• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Wow... Here is my HU graph since I started playing. Completely opposite.7-22-08.jpg
You need to be more aggressive. If you're a good HU player, it should be pretty easy to win pots without going to showdown. I guess this graph resembles Cwik's graph though.
HU is a beast I know nothing about... Figured anyone could have anything in that satan's spawn of a game.
LOL... Went to $100nl and lost 3 buyins in 20 hands. (Literally 20 hands.)Got it back by the end of the night, but man that sucked. Straight over straight type shit, and QQ < 99 I think. Stuff like that.
[ ] Min-3betting preflop is sometimes a good idea.
Bah, i didn't notice that, must've been a misclick :club:
You need to be more aggressive. If you're a good HU player, it should be pretty easy to win pots without going to showdown. I guess this graph resembles Cwik's graph though.
LOL
Wow... Here is my HU graph since I started playing. Completely opposite.7-22-08.jpg
I don't know how anyone wins money at showdown and still is a winning player at HU. LOL.Congrats on the winning, though. I think your BB/100 is much higher than Acid's and he's trying to give you advice. :club:
LOL
LOL
That looks like a knock on Cwik, but it's not really intended to be. He actually makes money in non-SD pots, but nothing like Naismith or I do. I guess the important thing is finding a style that you're comfortable with that wins and shows consistent results. I am just under the general impression that I'm able to win more effectively and more consistently long term because the gap between my green line and my blue line means that I never have to make a hand or have anything and I'm gonna win money. If you're not making money in non-SD pots, it means that you need to manage the pots where you make hands VERY effectively and make sure you're making a ton of money there.I mean, what if you never made a strong enough hand to win at showdown? How would you win?
I don't know how anyone wins money at showdown and still is a winning player at HU. LOL.Congrats on the winning, though. I think your BB/100 is much higher than Acid's and he's trying to give you advice. :club:
My average is 8-9PTBB/100 spread over all limits over 120k hands. If we wanna get picky, I think in April I ran at like 35ptbb/100 over 6k+ hands at 1/2 or 2/4, I can't remember which. This month I'm running at 18PTBB/100 at 2/4 over 5k hands.
That looks like a knock on Cwik, but it's not really intended to be. He actually makes money in non-SD pots, but nothing like Naismith or I do. I guess the important thing is finding a style that you're comfortable with that wins and shows consistent results. I am just under the general impression that I'm able to win more effectively and more consistently long term because the gap between my green line and my blue line means that I never have to make a hand or have anything and I'm gonna win money. If you're not making money in non-SD pots, it means that you need to manage the pots where you make hands VERY effectively and make sure you're making a ton of money there.I mean, what if you never made a strong enough hand to win at showdown? How would you win?
I know it wasn't a shot at Cwik. Wink wink.I prefer the limp blue line because it means I don't have to make hands, which is something I'm good at not doing. Also, I would imagine Cwik and Kurt are much better than I am at the bolded part. However, when you're stealing so often, the only pot manipulation you really need is to continuously put more money in there like you would with no hand, right?
My average is 8-9PTBB/100 spread over all limits over 120k hands. If we wanna get picky, I think in April I ran at like 35ptbb/100 over 6k+ hands at 1/2 or 2/4, I can't remember which. This month I'm running at 18PTBB/100 at 2/4 over 5k hands.
/brag ???(unlikely)
So it's close :)That's pretty crazy though... I also know I'm not playing great yet, I'm still playing OOP a little too much, calling when I should 3-bet, but mostly because I know if I 3-bet every time, they'll start 4-betting, then it takes away the strength of my 3-bet, which isn't usually a super strong hand.Maybe limits have to do with it somewhat also though, because I'm sure people play quite a bit weaker at 50max, which is where the majority of my play has been so far. Though I am running 208bb/100 at 1/2NL over 52 hands. Sustainable imo.

Looks like the latest version of HEM offers a 15 day trial rather than based on # of hands so hopefully PEV will be released before the trial is up. Also it includes what looks like a great set of reports/articles on finding leaks.And Joe the Pro is now a "coach" at Deuces Cracked. Funny stuff.

LOL... Went to $100nl and lost 3 buyins in 20 hands. (Literally 20 hands.)Got it back by the end of the night, but man that sucked. Straight over straight type shit, and QQ < 99 I think. Stuff like that.
When my buddy was playing .25-.50, I'd give him advice and it would almost always be wrong. I literally couldn't push anyone off of any hand. Maybe it's the stakes that necessitate the bigger amount won at showdown?
I know it wasn't a shot at Cwik. Wink wink.I prefer the limp blue line because it means I don't have to make hands, which is something I'm good at not doing. Also, I would imagine Cwik and Kurt are much better than I am at the bolded part. However, when you're stealing so often, the only pot manipulation you really need is to continuously put more money in there like you would with no hand, right?
But if we played each other, then what? Or against anyone who knows that you're bluffing non stop? Call a little lighter w/ a hand, and let you steal little pots all day imo.
But if we played each other, then what? Or against anyone who knows that you're bluffing non stop? Call a little lighter w/ a hand, and let you steal little pots all day imo.
Well, I'm capable of adapting and since I'm always playing in position, it would be easy against an OOP-call monkey like yourself. :club:

Crushing souls this morning. This guy is 24/17 super aggro vs me. Check out the pf soul read to not 3bet him:Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $3/$65 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $645NoSup4U: $982Button: $600SB: $315.65BB: $1113.25Pre-flop: (5 players) NoSup4U is CO with :4h:DUTG raises to $21, NoSup4U calls, 3 folds.Flop: :club::D:5c ($51, 2 players)UTG bets $36, NoSup4U raises to $102, UTG raises to $282, NoSup4U raises all-in $961, UTG calls all-in $378.Uncalled bets: $301 returned to NoSup4U. Turn: :ts ($1371, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $1371)River: :D ($1371, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $1371)Results:Final pot: $1371UTG showed Kd KhNoSup4U showed Qh Qc------------------------------------------------------------------Green line for Acid. Ship it.greenxj1.jpgMark

Crushing souls this morning. This guy is 24/17 super aggro vs me. Check out the pf soul read to not 3bet him:Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $3/$65 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $645NoSup4U: $982Button: $600SB: $315.65BB: $1113.25Pre-flop: (5 players) NoSup4U is CO with :4h:DUTG raises to $21, NoSup4U calls, 3 folds.Flop: :club::D:5c ($51, 2 players)UTG bets $36, NoSup4U raises to $102, UTG raises to $282, NoSup4U raises all-in $961, UTG calls all-in $378.Uncalled bets: $301 returned to NoSup4U. Turn: :ts ($1371, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $1371)River: :D ($1371, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $1371)Results:Final pot: $1371UTG showed Kd KhNoSup4U showed Qh Qc------------------------------------------------------------------Green line for Acid. Ship it.greenxj1.jpgMark
Nice, but I think today is HU Poker Talk day. :3h
Well, I'm capable of adapting and since I'm always playing in position, it would be easy against an OOP-call monkey like yourself. :club:
Crazy thing is, I feel like I steal pots way more than that. I guess only small ones though.
I played cwik and I played mikeysong HU before. I make very distinct adjustments against players who know how I play and against players that I know are capable of actually thinking through a hand.My opponents that I play regularly are neither of these things. Most of them are guys I'll never see again and who probably needed help fastening the velcro on their shoes when they got dressed in the morning. Against them, I can do whatever the hell I want. Against players who know how to play, I make things less transparent and mix up my play a lot more, which basically means toning down the aggression in certain spots and turning it up in others.
Crazy thing is, I feel like I steal pots way more than that. I guess only small ones though.
Post a complete session in NL strat some time and let all us donks sift through it with a comb and some criticisms. :club:
My opponents that I play regularly are neither of these things. Most of them are guys I'll never see again and who probably needed help fastening the velcro on their shoes when they got dressed in the morning. Against them, I can do whatever the hell I want. Against players who know how to play, I make things less transparent and mix up my play a lot more, which basically means toning down the aggression in certain spots and turning it up in others.
LOL. Yeah, the goal is to play people that have trouble breathing without assistance. The fact that my opponents figured out how to sign on to their account already makes me a little weary about playing them.Also, trying to see how many posts I can get in before Simo completes whatever monstrosity he's been working on for the last bunch of minutes.
Also, trying to see how many posts I can get in before Simo completes whatever monstrosity he's been working on for the last bunch of minutes.
hahahaha I think he leveled you
Post a complete session in NL strat some time and let all us donks sift through it with a comb and some criticisms. :club:
I probably will, but then I'll have to run and hide.
Green line for Acid. Ship it.
Nice!So, while we're talking about HU:I was watching cwik play the other day and I realized that I win so many pots without showdown because I c-bet TONS of hands on the flop. I watched him play and he considered (although ultimately bet) checking back with A8 on J86 with a FD because he had "showdown value" and I thought to myself, would I ever check there? HELL NO! I wouldn't really even consider it unless my opponent had been c/ring the living crap out of me or otherwise forcing me to change what I'd been doing. I don't care about showdown value. I don't want to get to showdown against most people. I want them to have to consider that my flop bet means I have air, middle pair, top pair, a set, the nuts or a draw. I want them to make decisions so I don't have to (other than how quickly and how much to bet or raise). I think that I kind of realized that the major difference between the two of our styles is that when he makes a hand, he tries to show it down. When I make a hand, I play it like I play all of my other hands, the vast majority of which would be playing the board when we get to showdown. That's not to say that I don't check back flops against certain opponents, but it's not often with the whole mentality of "I'd like to show this down" or "I don't want to get raised here" as much as it is to keep him guessing as to what my hand ranges are.