#1521 Nikki_N

Nikki_N

FCPHA Angel

• Members
  • 31,865 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO8

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:26 PM

View Postgrocery_mony, on Monday, February 15th, 2010, 11:06 PM, said:

Out of the blue I got a knock on my apartment door tonight. Expecting to answer the door for a solicttor or building management I was kinda taken back when it was a girl from building holding a Starbucks strawberries and cream frap. She immediatly said "I got you a presnt". I was knda just stunned and justsaid thank you very much. She said your welcome and walked away. I am pretty shy and was stunned at the time and know I kinda didnt react the way I should have by introducing myself before she quickly walked away. I dont know which apartment she lives in or really anything about her but i think she obviously wants to get to know me. How should I procede if I see her in the building again?

View Postspeedz99, on Tuesday, February 16th, 2010, 1:44 AM, said:

He'd still be shy if he was gay.The next time you see her around, have this conversation:You: Hey, thanks again for the coffee.Her: You're welcome.You: I'm _______.Her: I'm _______.You: So can I pay you back for the coffee by buying you a drink tonight?Her: Sure.You: How about we meet [the lobby or whatever of the apartment building] at 8?Her: Sounds good.You: Great, see you then.You: Dear FCP, I got the date, what's next?speedz: When you see her in the lobby, have this conversation...
Speedz has good advice. If you don't like the bar idea, your idea of a coffee date or some such is good. Then figure out what kind of hobbies she has (books, museums, sports, games?) and proceed. Unless you find her to be an annoying boor. Then you can lose her number and move away. After you shag her, of course.

View Postvbnautilus, on Tuesday, February 16th, 2010, 1:54 AM, said:

I like this, except shy guys don't do great in nighttime drink/bar scenes. I would repay her in kind with a coffee/daytime date. That, or your dick in a box.
Chix dig it.
Valar Morghulis

#1522 grocery_mony

grocery_mony

^Douchebag^

• Members
  • 9,082 posts
  • Interests:poker,money

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:20 PM

Ok havent seen her again yet. I am going away this weekend for a week. If I dont see her by then I was thinking of putting a note on the bulletin board in the buildings laundry room. I was thinking something like this."Strawberry Frappucino. Thanks again. You kinda caught me by suprise and I would like to properly introduce myslef. I am gone till Febuary 28 but after that please stop by and say hi sometime."Good idea or bad idea?

#1523 vbnautilus

vbnautilus

psychonaut

• Members
  • 10,326 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:33 PM

View Postgrocery_mony, on Thursday, February 18th, 2010, 4:20 PM, said:

Ok havent seen her again yet. I am going away this weekend for a week. If I dont see her by then I was thinking of putting a note on the bulletin board in the buildings laundry room. I was thinking something like this."Strawberry Frappucino. Thanks again. You kinda caught me by suprise and I would like to properly introduce myslef. I am gone till Febuary 28 but after that please stop by and say hi sometime."Good idea or bad idea?
bad idea

#1524 dapokerbum

dapokerbum

The American Dream?

• Members
  • 2,350 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE for now

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:06 PM

View Postvbnautilus, on Thursday, February 18th, 2010, 4:33 PM, said:

bad Horrible idea
FYP
There was madness in any direction, at any hour…You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning…. And that, I think, was the handle-that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting-on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave….So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark-that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

#1525 Nikki_N

Nikki_N

FCPHA Angel

• Members
  • 31,865 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:43 PM

I wouldn't go so far as to say horrible, but I wouldn't do that. Unless she moves away before you get back, you'll run into her again.Good luck.
Valar Morghulis

#1526 fryer98

fryer98

You missed....the EARTH!

• Members
  • 21,711 posts
  • Interests:playing/coaching ice hockey, BARS, this, that, WHAT?
  • Favorite Poker Game:Beeeeeeeeeerains!

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

View Postgrocery_mony, on Thursday, February 18th, 2010, 7:20 PM, said:

"Strawberry Frappucino. Thanks again. You kinda caught me by suprise and I would like to properly introduce myslef. I am gone till Febuary 28 but after that please stop by and say hi sometime."Good idea or bad idea?
If she got you this, maybe she thinks you're gay?Just a thought.

#1527 JubilantLankyLad

JubilantLankyLad

you can't see me!

• Members
  • 9,397 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PANDA

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:06 PM

View Postfryer98, on Friday, February 19th, 2010, 5:49 PM, said:

If she got you this, maybe she thinks you're gay?Just a thought.
this guy thinks outside the box.metaphorically.
there were no special effects, no special effects.

#1528 Nikki_N

Nikki_N

FCPHA Angel

• Members
  • 31,865 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:54 PM

View PostJubilantLankyLad, on Friday, February 19th, 2010, 9:06 PM, said:

this guy thinks outside the box.metaphorically.
Metaphorically is right.He truly loves the box.
Valar Morghulis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users