50 replies to this topic

#21 PokerTony

PokerTony

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:10 AM

emineric said:

brother, all i play is limit holdem, about 4-5 hours a day 6 days a week. i stand by my comment that it was one of the weakest "books" i've read concerning limit holdem. there was nothing new or revolutionary in her section, not even close. it added nothing to my game. i could see if the only thing you've read on limit is hellmuth then it might open your eyes a tiny tiny bit. it was too short, lacking any detail whatsoever. what she could have offered that might have been worth the price of the book in itself, is how she climbed the ranks, what strategies she added(dropped), some insights into the different venues and opponents she has played. all you end up getting is an ABC approach of how to play a tight/aggressive game of limit holdem, no more, no less.* out of *****
I have to agree. Although I like and respect Jennifer as a poker player. I think she's a very solid player all around. But her chapter in SS2 was pretty standard at best. For that matter, the entire book was somewhat of a letdown for me. I was soooo looking forward to learning some of Daniel's secrets only to find out it was all on Triple Draw (WTF????). Really, the only chapter I got anything out of was the one on Omaha.

#22 sam_abc777

sam_abc777

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 04:01 PM

speaking of books, does Daniel have any plans to write a book of his own? It would probably b a huge seller.

#23 AceOfSpaiDs

AceOfSpaiDs

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • Interests:Sports [hockey & golf mainly], POKER, Girls [my gf], video games

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:32 PM

Jennifer is awesome...played with her on Full Tilt (limit holdem of course) she is nice as hell and her section in SS2 on Limit Holdem was the sh!t....she's kinda cute too :club: Peace

#24 ByberryChip

ByberryChip

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Urban Exploration

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:14 AM

She is gorgeous :shock: but married awwww

#25 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 8,285 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 08:05 PM

Last updated on Oct. 28th, 2005.

#26 NortonFan

NortonFan

Dayman, fighter of the Nightman!

• Members
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 12:28 AM

I wonder what he uses to rate the "heart" catagory.
[

• Guests

Posted 30 October 2005 - 02:39 PM

I met Jenn last spring and had a chance to watch her play the big game this fall. She is the nicest person you are bound to meet with the heart of a lion.

#28 Newbs

Newbs

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 12:51 AM

XA_kid said:

I met Jenn last spring and had a chance to watch her play the big game this fall.  She is the nicest person you are bound to meet with the heart of a lion.
Agreed. I met her as well in the Spring, and wrote a post here about it I believe. Super friendly, even after a tough loss. I was duely impressed.

#29 CardWarfare

CardWarfare

Viva La Clarkson

• Members
  • 13,013 posts
  • Interests:Boobs, Butts, Beer.
  • Favorite Poker Game:Pooping

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:25 AM

I have to say, of all the positive things said about Jennifer, the best I've heard is when Phil Ivey said, "I don't like it when I hear people say that she's one of the best women players in the world, because she's one of the best players in the world. Period."

#30 LAS22

LAS22

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:11 AM

The comment by Phil said it all for me (not a great woman poker play, but one of the best poker players). She is this beautiful woman with the heart and the killer instinct of a lion. She will win a big tourney soon!

#31 carydarling

carydarling

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:28 PM

Jennifer is teh hawt!For the interweb impaired, she is cute as a bug.One of my pleasures of playing at Bellagio was seeing her walking by.I enjoy watching her play, live and on t.v., she is the kind of player I aspire to be.
I'd rather be lucky than good - Yeah, all the idiots say that.
MuckYou.Com

#32 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 09 January 2006 - 12:37 PM

She's the kind of player I aspire to "be with".TEH HAWT!

#33 nopantsdance

nopantsdance

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 04:40 PM

View Postemineric, on Friday, June 3rd, 2005, 11:54 PM, said:

brother, all i play is limit holdem, about 4-5 hours a day 6 days a week. i stand by my comment that it was one of the weakest "books" i've read concerning limit holdem. there was nothing new or revolutionary in her section, not even close. it added nothing to my game. i could see if the only thing you've read on limit is hellmuth then it might open your eyes a tiny tiny bit. it was too short, lacking any detail whatsoever. what she could have offered that might have been worth the price of the book in itself, is how she climbed the ranks, what strategies she added(dropped), some insights into the different venues and opponents she has played. all you end up getting is an ABC approach of how to play a tight/aggressive game of limit holdem, no more, no less.* out of *****
I agree with this 100%. I read the section and she talks like this is the best strategy when you're playing the highest stakes limit games in the world, when these are the DAMN NEAR EXACT strategies that ed miller talks about in his small stakes book. She didn't say anything in that book that anyone who knows anything about lhe didn't know.

#34 canadapoker5

canadapoker5

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold`em

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:36 AM

View Postunc0n7a1nabl3, on Monday, April 11th, 2005, 5:45 PM, said:

Jennifer is an awesome player - its good to see her healthy again and playing her heart out... just an all around great player....for her, i have very much respect.Jennifer and Annie are my exceptions to my signature :club:
Glad she is healthy again and doing well

#35 conor_mw

conor_mw

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:38 PM

jenn harman is supa poks hottie.. the only other female pro that even compars to her is clearly cathy liebert LOL HAHA jokeaments

#36 scram

scram

Vote Ron Paul in 2008

• Members
  • 1,725 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:None. I hate them all.

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:05 PM

View Postemineric, on Saturday, June 4th, 2005, 12:55 AM, said:

ps: the best section was todd brunson's.
Agree 1 billion percent. Best article ever written on that game. Addresses the textures of teh game that are so much more important than just the straight "math".Never ceases to amaze me how many people completely forsake "the platinum rule" at 7 or 8 man tables.

#37 Taffer92

Taffer92

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:omaha

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:53 PM

lol I know jen is an ok player but shes still a woman player and most woman plaers literally suck honkey for example they lack the required aggression for poker MY JEN HARMAN RATING 5.8/10

#38 HubDub04

HubDub04

Grindin'

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Men, C0ck, Drinking, School, Love to take it up the ... well you get the picture.
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold Em'

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:11 PM

You suck.
Hub Dub 04 (Stars)
BeatUontehRiver (FTP)
Hub Dub 04 (Cake)
Luck_Comes (UB)

#39 cubbybri

cubbybri

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey Football, Reading, Movies
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'Em

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:58 PM

View PostTaffer92, on Wednesday, April 11th, 2007, 10:53 PM, said:

lol I know jen is an ok player but shes still a woman player and most woman plaers literally suck honkey for example they lack the required aggression for poker MY JEN HARMAN RATING 5.8/10
You must be new to the game.

#40 jonslow412

jonslow412

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Hold 'em

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:11 AM

View PostTaffer92, on Wednesday, April 11th, 2007, 10:53 PM, said:

You've got to be joking. You are, right? If you've seen as much poker as you let on, you'd know that women players can play just aggressively as any man. Some choose not to, but then again, so do some men. I saw Harman on The Game Show Network's "High Stakes Poker" quite regularly and I have seen her play some very tight/aggressive poker. At the start of one segment (the beginning of a new "episode") Jennifer took down the first two pots with super-aggressive play, one being on a monster all-in bluff.Secondly, if you saw the Tournament of Champions the year Annie Duke won, you know the statement you made was incredibly ignorant. Annie Duke took down a field of the greatest players out there. At the final table, she played so aggressively she had even Phil Hellmuth no knowing what the hell was going on.Kathy Liebert (although I think she's annoying as hell and a little conceited), plays very aggressive at times, even to the point of being too aggressive and going broke. She massively overplayed a small flush (something like 7-high), but never-the-less was not afraid to push a lot of chips into the pot. Aside from that, she can run a mean bluff.A lot of women players can play just as well as a lot of men. The simple fact is, there's less women out there because poker has just recently (last 10-20 years) become a game in which women are accepted and in many cases, feared.But to reply to the thread topic, Jennifer Harman is a very talented hold 'em player. She's one person I wouldn't want to sit at a poker table with, simply because she'd take my money. I'm sure I'd learn something from her. Solid player, very beautiful, and respected by the entire poker community. She seems like a very good person, too. 8.5/10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users