digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,756 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:56 PM

View Postserge, on Monday, May 28th, 2007, 8:48 PM, said:

What a joke...Mccabe is so much better than Markov...Mccabe looks like a bargain now...
I agree, McCabe should be a candidate for the Norris in 2007-08.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#42 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 48,783 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:58 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Monday, May 28th, 2007, 5:56 PM, said:

I agree, McCabe should be a candidate for the Norris in 2007-08.
He is better than Markov in every category..and defensively they are equal at worst...
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#43 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,756 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:02 PM

View Postserge, on Monday, May 28th, 2007, 8:58 PM, said:

He is better than Markov in every category..and defensively they are equal at worst...
You are right, you are always right.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#44 Belanger25

Belanger25

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:09 PM

This signing worried the hell out of me wondering what Lubomir Visnovsky may ask for come July 1st. Thankfully we still have him for a year.
Jack Johnson cannot play defense.

#45 SilverSeven

SilverSeven

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 530 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live Multi Table Tournament No Limit Hold'Em

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:42 PM

Markov is a stud. For real imo.And he skates circles around McCabe...all day.
QUOTE(serge @ Monday, February 11th, 2008, 3:49 PM) View Post
If the Ottawa Senators win the Cup:

- I will donate $200 to the Daniel Alfredsson clown academy
- I will not watch hockey for a a period of 12 months
- I will wear a Senators jersey and say I am a Senators fan while walking up and down Yonge Street
- I will praise the city of Ottawa and their fine hockey team for a period of 1 year
- I will acknowledge that hell has finally frozen over
- I will cancel LeafsTV and NHL Centre Ice Package
- I will also give my fantasy team for a total of one year to an associate

#46 rinswun

rinswun

Glencross FTW!!

• Members
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:28 AM

View Postserge, on Monday, May 28th, 2007, 4:58 PM, said:

lol from an unbiased stand point, and i've had them both in the fchl so i like both guys, Markov is clearly a better defenseman than McCabe. McCabe isnt even the best blue liner on the Leafs.Now Kaberle and Markov is a better comparison in terms of ability
QUOTE (Untilted @ Monday, February 15th, 2010, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know Ollie is perhaps the most likable guy in the history of the world but the man love for him is bordering on the ridiculous. :)

Weight loss bet:

Start weight (10/01/2011) - 199.0lbs
Current weight (31/01/2011) - 194.2lbs

#47 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 48,783 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:14 AM

View Postrinswun, on Tuesday, May 29th, 2007, 4:28 AM, said:

lol from an unbiased stand point, and i've had them both in the fchl so i like both guys, Markov is clearly a better defenseman than McCabe. McCabe isnt even the best blue liner on the Leafs.Now Kaberle and Markov is a better comparison in terms of ability
So just because Kaberle is a better defenceman , makes Markov better than Mccabe???You might argue that Markov is better defensively, however Mccabe is far the superior offensive defenceman...MCCABE's numbers this year2006-07 TOR 82 15 42 57 3 115 11 23 Markov's numbers 2006-07 MON 77 6 43 49 2 56 5 27 9 more goals 8 more points...Didnt miss a game....Better plus /minus even though Mccabe had more PP points..Meaning Markov was on the ice for more Goals against...This signing by Montreal shows that the Mccabe signing was at worst a good signing last year..
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#48 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,756 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:43 AM

View Postserge, on Tuesday, May 29th, 2007, 8:14 AM, said:

So just because Kaberle is a better defenceman , makes Markov better than Mccabe???You might argue that Markov is better defensively, however Mccabe is far the superior offensive defenceman...MCCABE's numbers this year2006-07 TOR 82 15 42 57 3 115 11 23 Markov's numbers 2006-07 MON 77 6 43 49 2 56 5 27 9 more goals 8 more points...Didnt miss a game....Better plus /minus even though Mccabe had more PP points..Meaning Markov was on the ice for more Goals against...This signing by Montreal shows that the Mccabe signing was at worst a good signing last year..
You are right...McCabe is worth at least $7 million a season.

#49 coesillian

coesillian

Check your ego at the door, it's the Gold we want.

• Members
  • 3,829 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:35 AM

[quote name='serge' post='1918486' date='Tuesday, May 29th, 2007, 8:14 AM']You might argue that Markov is better defensively, however Mccabe is far the superior offensive defenceman...Better plus /minus even though Mccabe had more PP points..Meaning Markov was on the ice for more Goals against...[/quote]OR... McCabe was on the ice for more goals for. your logic is faulty.[/quote]This signing by Montreal shows that the Mccabe signing was at worst a good signing last year..[/quote]congratulations.I'm really happy we signed Markov he's worth what he got and could of got more as a free agent. He's our go to guy on D and we had to keep this guy around, he's worth so much to us on the ice. Sourray is the big question now. I don't think he's worth more than Markov but he might get more. I want to sign him though just because we didn't trade him last year. Sign him then trade him, that would be sweet.
GM of the Crazy Dicers

#50 rinswun

rinswun

Glencross FTW!!

• Members
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:19 PM

View Postserge, on Tuesday, May 29th, 2007, 4:14 AM, said:

no serge, i was saying that you are better judging markov against kaberle as he is clearly better than mccabe. in terms of overall ability as a defenseman markov should be compared with kaberle and mccabe with souray.you are looking it from a stats only point of view, understandable given you are a fantasy freak like many of us but there is more to the game than stats and markov is the better rounded player.plus you say he stats are vastly superior yet he had 9 more points in 5 more games. that isnt vastly superior in my book but that is a matter of opinions
I know Ollie is perhaps the most likable guy in the history of the world but the man love for him is bordering on the ridiculous. :)

Weight loss bet:

#51 nell789

nell789

2006 FCHL Regular Season Champion

• Members
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:47 PM

I like the new strategy DM.

#52 Jason12

Jason12

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:21 AM

I'm glad that the Leafs got Kaberle signed before the Markov contract. If Markov signed this contract before Kaberle did last year there is no way that the Leafs could have gave Kaberle anything less. I can't really argue about Markov's defensive play since I havent seen too many of his games but offensively he doesnt seem that good. He only scored 6 goals last year and the 43 assists he got had alot to do with Souray scoring 26.If Gainey was smart he would let Souray go and not make the same mistake the Leafs made last year. Those 26 goals look really good when it comes time to negotiate a contract and they go a long way to hide his play defensively. Im not his agent but I assume they would use the McCabe contract to argue what goal scoring defencemen should be paid.

#53 rinswun

rinswun

Glencross FTW!!

• Members
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 09:17 AM

maybe the reason he only had 6 goals is because he was with souray, a smart player plays to his teams strengths. if the habs were Souray less i think you'd see that goal number rise to around 15 i think. If you have a guy with a shot like Souray's on the point you look to try and get him the puck. His 43 assists is a sign of an intelligent, team player in my opinion.

Weight loss bet:

#54 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,756 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:09 AM

View PostJason12, on Saturday, June 2nd, 2007, 10:21 AM, said:

I'm glad that the Leafs got Kaberle signed before the Markov contract. If Markov signed this contract before Kaberle did last year there is no way that the Leafs could have gave Kaberle anything less. I can't really argue about Markov's defensive play since I havent seen too many of his games but offensively he doesnt seem that good. He only scored 6 goals last year and the 43 assists he got had alot to do with Souray scoring 26.If Gainey was smart he would let Souray go and not make the same mistake the Leafs made last year. Those 26 goals look really good when it comes time to negotiate a contract and they go a long way to hide his play defensively. Im not his agent but I assume they would use the McCabe contract to argue what goal scoring defencemen should be paid.
LOL @ bolded. Perhaps Souray's 26 goals had a lot to do with Markov's passing.Markov assisted on 10 of Souray's 26 goals. 8 of those were primary assists. Markov would have received better offers had he become an unrestricted free agent. There is simply more demand than supply of d-man of Markov's quality. This is why I think Souray will sign elsewhere. There is bound to be a team that will overpay for his services more than the Habs are willing to overpay.

#55 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,756 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:12 AM

The word on the street is that the Canadiens have offered Souray somewhere around $4.5 per year over 3 years. I'm certain someone will pay more than that for his services so I'm thinking he is as good as gone.

#56 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:40 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Monday, June 4th, 2007, 2:12 PM, said:

The word on the street is that the Canadiens have offered Souray somewhere around $4.5 per year over 3 years. I'm certain someone will pay more than that for his services so I'm thinking he is as good as gone.
Even in this day and age of salary caps (which btw is rumoured to be $48mill next year -- somehow...) someone would be willing to go that high?
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#57 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,756 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:43 AM

View PostFenxis, on Monday, June 4th, 2007, 2:40 PM, said:

Even in this day and age of salary caps (which btw is rumoured to be $48mill next year -- somehow...).
I can see a team like the Oilets (yes, the Oilers) going after a guy like Souray and offering him 10 or 11 million over 2 years. I can also see a team like the Kings going after him.

#58 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:46 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Monday, June 4th, 2007, 2:43 PM, said:

I can see a team like the Oilets (yes, the Oilers) going after a guy like Souray and offering him 10 or 11 million over 2 years. I can also see a team like the Kings going after him.
Heh, ya.. I can see them needing a d-man (esp with that 5-forward PP setup they had going).
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#59 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,756 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:50 AM

View PostFenxis, on Monday, June 4th, 2007, 2:46 PM, said:

Heh, ya.. I can see them needing a d-man (esp with that 5-forward PP setup they had going).
And with young (read: inexpensive) guys like Schremp, Cogliano and/or Gilbert possibly cracking the lineup the Oilers will probably be looking to add a couple of free agents to the mix. I'm thinking they'll make a play for Souray and possibly a player like Hartnell. Word is that Hartnell is looking for $3 million per though. Lowe may feel that's a little too much, but he's got to be looking to make some kind of positive move (in the eyes of casual fans) after losing Smyth.

#60 Jason12

Jason12

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:18 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Monday, June 4th, 2007, 10:12 AM, said:

Who is gonna take Sourays place if/when he leaves?I realize I often see the Habs situation's unclearly because of my Leafs bias but, the Habs defence of Markov, Komisarek, Bouillon, Streit, Dandenault, and Gorges seems pretty weak. It seems to me the Habs have Markov and then 5 depth defencemen. They'll probably need to go after a free agent defencemen but as you mentioned the lack of top end free agent defencemen leads me to believe they are gonna have to overpay for a defencemen to play with Markov.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users