#1 GABMAD

GABMAD

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:poker (obviously), mountain biking, baseball
  • Favorite Poker Game:HU/short-handed, NL Hold'em

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:45 PM

Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $2/$46 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with K♦ K♣ UTG calls, 2 folds, Hero raises to $16, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.Flop: 7♠ 5♣ 3♥ ($52, 3 players)SB bets $32, UTG folds, Hero calls.Turn: T♠ ($116, 2 players)SB bets $100, Hero ??No reads.

#2 Lavitz

Lavitz

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:16 PM

This is a toughie. Lots of possible sets but as played I'm prolly pushing turn. You cold called flop. Most with an overpair would raise here. Lot of possible straight draws out there and he could have a hand like 67, and fired TP with OESD on flop. He might have also called mid sized PP like 88-JJ and bet it out on safe flop. If you cold call here then river decision is gonna be a lot more difficult because theres not many safe cards here. Not many people are gonna be firing a set like this because they dont same like value bets. He seems to have a vulnerable hand and is protecting it.

#3 bdc30

bdc30

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,407 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:29 PM

How much safer of a flop do you need to raise his donk-bet?If we knew the stack sizes we could probably give you better advice.

#4 dms26

dms26

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 21,900 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:01 AM

Raise the flop, but stack sizes matter alot too.
QUOTE (CozMyn @ Sunday, March 8th, 2009, 5:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i tried to talk here about that program, the RNG , not to talk about when to accept all in without to see flop.
You can accept all in whenever you want, or whenever you feel lucky, but in virtual room's is not like in reality. In reality anything is possible... in virtual rooms you can be "the one" who knows the future, or who can change the future.

#5 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 8,285 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:10 AM

Is that his last $100? If so, you should have stuck it to him on the flop and took it down right there. Either way, whether it was a deep stack situation or not, you can't just call on the flop and fold the turn because he bet. What would he do with QQ, JJ, 99, or 88?
Posted Image

#6 GABMAD

GABMAD

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 741 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:53 AM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Friday, February 23rd, 2007, 3:10 PM, said:

Is that his last $100? If so, you should have stuck it to him on the flop and took it down right there. Either way, whether it was a deep stack situation or not, you can't just call on the flop and fold the turn because he bet. What would he do with QQ, JJ, 99, or 88?
wow...first time DN responded to my post :club: anyway, at the beginning of the hand the stacks were approximately: Hero - 320 Villain - 400Contiune discussion please.

#7 bdc30

bdc30

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,407 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:37 PM

Raise the flop for sure. ~75-100 sounds good. If he pushes, I'm still not sure if I can find a fold.If he flopped a set against your kings, or is just slowplayed aces preflop, it happens.Do something on the flop to make him define his hand.

#8 GABMAD

GABMAD

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 741 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:46 PM

View Postbdc30, on Friday, February 23rd, 2007, 8:37 PM, said:

Raise the flop for sure. ~75-100 sounds good. If he pushes, I'm still not sure if I can find a fold.If he flopped a set against your kings, or is just slowplayed aces preflop, it happens.Do something on the flop to make him define his hand.
Ya. I realize I should have raised the flop, it was a VERY bad play not to. BTW...I'm also from London, ontario, u play in any regular games?

#9 DCJ001

DCJ001

• Members
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:24 PM

View Postbdc30, on Friday, February 23rd, 2007, 3:37 PM, said:

What about this:http://www.fullconta...u...t&p=1719528

#10 GABMAD

GABMAD

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 741 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 10:15 AM

No more discussion? Come on, I want to hear more opinions, Daniel, you still look at these threads after they've made it to this section?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users