Jump to content


New Challenge (old Challenge)


  • Please log in to reply
61537 replies to this topic

#21 navybuttons

navybuttons

    What?

  • Members
  • 5,117 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Poker Game:Diamonds

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:36 AM

View PostChuckSty, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 11:15 AM, said:

im not sure how i want to approach this i know if i start at 100nl im gonna get broke off. specially if it's 6max games. im gonna check em out right now i tihnk
i've crunched quite a few numbers and i seriously think one of the best ways to build a huge bankroll is HU SNGs. my ROI at the $20s is about 15-18%, and i can play 10-12/hr. conservatively that's $30/hr with a $600 bankroll. take a br of $5000. you could play 2/5 NL. six tabling at 6bb/hr is about $180/hr. (i have no idea if this winrate is maintainable, but i would assume so.)or you could play 8 $200 HUs and 2 $500 HUs an hour and with a 10% ROI make $260/hr.no?
if you're not playing the notes in front of you it's not mozart.

#22 ChuckSty

ChuckSty

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,818 posts
  • Location:Las Vegas NV

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:38 AM

View PostHoosierAlum, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 11:31 AM, said:

I would be down, but I know once I hit 50k I would puss out and not want to play the 25/50 games b/c at this point in my career Im pretty sure I can't beat those games in their current state. (From my limited experience I've been raped playing anything over 10/20nl)If Party Poker was still around I would give it a serious shot though.
if u quit at 50k then u don't win the grand prize.
http://www.brainflips.com/

The Worlds Smartest Flashcards!

#23 ChuckSty

ChuckSty

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,818 posts
  • Location:Las Vegas NV

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:40 AM

View Postnavybuttons, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 11:36 AM, said:

i've crunched quite a few numbers and i seriously think one of the best ways to build a huge bankroll is HU SNGs. my ROI at the $20s is about 15-18%, and i can play 10-12/hr. conservatively that's $30/hr with a $600 bankroll. take a br of $5000. you could play 2/5 NL. six tabling at 6bb/hr is about $180/hr. (i have no idea if this winrate is maintainable, but i would assume so.)or you could play 8 $200 HUs and 2 $500 HUs an hour and with a 10% ROI make $260/hr.no?
that sounds like not fun. and i'd get burnt out in about 2 hrs but to each his own.
http://www.brainflips.com/

The Worlds Smartest Flashcards!

#24 eYank

eYank

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,344 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Massapequa, NY
  • Favorite Poker Game:Micro Stakes NLHE

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:41 AM

Stakeaments?

#25 HoosierAlum

HoosierAlum

    Grindmode

  • Members
  • 8,169 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Golf, Traveling, Baseball, Basketball

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:41 AM

View PostChuckSty, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 1:38 PM, said:

if u quit at 50k then u don't win the grand prize.
True, but honestly the 25/50 and above games have gotten REALLY fing tough. It will be hard for ANYONE to win above 4ptbb/100 in that game, and even the best players in the world are destined to go busto on a 10 buy-in roll. Its a good idea for motivation, but I think is vvv tough to accomplish with only 10 buyins once you hit 25 50. edit: The 5/10 and 10/20 games are no cakewalk these days either. (on most sites. the Bodog 5/10 is still a jopke)




I might start updating this again.
http://jonathandepa.blogspot.com/

#26 ChuckSty

ChuckSty

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,818 posts
  • Location:Las Vegas NV

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:42 AM

View PostHoosierAlum, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 11:41 AM, said:

True, but honestly the 25/50 and above games have gotten REALLY fing tough. It will be hard for ANYONE to win above 4ptbb/100 in that game, and even the best players in the world are destined to go busto on a 10 buy-in roll. Its a good idea, but I think is vvv tough to accomplish with only 10 buyins once you hit 25 50. edit: The 5/10 and 10/20 games are no cakewalk these days either.
i agree completely that's why i think it's gonna be super tough. and as soon as i hit the 5/10 game i want 20 buyins.
http://www.brainflips.com/

The Worlds Smartest Flashcards!

#27 navybuttons

navybuttons

    What?

  • Members
  • 5,117 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Poker Game:Diamonds

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:46 AM

View PostHoosierAlum, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 11:41 AM, said:

True, but honestly the 25/50 and above games have gotten REALLY fing tough. It will be hard for ANYONE to win above 4ptbb/100 in that game, and even the best players in the world are destined to go busto on a 10 buy-in roll. Its a good idea, but I think is vvv tough to accomplish with only 10 buyins once you hit 25 50. edit: The 5/10 and 10/20 games are no cakewalk these days either. (on most sites. the Bodog 5/10 is still a jopke)
i think i read a 4 thread last week where someone datamined the 25/50 stars games. i don't think anyone was beating it for 5ptbb/100 over 10,000 hands. at that level i would think there are limit games that are way more profitable.
if you're not playing the notes in front of you it's not mozart.

#28 RDog

RDog

    I'm Barry Sanders bitches!!!

  • Members
  • 10,919 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Orange County, CA

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:47 AM

Are we talking about trying to do this over one month as he posted or a longer time frame? If one month, I think given what you guys have posted about 10/20, 25/50, etc. a smaller goal would be better. Say, 100k for Chucksty, 50k for Hoos, 25K for myself (sorry kids, until recently played almost 0 cash, highest I have played is 3/6 and I have a jobby job). NavyButtons could do SNG's if he chooses.

#29 HoosierAlum

HoosierAlum

    Grindmode

  • Members
  • 8,169 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Golf, Traveling, Baseball, Basketball

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:50 AM

View PostRDog, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 1:47 PM, said:

Are we talking about trying to do this over one month as he posted or a longer time frame? If one month, I think given what you guys have posted about 10/20, 25/50, etc. a smaller goal would be better. Say, 100k for Chucksty, 50k for Hoos, 25K for myself (sorry kids, until recently played almost 0 cash, highest I have played is 3/6 and I have a jobby job). NavyButtons could do SNG's if he chooses.
I mean this is all good for motivation, but to be honest I don't feel like playing 100nl. Its just going to take too long and cut into my winrate too much to try and build up to play 5/10 and 10/20 which is what I play anyway. So I mean if you guys wanted to do like a 50k in 30 days goal but still play the current limits we are at, I would be down for that. I just don't want to have to build up from 100nl considering I'm getting raped this month and can't be dicking around in March.Also, I don't like playing more than 5 tables at once, so that is another disadvantage that will prevent me from quickly moving up.




I might start updating this again.
http://jonathandepa.blogspot.com/

#30 GWCGWC

GWCGWC

    Poker Forum God

  • Members
  • 14,661 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Between Thought and Expression

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:54 AM

View PostChuckSty, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 12:04 PM, said:

I look forward to playing against you.I would start with 100NL and play until I had 2K and jump right into 200NL being willing to move back down if I dropped $800. I would then play 200NL until I had 3500 and then I would play 400NL again dropping down if I had a little downswing. I would continue this process all the way to 100/200. I think this is an interesting question, and I feel that with 1000 dollars I could be playing 50/100 NL in 4 weeks with 200K. This would be very ambitous and require alot of poker everyday (probably 3K+ hands a day). But I still think it could be done. ( I donít knwo if I want to try to prove it tho )this is from the p5's thread which was taken from something else
This sounds as doable as my avatar. I'm gonna try it on the short handed tables at FT. 1K to 200K in one month...........ready, set, GO!

View Postnavybuttons, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 12:36 PM, said:

i've crunched quite a few numbers and i seriously think one of the best ways to build a huge bankroll is HU SNGs. my ROI at the $20s is about 15-18%, and i can play 10-12/hr. conservatively that's $30/hr with a $600 bankroll. take a br of $5000. you could play 2/5 NL. six tabling at 6bb/hr is about $180/hr. (i have no idea if this winrate is maintainable, but i would assume so.)or you could play 8 $200 HUs and 2 $500 HUs an hour and with a 10% ROI make $260/hr.no?
especially if you're playing PLO8 with uber donks.

#31 HoosierAlum

HoosierAlum

    Grindmode

  • Members
  • 8,169 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Golf, Traveling, Baseball, Basketball

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:54 AM

I forgot to mention thats its going to be damn near impossible for Tommy or myself to take anything seriously at a limit below 2/4nl....




I might start updating this again.
http://jonathandepa.blogspot.com/

#32 socalpoker_j

socalpoker_j

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 5,800 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:59 AM

Sounds like an interesting/challenging concept. I'm in for a modified version.

#33 ChuckSty

ChuckSty

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,818 posts
  • Location:Las Vegas NV

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:59 AM

View PostHoosierAlum, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 11:54 AM, said:

I forgot to mention thats its going to be damn near impossible for Tommy or myself to take anything seriously at a limit below 2/4nl....
im gonna go to the gym and when i get back i'm gonna crush some 50 cent NL ****ign crush it. and by crush i mean not fold ever probably. it is going to be very hard for me to lay down a big hand for 50 dollars much less a pair of 4's pf
http://www.brainflips.com/

The Worlds Smartest Flashcards!

#34 ChuckSty

ChuckSty

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,818 posts
  • Location:Las Vegas NV

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:01 PM

also just think hoos. if you make it you will have 200k you didn't have before. it's gonna be funny as **** to make it all the way to the levels we are currently at and then get spanked and have to drop back down again. thats' gonna piss me off more htan anything. i think i'm gonna do 500 on stars and 500 on ftp but i'm nto sure yet.
http://www.brainflips.com/

The Worlds Smartest Flashcards!

#35 RDog

RDog

    I'm Barry Sanders bitches!!!

  • Members
  • 10,919 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Orange County, CA

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:17 PM

Okay, I am starting this tonight. My goal will be 25k by the end of March. It would be cool if this thread could be stickied to track our progress?

#36 dms26

dms26

    Poker Forum God

  • Members
  • 21,900 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:17 PM

View PostChuckSty, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 2:38 PM, said:

if u quit at 50k then u don't win the grand prize.
is your luckbox the grand prize?

View PostHoosierAlum, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 2:50 PM, said:

So I mean if you guys wanted to do like a 50k in 30 days goal but still play the current limits we are at, I would be down for that. I just don't want to have to build up from 100nl considering I'm getting raped this month and can't be dicking around in March.
That would probably be the best idea for you guys. I remember Bill Ivey did this a few months back and failed miserably.
QUOTE (CozMyn @ Sunday, March 8th, 2009, 5:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i tried to talk here about that program, the RNG , not to talk about when to accept all in without to see flop.
You can accept all in whenever you want, or whenever you feel lucky, but in virtual room's is not like in reality. In reality anything is possible... in virtual rooms you can be "the one" who knows the future, or who can change the future.

#37 jeff_536

jeff_536

    What?

  • Members
  • 30,877 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:20 PM

View PostChuckSty, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 2:59 PM, said:

im gonna go to the gym and when i get back i'm gonna crush some 50 cent NL ****ign crush it. and by crush i mean not fold ever probably. it is going to be very hard for me to lay down a big hand for 50 dollars much less a pair of 4's pf
Deep down in my stomach, with every inch of me, I pure, straight hate you!But, God damn it, do I respect you!
Into The Fire, chronicling the adventure.

My New Blog

#38 MoChipsPlese

MoChipsPlese

    Poker Forum Nut

  • Members
  • 492 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:FCP
  • Interests:Donking away stacks and stacks of checks!
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL HE

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:22 PM

I'm too busy cashing out my wins and keeping my br at 1.5K to reach this goal. I like it that way since gov. won't target my small withdrawls as income. Sounds like a fun thing to try though. I railed an old (well known) FCP'er yesterday who decided to check out FCP again. He went to the 25/50 NLHE 6 man table with $1000 and turned it into just over 5K in about 30-45 minutes. I like that ROI!Have fun
Zsta2k6....show yourself beeotch!

#39 tskillz187

tskillz187

    Great Tiger, you're next!

  • Members
  • 6,131 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brockport/Buffalo, NY

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:26 PM

I'll try to take it to 25k by end of March with you Rdog. I'll try and not move up unless I have 15 buyins and drop back down if I get below 9.I'm also not going to track this daily as I don't play enough and will just marathon session thurs-sun. I'll do this if a few people also are tying to do it. Oh, I'll probably pretend I never typed this if I don't keep to it and/or go broke from initial 1k.
Naismith (2:56:11 PM): fuckerflakeoutonmystakingnowmakingmillions

#40 navybuttons

navybuttons

    What?

  • Members
  • 5,117 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Poker Game:Diamonds

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:27 PM

View Posttskillz187, on Monday, February 19th, 2007, 12:26 PM, said:

I'll try to take it to 25k by end of March with you Rdog. I'll try and not move up unless I have 15 buyins and drop back down if I get below 9.I'm also not going to track this daily as I don't play enough and will just marathon session thurs-sun. I'll do this if a few people also are tying to do it. Oh, I'll probably pretend I never typed this if I don't keep to it and/or go broke from initial 1k.
the H is O. everyone okay w/ 25k by the end of March?
if you're not playing the notes in front of you it's not mozart.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users