Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Cho Chang, etc.
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:29 AM

Primarily play $50 NLHE and $50 PL Omaha 6 Max. Play some lower buy-in tournies/sit-n-gos, but stay away from Turbos and Rebuy Tourneys.Hope to profit $300 in limited playing time.

#33 No_Neck

No_Neck

this is how i roll

• Members
  • 11,522 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:04 AM

Results:I didn't play for the first two weeks of the month, because I played a ton of hands of February.I ended up making about $600 dollars last month, with the fulltilt bonus, not to bad since I didn't play that many hands and I had a 6 buyin downswing in the middle of it.Goals:Play 20k hands at 5ptbb/100 full ring No Limit = $1k plus $600 dollar bonus = decent bankroll to start taking shots at the $100nl.

#34 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,127 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:43 PM

Alright.Finally got my rakeback numbers for March.Final tally for total profit (tables, RB, bonus, ARP value): $114.67.Weak.lol
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#35 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:43 PM

I'ver never set goalsBut I am really enjoying playing $1/$2 HORSE on fulltilt ( transfered from Doyle's room )I started with $200 and am now up to $500 after about 25 hoursWhen I get to $800 I will jump up to $2/$4 (don't care about proper BR managment)See how I do.I know, thought you had money etc. I Only had $200 on FCP when the netteller thing happened and I do not want to make an effort to redeposit. I fixed my leak of playing $5,$10,$20 SnGs. The leak was not caring about the money and playing stupid, bubbling out constantly and chipping away at my stack. Also getting tired of hold em.So my goal is to become decent at stud8, better at O8, and continue to dominate in HE, razz and stud. graduate to $5/$10 or higher by the end of month. All while keeping 7 plates spinning on the ends of broom handles
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#36 element2122

element2122

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 04:20 PM

March Goals-10,000 hands-Make $1500 (rakeback and bonuses included)Current roll is at about $4600, would like to get it up over 6k by april playing 1/2NLResults:Got in around 11k hands, went on the worse downswing of my poker career to date, got down 1100 to start march out and pretty much wanted to shoot myself. I kept pluggin away at it and somehow made it all back and ended up having my best month (financially) ever and finished plus about 2k. To be honest with myself, even though the cards were p*ssing in my face, my play was pretty god awful during my downswing. Anyways, April Goals:Make $1700 including bonus + RB. I don't really care how many hands I get in, as many as possible I suppose. Would be very happy if I can clear 8k bankroll wise.

#37 Abbaddabba

Abbaddabba

breaking even like it's 1999

• Members
  • 5,225 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:01 PM

hkjf

#38 TheCinciKid

TheCinciKid

Micro Limit Superstar

• Members
  • 3,452 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Baseball, Poker, The Bengals, Poker, Golf, Poker, Movies, Poker, Fantasy Sports, and a little Politics and Current Events.
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:47 PM

I've moved my FullTilt roll from about $150 to over $200 in the last week or so. I guess it'd be cool if I could end April with like $300 to my name. After two years of poker I've pretty much come full circle it seems. I started with like $100 two years ago. I barely have more than that now, two years later. I guess the good news is that somewhere in there I managed to cashout somewhere in the neighborhood of $4k. Still it feels pretty weak.
"If you're too careful, your whole life can become a ****in' grind." - Mike McDermott, Rounders

my (resurrected) poker blog:
http://cincikid.blogspot.com

#39 simo_8ball

simo_8ball

Multipass

• Members
  • 9,277 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO/NLHE

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:11 AM

March goals:I have a challenge (only for $200, but still provides motivation) set by my flatmate: 10k hands of $100NL, with a winrate of >3.5BB/100. I'm expecting to breeze it. Means I actually have to play though.Hands played in March: 0Gosh Darn it.April Goals:Play more poker than I did in March.Woah, I've already accomplished my goals for April and I'm only 2 days in. Cool.

#40 pokerfan1080

pokerfan1080

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 03:24 AM

So, my goals for the rest of March:1. Keep my temper in control after a bad beat and remind myself that the donk that called with no better than a 4 outer made the wrong decision and I played it correct. This is a hobbie, no temper allowed! Check2. Concentrate on NL. Mostly $25nl with some $50nl and $100nl thrown in for interest. $100nl is way outside my BR, but it's also been the most successful level I've taken shots at. Not sure why, it may have to do with the fact that I make really good decisions on each play due to the fact that I know I have to play well because it's well outside my BR. I've made some rather questionable plays in $100nl, but for the most part I haven't. I enjoy playing $100nl and this is just a hobbie for me so if I was to go broke no big deal, but it is my hopes to continue playing without having to deposit any funds. Therefore my shots at higher levels will be limited. Check3. Play some SnG's and Tourneys. I won't put a limit on how many I play. Check4. If I was to put a dollar amount on where I'd like to be by end of Mar........ $800 - $1000. That's high, but I know I can do it if I play enough and make the right decisions. Finished March with a BR of $710. Not where I was hoping to be, but it was a decent recovery after a bad start to the month.5. Just play well and have fun. CheckApril Goals:I'd like to play a few more SnG's than I did in March, and some more MTT's. I managed to win a 2 table, $10 SnG last night, so things are already looking better for April.So, after the decent start to April, my BR is at about $790. I'm shooting high again, I'd like to make $250-$300 for April (well, that's high for me, lol). It would be nice to get my BR back to the $1000-$1100 high I experienced a few months ago.Most of all, just remember to have fun and not let the bad beats piss me off. Early to mid March saw my temper get to knew extremes in relation to poker. That's just not going to cut it, this is supposed to be a hobbie for me.Good luck folks.
Big fish eat little fish...

I'm hungry!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users