O&a Discussing Dn Right Now

Opie and Anthony are currently reading from Joe Rogan's blog which is about DN. Sounds like Rogan wrote a new blog entry trying to settle things and clear the air. Anthony said how much he respects DN as a poker player. I'm glad that everything seems over.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Opie and Anthony are currently reading from Joe Rogan's blog which is about DN. Sounds like Rogan wrote a new blog entry trying to settle things and clear the air. Anthony said how much he respects DN as a poker player. I'm glad that everything seems over.
Rogan's Blog entry is titled: "Daniel Negreanu, you whiney little *****."...not exactly clearing any air!http://www.joerogan.net/main.phpHe is classless.
I know I'm a newb, but just a question.Did you even read the article? The title was a joke.
Gee thank you, I never thought to read the article. Nice first post. Good luck with that.Yes, I read it. No, I do not think the title was a "Jpoke". It sounds to me like his talking about DN's Ex was juvenile and crude. DN was likely polite, but somewhat uncomfortable and even insulted by Rogan's insistence in pursuing his line of jokes. In my opinion, the "clearing of the air" is tainted by calling DN a "Whiney Little *****" - that sets the tone.Rogan's conclusion is just as offensive not just to DN, but to any adult: "I’m totally serious about holding no grudge, and if we run into each other, I would be happy to shake your hand and burry the whole thing.Or, I might hold you down and slap you in the face with my ****, depending of course on how my ego twists my memory of my reaction to your blog entry saying I suck."Gee, that's funny stuff.He sucks.

From Rogan's Blog entry quoting DN:"So then this Joe Rogan guy starts going a little batty. Not funny in the least, and I honestly believe I can be objective here because I don't mind poking fun at myself at all. He basically just repeatedly cursed and acted like a juvenile. His material was weak and he masked that by just cursing more. I watch a lot of stand up and you can tell when a guy has no material when he overuses fart jokes and thinks that if he just curses louder and louder that it's somehow funny and that no one will notice that he doesn't actually have any jokes."Sounds pretty accurate to me.

I've met Joe and have had the pleasure of getting absolutley polluted with his co host form the revised man show (Doug Stanhope), I have had conversations with Jim Norton and many other comedians and can tell you from personal experience this is how they talk to everybody. It wasn't intended as a personal attack and I think Joe's blog was really well written regarding the whole situation. I think it is simply another situation that DN fans blew completely out of whack and may have found funny if the conversation involved someone else. I also do like Joe's stand up, the stand up and sense of humour that people like Rogan, Stanhope and Norton isn't for everybody and I understand that but can tell you that these guys are very much like that in a more personal setting.

Many of you are way too defensive. That is as close to a truce blog as it comes, when someone is responding to being called a hack. Let it go.Save the hate for all of DN's other beefs: Raymer, Duke, Ferguson, WPT7, the NFL, meat, real estate, final table structures, the WSOP, airlines, teacher's salaries, golf hustlers, pokemon, George Bush, etc.

Many of you are way too defensive. That is as close to a truce blog as it comes, when someone is responding to being called a hack. Let it go.Save the hate for all of DN's other beefs: Raymer, Duke, Ferguson, WPT7, the NFL, meat, real estate, final table structures, the WSOP, airlines, teacher's salaries, golf hustlers, pokemon, George Bush, etc.
Goddamn pokemon.

Wow.... I've heard a lot about this recently but never heard the actual interview before.And I must say, was that it???!! I like Daniel, but come on, that was just a few guys fooling around, and he was complimentary to Daniel too. He's taken the route of clearing the air which deserves a little respect too. Not sure what all the fuss was about.

I hate to say it, but I think what bothered Daniel most was the BLACK comment. I've said it before on this site and I'll repeat - DN is Romanian. My wife is Romanian. I have the pleasure (or displeasure as it is with this case) to hang out with a lot of Romanians and the one constant no matter if they are second generation americans (or Canadiens in this case) or not, they are RACIST (and its not them, its usually the older folk who just continue the hatred thru the generations - its SICK!). Some of DN's blogs have that undertone when he talks of minorities. You can sense it. I can tell you being Jewish and not telling her family (my wife knew obviously) at the beginning - you should have heard the comments comming out of their mouths. And it wasnt jsut the family, it was friends of hers who were romanian. Its in the culture. So I think Rogans comment at the end is what set off DN. He'll deny it. Fine. But inside, thats whats really going on. Do some research. Meet some Romanians - tell me I'm wrong. I don't think you'll be able to.

I hate to say it, but I think what bothered Daniel most was the BLACK comment. I've said it before on this site and I'll repeat - DN is Romanian. My wife is Romanian. I have the pleasure (or displeasure as it is with this case) to hang out with a lot of Romanians and the one constant no matter if they are second generation americans (or Canadiens in this case) or not, they are RACIST (and its not them, its usually the older folk who just continue the hatred thru the generations - its SICK!). Some of DN's blogs have that undertone when he talks of minorities. You can sense it. I can tell you being Jewish and not telling her family (my wife knew obviously) at the beginning - you should have heard the comments comming out of their mouths. And it wasnt jsut the family, it was friends of hers who were romanian. Its in the culture. So I think Rogans comment at the end is what set off DN. He'll deny it. Fine. But inside, thats whats really going on. Do some research. Meet some Romanians - tell me I'm wrong. I don't think you'll be able to.
Not sure I understand your logic. So, if DN is racist because he is Romanian, why would he be offended by a racist comment?
Not sure I understand your logic. So, if DN is racist because he is Romanian, why would he be offended by a racist comment?
Because it was the thought of a BLACk person having sex with his ex-girlfriend. That triggered it.
If he was racist, why would he be with an asian woman?
If you think asians are a minority, you need to get out more. You can be racist against one sector of society and not another. From what i've witnessed personally (and reading DN's blog), he does have some complexes about blacks and I'm sure given his religious sense, he probably has strong feelings against Jews as well.
If you think asians are a minority, you need to get out more. You can be racist against one sector of society and not another. From what i've witnessed personally (and reading DN's blog), he does have some complexes about blacks and I'm sure given his religious sense, he probably has strong feelings against Jews as well.
???lol... you are classing Asians as a non-minority and blacks as a minority then? In terms of US demographics, they both are. (Asians account for less than 5% of the population, so they most definately ARE a minority)In fact, there are LESS Asian Americans than African Americans.. so you are not making sense.But anyway, fwiw, I wasn't even saying that at all. I was merely pointing out the inaccuracies in your post. Next time, maybe you could just say that you think that DN is racist against Blacks and Jews... which by the way, I completely disagree with too.
...so all Roumanians are Racist...?Irony detection meter = 8.7