Jump to content


Poker Tools


  • Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 kepper

kepper

    Poker Forum Nut

  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:03 AM

Hi, does anyone know if there are any standalone huds available? For example a hud that works without having HEM or PT3. I don't want to install HEM on a computer that I will only be using while my main computer gets fixed (or I buy a new one). But I still want to play poker with the basic stats on my opponents who are at my table.Any help would be appreciated obv.
In poker, nobody ever really wins, because it's never really over

#82 Merby

Merby

    Poker Forum Happy-Face

  • Members
  • 4,436 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada
  • Interests:Ummm... Poker (no surprise there...)<br /><br />Hiking, Climbing, Skiing, Kayaking, Curling, ...
  • Favorite Poker Game:Short-handed PLO, NLHE MTTs

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

 kepper, on Thursday, May 21st, 2009, 11:03 AM, said:

Hi, does anyone know if there are any standalone huds available? For example a hud that works without having HEM or PT3. I don't want to install HEM on a computer that I will only be using while my main computer gets fixed (or I buy a new one). But I still want to play poker with the basic stats on my opponents who are at my table.Any help would be appreciated obv.
The HUD needs to work off a database to generate the information, so you won't find one that is stand-alone.
QUOTE (Fluffdog87 @ Tuesday, January 27th, 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dramatic hand gestures on all-ins ftw!


A day in the life of Checkymcfold:
QUOTE (checkymcfold @ Friday, January 9th, 2009, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My cats are freaked out, I have a headache, and I'm probably going to put on pants for the first time in three days and find somewhere to go that's not here.


QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Tuesday, July 22nd, 2008, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[x] Signature-worthy.

#83 outsider13

outsider13

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,132 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:51 PM

 Merby, on Friday, September 25th, 2009, 6:43 PM, said:

The HUD needs to work off a database to generate the information, so you won't find one that is stand-alone.
You could have at least replied on time :)But actually this is not true. Realtime HUD was a stand alone HUD that would just take the info from the hand histories. It wasn't the greatest, but it worked and it was free. It had issues when you were table switched. Biggest problem is, it quit working about 2 months ago with one of the stars updates. It still may actually work with FTP, but not sure.

#84 mypoker

mypoker

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:43 AM

This came in really handy :club:

#85 L_Dixon

L_Dixon

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:46 AM

I'm thinking about giving on of the poker tracking softwares a chance, like PokerOffice or PokerTracker that I can see you're mentioning a few times here. They all seem to need quite lot of training and get used to though, there are thousands of functions to setup and get used to. So, for me who's new to this which software is easiest and best to start with? Important that it's easy to install and simple to get started...

#86 L_Dixon

L_Dixon

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:27 AM

Ok no help here so I went to talk to them directly, both of them obviously claiming to be the best :-)I ended up installing PokerOffice as it felt easier to get started with them. They were like "just install the software and start up your poker table"...It wasn't that simple but I got started without any big problems and I must say after importing some hands these softwares are amazing!

#87 kes1981

kes1981

    Poker Forum Regular

  • Members
  • 194 posts
  • Location:San Francisco
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:50 PM

 L_Dixon, on Friday, July 2nd, 2010, 2:27 AM, said:

Ok no help here so I went to talk to them directly, both of them obviously claiming to be the best :-)I ended up installing PokerOffice as it felt easier to get started with them. They were like "just install the software and start up your poker table"...It wasn't that simple but I got started without any big problems and I must say after importing some hands these softwares are amazing!
You ended up going with the worst software out there. It is literally light years behind HoldemManager or PokerTracker 3. Think Nintendo 64 vs XBox 360
Life is a series of holding on and letting go

#88 JLocke

JLocke

    Poker Forum Regular

  • Members
  • 110 posts
  • Location:Märsta
  • Interests:Poker, computers, sports

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:41 AM

While that might have been true in the past, I really don't agree any longer. The last updates have really brought PokerOffice up to the top again, i.e. moveable stats, faster, omaha support, etc. Might be because I've used PokerOffice for so long but I just think it's a lot easier to use and the presentation of everything is better.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users