322 replies to this topic

#21 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,080 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:34 PM

View PostKDawgCometh, on Thursday, February 1st, 2007, 1:07 AM, said:

i've been playing the 24s and 36s turbos on stars and my ROI right now is at 18% after 179 of them. I probably put in something like 120 in the past two weeks, so that's not bad for me to get back into the swing of things. I'm being an uber nit with my roll right now, cause well, I don't want to have the last three months of last year ever happen to me again. If I didn't have a bad day today, I'd probably be at like 1500 right now. I bubbled probably 4 times in the 36s and 3 times in the 24s, and then I was getting thirds like it was my job. its all good, cause this was my first losing day since I got back, so I'm just hoping that I have a huge feb. and I'll probably even play some donkaments and see if I can really get back going
I'm going to assume you meant FTP for those.I've played maybe 40 on Stars, and my ROI is like 75%. :club:...Sustainable, obv.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#22 navybuttons

navybuttons

What?

• Members
  • 5,117 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Diamonds

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:09 AM

february goals: +$3500no drinking through the monthit's really the drinking one i'm concerned about. in the last 7 months i've maybe gone 16 days total w/o a drink. i.e. the repetitive "KQ? donk" from tonight's skipaments.
if you're not playing the notes in front of you it's not mozart.

#23 iggymcfly

iggymcfly

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,654 posts
  • Interests:Poker, football, sitting on my ass

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:44 AM

View PostJordan, on Wednesday, January 31st, 2007, 8:47 PM, said:

that was iggy.and he is prob > 50k now.or busto again.:club:- Jordan
The first one. Sitting at around 55K, give or take. Had $900 at the start of December and $600 (including FPP value) at my very lowest point.Anyway, on to February Goals. (I figure I covered Jan. results in the January thread although FTR, I think my final Jan. total was +$30K.)1. Make a total of $20,000I'd set my goals higher, but I'm not sure how good the PLO games are going to be on Bodog this month. Ever since the depositing stuff got harder and Spackle lost most of his roll, the 5/10 PLO game's been pretty intermittent. If I have to move to Stars or to NLHE, it's going to be tough.2. Make $5,000 on my Vegas trip.I'm going to be in town from February 6th through the 13th, and I look forward to working on my live game at real stakes. Will definitely be playing 5/10 - 10/20 NLHE and 60/120 LHE and may take shots at higher limits if things go well. That's probably all that's important. Hand and hour goals are pretty arbitrary and I never know when I'm going to be switching games again. Hell, for all I know, Bodog could shut down as soon as the Super Bowl's over.
Lady luck's my fuck-buddy.

#24 pokerfan1080

pokerfan1080

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:12 AM

Double post, my bad, please excuse.......
Big fish eat little fish...

I'm hungry!

#25 pokerfan1080

pokerfan1080

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:12 AM

Jan sucked, big time, BR is down significantly.Made the switch to AP for Bonus/rakeback. Played alot of 1/2 limit and manged to clear $60 in bonus, and rakeback should be about $120. But that doesn't come close to making up the losses I suffered. After adding bonus and rakeback, I'm still down $200 ($750 deposit). Ran into a ton of coolers, it was frustrating. Sets losing to Straights or flushes, flushes/straights losing to boats, two pair losing to sets, out-kicked, etc. All the standard stuff, lol. However, I was playing 6-max and I think I was playing too many hands as well. It was tough to get into a full ring 1/2 limit game on AP.No biggie, I'm back to stars for the time being. Need to refine some limit skills were there are more games, then I can go back to AP and give it another shot.So, for this month, I really would like to get back to AP, ASAP. I don't like the thought of giving up the bonus/rakeback, bonus especially because it has a 60 day play out requirement. Since returning to Stars, my results are much better again. Not sure if the games are softer at stars, but either way I'm staying there for the next few days to try and recover the losses.Good luck, everyone.
Big fish eat little fish...

I'm hungry!

#26 iggymcfly

iggymcfly

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,654 posts
  • Interests:Poker, football, sitting on my ass

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:27 AM

Got February off to a good start in terms of putting hours in. Six and a half hours this morning playing 10/20 NL on Bodog. However, despite having an obscenely large stack on one table, I only ended up winnning $900. Was pretty much playing to get even after a while. I did make a couple mistakes due to lack of discipline, but I found that my hand-reading skills are still dead on for that game. I think my 'A' game can hammer 10/20 NL.Still though, it's far from the best game for me right now. I think I'm better off sitting at the 5/10 PLO tables by myself and trying to get someone to join me HU than I am playing NL. I'm going to try to save that for live play for the time being.
Lady luck's my fuck-buddy.

#27 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,080 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:07 AM

View Postpokerfan1080, on Thursday, February 1st, 2007, 9:12 AM, said:

Jan sucked, big time, BR is down significantly.Made the switch to AP for Bonus/rakeback. Played alot of 1/2 limit and manged to clear $60 in bonus, and rakeback should be about $120. But that doesn't come close to making up the losses I suffered. After adding bonus and rakeback, I'm still down $200 ($750 deposit). Ran into a ton of coolers, it was frustrating. Sets losing to Straights or flushes, flushes/straights losing to boats, two pair losing to sets, out-kicked, etc. All the standard stuff, lol. However, I was playing 6-max and I think I was playing too many hands as well. It was tough to get into a full ring 1/2 limit game on AP.No biggie, I'm back to stars for the time being. Need to refine some limit skills were there are more games, then I can go back to AP and give it another shot.So, for this month, I really would like to get back to AP, ASAP. I don't like the thought of giving up the bonus/rakeback, bonus especially because it has a 60 day play out requirement. Since returning to Stars, my results are much better again. Not sure if the games are softer at stars, but either way I'm staying there for the next few days to try and recover the losses.Good luck, everyone.
If you are going to try to learn LHE, the benefits of RB and bonus while you are learning, and perhaps loosing are invaluable. It would be silly to try to learn the game at Stars without the incentives to help phase any initial losses.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#28 simo_8ball

simo_8ball

Multipass

• Members
  • 9,277 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO/NLHE

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:24 AM

January:Played 3841 hands online (2k of them in 1 session of 4-8 tabling and ending -$70, 800 more of them in a session the day after).Played two live tourneys. -$80.Made $219 overall. Yay?February:Get some real money onto FullTilt (~$4k). Actually play some poker. Looking to play at least 10k hands.Anyone have any suggestions? Here are my choices as I see them:1) $100 or $200 NLHE2) $100 or $200 PLO3) $50-$200 SitNGos4) LHE around $5/$10 (would need to get the rust off my game significantly)5) Random mix of options 1-4I'll probably go for 5.

#29 KDawgCometh

KDawgCometh

old skool

• Members
  • 15,174 posts
  • Interests:poker(duh), soccer, football, rugby, music, and film

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:24 AM

View PostZach6668, on Thursday, February 1st, 2007, 12:34 AM, said:

I'm going to assume you meant FTP for those.I've played maybe 40 on Stars, and my ROI is like 75%. :club: ...Sustainable, obv.
hmmmmmm, intrest is now piqued. I just have to figure out how to get mobnies onto stars now
Wine Notes for those that care about such pretentious things

#30 rgold79

rgold79

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:08 PM

February Goals:I have about $1400 in 20's stuffed in a sock in my underwear drawer. My goal for February is to stuff many more 20's into that sock. I'm hoping to be able to play live poker 2-3 times a week at some of the cardrooms here in New York, assuming my work schedule cooperates. Beyond that, I've suspended my online play because I may be moving to the West Coast and that bankroll would pay for the move. After playing 2K hands on Jan. 1 alone, I think I finished the month with around 3800 hands played and a tiny profit.

#31 No_Neck

No_Neck

this is how i roll

• Members
  • 11,522 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:20 PM

January Results: Played 15k hands of NL holdem and made about $300 bucks, then I lost $177 in SHLE experiment. Made about $100 in rakeback. Goals for February: Play 20k hands and make enough so that I can play $100 NL at the end of this.

#32 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,080 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:25 PM

Well, looks like Tribeca might be screwing me for opening multiple accounts across different skins, so I may not get to clear those $500 bonuses... :(Gonna do the $1000 bonus on Crypto for now, I guess.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#33 Bubba83

Bubba83

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Web Programming<br />Computer Games<br />Beer Tasting<br />Roller Coasters
  • Favorite Poker Game:7 Stud Hi/Lo

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:47 PM

I look forward to contributing to this post every month once I graduate college in early May.

#34 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:51 PM

View PostZach6668, on Thursday, February 1st, 2007, 4:25 PM, said:

Well, looks like Tribeca might be screwing me for opening multiple accounts across different skins, so I may not get to clear those $500 bonuses... :(Gonna do the $1000 bonus on Crypto for now, I guess.
i've been enjoying betsafe so far. the play is hilariously tight, but its an interesting opportunity to mix up your play against unusually tight opponents.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#35 No_Neck

No_Neck

this is how i roll

• Members
  • 11,522 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:26 PM

View Postmrdannyg, on Thursday, February 1st, 2007, 4:51 PM, said:

i've been enjoying betsafe so far. the play is hilariously tight, but its an interesting opportunity to mix up your play against unusually tight opponents.
really I have found Tribeca to be really soft. This is NL though. You wouldn't happen to be Danny G on tribeca would you?

#36 Jordan

Jordan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,032 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:31 PM

FWIW.I know I haven't been around much, not that it really matters to any of you.I did play some in Jan...so here are my results. I won $14.LOL.I think I played three days. I had one big loss on one day, but won that back and then some the next day. I played two tournaments, didn't cash in either...but I did have a winning month. First one in like 3 months or so. Awesome.My goals for February.Get all my school work done. I will be in Cambodia the 2nd - 16th of march, which is conveniately during my finals. Thus, I get to do all my papers and exams early. I'm in the library right now, so that's good, but I'm still browsing the net, which isn't. So I need to get stuff done so I'm not behind while I'm outta the country.I plan on spending 3-5 hours a day till I'm finished with my papers, and then obviously making sure I'm ready for exams. Outside that, I don't know. If I have time to play poker, which I'm sure I will, I will..but all this crap going down is not fun and I really don't know how confident I am with the future of poker.I'd be very pleased if I played enough to earn $2k. Hell, $1k be nice, but I'll be a little "crazy" and set that $2k goal. Heh.So that's that.- Jordan

#37 Highlow16

Highlow16

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:00 PM

View PostHighlow16, on Thursday, January 4th, 2007, 5:39 PM, said:

10K hands at .5-1.00 NL 50 MTTs 50 $50 HU sngosmiscelaneous mixed games
January results:7,745 hands at .50-1.00NL + 1,284.80419 hands at .50-1.00 NL HU - 194.80748 hands at .25-.50 NL + 63.4538 MTTs + 2,337.6313 satellites - 418.0022 HU sitngos + 245.00Bonus + 44.42 havent figured out rakeback yetTotal: + 3,362.50Overall a very good month even though i didnt play as much as I had originally hoped, and I made a booboo at a final table that could have cost me a few thousand.February Goals:20k hands at .50-1.00 NL or higher if my bankroll supports the move up. This is my main goal, just play a ton of cash hands25 multi table tournaments or moremore heads up play at .50-1.00 to see if im any good at it.I dropped three buy ins today so not the best start to the month but its early.
Jeff Madsen doesn't move all in, he teleports all in
-Jamfly

#38 homnig

homnig

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt's

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:05 PM

gl with everything Jordan. I'm stil unsure of my goals.
"poker is gay

/rant

for real this time."

-Zach

#39 TeeSludge

TeeSludge

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:15 PM

View PostJordan, on Thursday, February 1st, 2007, 2:31 PM, said:

FWIW.I know I haven't been around much, not that it really matters to any of you.- Jordan
It matters to me, Jordan.I care about you...deeply. That is all.

#40 sealster

sealster

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:47 PM

January Results: My January was a huge success, I started out the month with nothing and had just wanted to get my stars roll back to 700-1k and make silverstar. Well after I finally won 215 T$ with FPPs I played cash games and built it pretty well. Then I won back to back PLO8 tourneys which really helped my roll and I ended with over 2.8k and easily made goldstar.February Goals: Just keep building up, I played a lot of 2-7 last month and am getting addicted to it, but damn the swings are brutal. I'm looking to play either a night 162 or the sunday million this month to sort of treat myself since I'm way ahead of where I expected and I've always wanted to play one so hopefully I'll sat in. Just looking for a decent month now that I'm back in school any monetary gain is good enough. The o8 games don't seem as good or exciting to me so I'm thinking about more tourneys, especially trying to get a clue about how to play 5 card and be able to cash in those and a razz one.
1st ever WCOOF bracelet winner, event #1 NL Holdem 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users