67 replies to this topic

#21 Pixelation

Pixelation

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:42 PM

Preflop i raise 150-200 depending on how loose the table is.As played, easy fold on the turn.

#22 James D

James D

not on twitter

• Members
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:42 PM

Not overly keen on the small pre-flop raise. As you said, if you think you will be called if you bet another 50, why not bet that much?He may be a donkey, well clearly he is.. cold calling from SB, (Unless he is trapping you), but after he has called your continuation bet - which is a good bet - on the flop, I am done with the hand 90% of the time... only situation I am not, is if I have a real wicked spot on read.Just one of those spots where you've got to accept that a passive player most likely outdrew you on the flop. It's not a profitable play to pursue this hand with the Kings. You also don't have a heart for any re-draw.Blinds are 25/50, so you still have an ok stack to get back into the game if you lay it down.-- Note: I saw both of your stats on Sharkscope, and maybe part of the reason that you found it harder to lay down (if you did?) was actually the fact that you can see he's terrible, and that you are a way better player than him? This happens to me sometimes. If I see a player with a bad record, I give them less credit for a real hand sometimes.

#23 DCJ001

DCJ001

• Members
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:59 PM

View PostSocrates, on Monday, February 12th, 2007, 7:07 PM, said:

1. While you may think you have a TAG image (like everyone else claims) - not everyone will see it that way. I don't like the 2x raise, leaves you guessing as to what the blinds could have and this flop illustrates the point - You can't know where you are here. In this situation I'd probably have to lay it down just because you're lost in the hand and invited way too many marginal hands in with the weak pf raise.
It's a 2 1/2x BB raise.You'd better tell Daniel your feelings about the proper raise multiple since his standard preflop raise is 2 1/2x BB and you obviously disagree with him.

#24 MoTownJ5

MoTownJ5

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:46 PM

Possibly the easiest fold ever? What are you beating? You say the guy is a donkey, just wait untll next time its level 3. You dont have good enough odds to call anyway. If he is bluffing he'll try again next time and you'll have him.

#25 AWaaz

AWaaz

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Poker/Gaming/Sports

Posted 12 February 2007 - 06:55 PM

View PostSocrates, on Monday, February 12th, 2007, 4:07 PM, said:

1. While you may think you have a TAG image (like everyone else claims) - not everyone will see it that way. I don't like the 2x raise, leaves you guessing as to what the blinds could have and this flop illustrates the point - You can't know where you are here. In this situation I'd probably have to lay it down just because you're lost in the hand and invited way too many marginal hands in with the weak pf raise.
QFT

#26 Socrates

Socrates

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:06 PM

View PostDCJ001, on Monday, February 12th, 2007, 6:59 PM, said:

It's a 2 1/2x BB raise.You'd better tell Daniel your feelings about the proper raise multiple since his standard preflop raise is 2 1/2x BB and you obviously disagree with him.
This guy is no where near the player DN is. Besides, majority rules, looks like u and the OP are the only MRM's on the thread.

#27 Mattnxtc

Mattnxtc

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:13 PM

is this even a decision really? ace on the board and u have no heart redrawmake it look like u have a tough decision and then fold
www.mattnxtc.blogspot.com

#28 copernicus

copernicus

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,676 posts
  • Interests:Hockey; poker...duh

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:16 PM

yeah, it looks like he was afraid to try and price out a two street draw, but once he sees a safe turn, figures his A is good for a value bet.

Wave upon wave of Demented Avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

#29 GABMAD

GABMAD

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:poker (obviously), mountain biking, baseball
  • Favorite Poker Game:HU/short-handed, NL Hold'em

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:19 PM

View Postcopernicus, on Tuesday, February 13th, 2007, 4:16 AM, said:

yeah, it looks like he was afraid to try and price out a two street draw, but once he sees a safe turn, figures his A is good for a value bet.
Think about it. If you're villain you have to put me on a hand like AQ imo. Why would he push an ace unless it's A9. Even then, shouldn't he check and let me think he's drawing at a flush and then raise it all in? IMO his play makes very little sense and looks to me like a 9 with a q or K of hearts. Honestly...look at the play and try to put him on a hand. I don't see why an A would play it like that. Shouldn't he be worried about his kicker? he'd raise me with AK and maybe even AQ.

#30 GABMAD

GABMAD

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:poker (obviously), mountain biking, baseball
  • Favorite Poker Game:HU/short-handed, NL Hold'em

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:24 PM

View PostSocrates, on Tuesday, February 13th, 2007, 3:06 AM, said:

This guy is no where near the player DN is. Besides, majority rules, looks like u and the OP are the only MRM's on the thread.
Ya. And you've seen me play? Or you automatically assume everyone is a donkey? How about you look up ppl on sharkscope before calling them donks? Or are stats overrated and you need a title before you can be considred good? So that means, because I'm 18 I have no way of being considered good as I'm not old enough to play live. Geez....some people are so ignorant

#31 copernicus

copernicus

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,676 posts
  • Interests:Hockey; poker...duh

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:41 PM

View PostGABMAD, on Monday, February 12th, 2007, 11:19 PM, said:

Think about it. If you're villain you have to put me on a hand like AQ imo. Why would he push an ace unless it's A9. Even then, shouldn't he check and let me think he's drawing at a flush and then raise it all in? IMO his play makes very little sense and looks to me like a 9 with a q or K of hearts. Honestly...look at the play and try to put him on a hand. I don't see why an A would play it like that. Shouldn't he be worried about his kicker? he'd raise me with AK and maybe even AQ.
no, in his seat Id put you on pocket pairs in addition to Aces, and a weak Ace here doesnt want to overplay against that board on the flop. Any raise on the flop subjects him to a semi-bluff push that he cant call, and your bet hasnt clarified anything. If youve got a pair including a heart youve got calling odds for anything he does on the flop.

Wave upon wave of Demented Avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

#32 cubsfan44

cubsfan44

Poker Winnings? Whats that?

• Members
  • 7,034 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:The Cadillac

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:54 PM

View PostDCJ001, on Monday, February 12th, 2007, 4:59 PM, said:

Maybe im wrong but if daniel has the same M in a tourney. Im not so sure he isnt raising more than 2 1/2 times the BB there.
What if the 'HOKEY POKEY' really IS what it's ALL about?

#33 Pixelation

Pixelation

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:39 AM

View PostDCJ001, on Tuesday, February 13th, 2007, 10:59 AM, said:

To all those saying Daniel usually does the 2.5x raise, keep in mind that he mainly plays live tourneys in which the action is usually a lot more tight than online so you don't need to raise so much.From my experience playing *online* 3-4x the BB is pretty much the standard.

#34 XX44466XX

XX44466XX

I RUFF POKAH!

• Members
  • 3,598 posts
  • Interests:Poker & Boobies & Ninjewtsu
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL HE

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:48 AM

I call shenanigans.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

I think Oscar Wilde was talking about poker.

It's All Fours And Sixes

#35 cubbybri

cubbybri

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey Football, Reading, Movies
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'Em

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:07 AM

I think the flop bet too much as well, BUT if you are some who consistently bets half the pot I guess it's not as bad a play. I rarely think there is a reason to make a pot bet so that is my reason for disliking. If you always make the pot bets I guess it will keep them guessing.In any case, Copernicus is right, you are beat or villain is a dingle nut.

#36 cubbybri

cubbybri

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey Football, Reading, Movies
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'Em

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:52 AM

I think I'm seeing double but it could be the crack. :club: In any case you are beat unless you are playing a true dingle nut.You raised and made a con't bet. He may be worried you have Aq but he could have AK. You could also have a huge assortment of other hands. He may have a weak ace but is Copernicus said, he wanted to make sure he was safer from a flush and let the turn come. He may have nothing or a nine and a flush draw but I think you hvae to give him credit for an ace.And with you not having a heart you need to fold.

#37 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:09 AM

Villain almost certainly has A9, A7 or A3 here. I don't know why he might put you on AQ specifically, although it would certainly be within your estimated range. I also guessing villain's kicker is a heart, quite possibly the Kh.Unfortunate, but relatively easy, fold.
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#38 Socrates

Socrates

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:03 AM

View PostGABMAD, on Monday, February 12th, 2007, 10:24 PM, said:

Ya. And you've seen me play? Or you automatically assume everyone is a donkey? How about you look up ppl on sharkscope before calling them donks? Or are stats overrated and you need a title before you can be considred good? So that means, because I'm 18 I have no way of being considered good as I'm not old enough to play live. Geez....some people are so ignorant
While you've done okay on-line, it seems to me and I'm guessing most of us on here who have played much longer than you, that you're looking for an answer that justifys your call in this hand. You made a mistake, get over it. You played the hand and you were completely lost in it with no idea what the other player had. I never said you were a donkey, just that you played this particular hand poorly. Like I said before, just beause you think you're TAG, doesn't mean other players see that. Espeically when they're surfing the web, playing multiple tables and possibly even watching t.v. and sending e-mails at the same time.

#39 pokerkid

pokerkid

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:13 AM

View PostPixelation, on Tuesday, February 13th, 2007, 2:39 AM, said:

To all those saying Daniel usually does the 2.5x raise, keep in mind that he mainly plays live tourneys in which the action is usually a lot more tight than online so you don't need to raise so much.
HAHAHA. NO.In general, live play is much worse than online play. The WSOP ME has some of the worst play imaginable. Granted in the WPT 10K events the play is better because of the bigger buy-in. But when comparing the same levels, live play is much worse than online play.At this stage, 3-4x BB raise is correct. However, when it gets late in a tournament, and 2.5x raises are 20% of the avg. stacks chips, 2.5x BB raises are golden. If someone is trapping you or pushes on you, you lose less, but the 2.5x raise still has enough fold equity. Against a decent player who thinks about bet sizes and such, it also doesn't look like a steal as much as a 4x raise does.Edit: 2.5x raises are great for stealing late in a tourney.
PM me for Rakeback on BODOG!

#40 mtdesmoines

mtdesmoines

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,980 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:34 AM

View PostGABMAD, on Monday, February 12th, 2007, 4:02 PM, said:

I have a tight/agressive image at the table. Villain is donkey on sharkscope and is loose.PokerStars Game #8410248885: Tournament #42864986, $110+$9 Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2007/02/12 - 18:41:25 (ET)Table '42864986 1' 6-max Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 1: GabeTheKid (1295 in chips) Seat 2: DaMaKa (2710 in chips) Seat 5: RokinRT (3070 in chips) Seat 6: jhub3000 (1925 in chips) RokinRT: posts small blind 25jhub3000: posts big blind 50*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to GabeTheKid [Kc Ks]GabeTheKid: raises 75 to 125DaMaKa: folds RokinRT: calls 100jhub3000: folds *** FLOP *** [3h Ah 7h]RokinRT: checks GabeTheKid: bets 250RokinRT: calls 250*** TURN *** [3h Ah 7h] [9d]RokinRT: bets 950GabeTheKid: ????
Nah. Next question.
Somewhere Jimmy Carter is smiling because he knows that he is no longer the worst President of the modern era

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users