• Please log in to reply
17960 replies to this topic

#13441 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 40,880 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

Phoenix hockey fans are the smartest in the league..Dont give a shit about the regular season and just go nuts in the playoffs.For a non observer you would think Phoenix was the centre of hockey watching that game last night. The question that has been asked, if Phoenix wins the Cup, does Gary Bettman present the Cup to himself?
I am a huge Leafs fan, I am not going to apologize for my love of the greatest team on earth.
GO LEAFS GO

#13442 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,912 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

View Postserge, on Monday, April 30th, 2012, 4:11 PM, said:

The question that has been asked, if Phoenix wins the Cup, does Gary Bettman present the Cup to himself?
No, to Shane Doan. :club:

#13443 Ottawa_Biatch

Ottawa_Biatch

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

View Postserge, on Monday, April 30th, 2012, 4:11 PM, said:

Dont give a shit about the regular season and just go nuts in the playoffs.
This pretty much sums up about 95% of the Sen fans in Ottawa. Biggest posers ever.
--------------------------------------

Follow me on twitter

http://twitter.com/Ottawa_Biatch

#13444 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 32,657 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

View PostOttawa_Biatch, on Monday, April 30th, 2012, 3:29 PM, said:

This pretty much sums up about 95% of the Sen fans in Ottawa. Biggest posers ever.
The regular season is all some fans have.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#13445 Ottawa_Biatch

Ottawa_Biatch

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Monday, April 30th, 2012, 4:57 PM, said:

The regular season is all some fans have.
$#%&@#$&#$&!@$&@!$&!@$&!@&
--------------------------------------

Follow me on twitter

http://twitter.com/Ottawa_Biatch

#13446 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,661 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:36 AM

Elliotte Friedman‏@FriedgeHNICWow -- Predators announce Radulov and A. Kostitsyn will not play for violation of team rules.so underage girls or falling down drunk on vodka ?
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#13447 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 32,657 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Tuesday, May 1st, 2012, 11:36 AM, said:

Elliotte Friedman‏@FriedgeHNICWow -- Predators announce Radulov and A. Kostitsyn will not play for violation of team rules.so underage girls or falling down drunk on vodka ?
Homosexual reverse cowboy bull-riding
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#13448 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,661 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

Elliotte Friedman‏@FriedgeHNICApparently, Radulov/A.Kostitsyn suspension is a curfew violationso they were bad boys and out late, how stupid to keep them out of a game for that
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#13449 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 13,064 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:13 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Tuesday, May 1st, 2012, 12:45 PM, said:

Elliotte Friedman‏@FriedgeHNICApparently, Radulov/A.Kostitsyn suspension is a curfew violationso they were bad boys and out late, how stupid to keep them out of a game for that
my guess this also has something to do with their recent play, and their rather selfish approach to the last couple of games.shocking would be if Rinne was suspended. With these guys....reads like an excuse to sit a guy you were dying to do so anyway.wasnt Radulov the guy who swung a stick at his coach? I wonder he was even sat a shift for that in the KHL. Ill be suprised if he's in Nashville next year, and he probably will even end up in KHL again.

#13450 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,214 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Tuesday, May 1st, 2012, 1:45 PM, said:

Rules are rules. It's a playoff game, and they were out past curfew. Does that really suggest they're motivated to play? Good for the team for having morals.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#13451 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 32,657 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on Tuesday, May 1st, 2012, 1:22 PM, said:

Rules are rules. It's a playoff game, and they were out past curfew. Does that really suggest they're motivated to play? Good for the team for having morals.
There are other methods and times to teach lessons. Any punishment should try to minimize the impact on the innocent. They wouldn't be benched if they weren't sucking!Oh hi, Chris Stewart.

#13452 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Tuesday, May 1st, 2012, 11:25 AM, said:

They wouldn't be benched if they weren't sucking!
Pat Riley said during their championship run in 2006 that Dwyane Wade could punch him in the face and he'd still start him.

#13453 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 32,657 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

View PostDJ Vu, on Tuesday, May 1st, 2012, 1:27 PM, said:

Pat Riley said during their championship run in 2006 that Dwyane Wade could punch him in the face and he'd still start him.
LOL

#13454 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,912 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

Yeah, I'm Team Nashville on this one, they're doing the right thing and I'd bet the farm on the Predators winning tomorrow night anyway.

#13455 troyomac

troyomac

• Members
  • 11,235 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

Not sure if this has been posted before, but my buddy showed me earlier and I couldn't stop laughing. (hockey story with player names)

#13456 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,214 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Tuesday, May 1st, 2012, 3:25 PM, said:

There are other methods and times to teach lessons. Any punishment should try to minimize the impact on the innocent. They wouldn't be benched if they weren't sucking!Oh hi, Chris Stewart.
I agree the timing isn't ideal, and I might agree with the second part as well. I think they would be benched, sucking or not, but the fact that they would break curfew WHILE putting in questionable efforts on the ice made it a prettay easy decision.

#13457 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 40,880 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:08 AM

Its not very often a major trade helps both teams immensely..But it looks like the Flyers / Kings trade has been a good one for both teams.While the Kings struggled near the end of the year, they have found their game and are a legitimate cup contender at this point.The Flyers also have improved their team with the overhaul of Carter and Richards. Also the Flyers may be suffering a bit of a letdown after the pretty intense Penguin series..Lets not forget that the Flyers are missing one of the best defenseman of all time from their lineup.Dont count them out yet...Flyers and Kings in the finals.
I am a huge Leafs fan, I am not going to apologize for my love of the greatest team on earth.
GO LEAFS GO

#13458 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,214 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

I don't know what's, better - that DGB wrote something at Grantland, or the content:Worst rule in hockey.I have no doubt the game would instantly be better if they implemented exactly what he suggests.The second best thing might be that the resident hockey writer, Katie Baker, decided it was apparently too easy to be a female hockey writer, so her article this week (and maybe other weeks, I don't know, she has a scoring system and everything) is rating the wedding announcements in the New York Times.

#13459 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

Patrick Kane: Uberdouche? (+ photoshops)
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#13460 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 32,657 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:06 AM

Kane struck me as an uberdouche before this regardless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users