What Tourneys Does The Protege Get Into?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Orcasgt22

Orcasgt22

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:2-7 NL Single Draw

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:44 PM

I wanna know what the 4 10k tourneys are. Help the uninformed!
Statistics are like Bikini's: They are intresting for what they reveal but crucial for what they conceal

#2 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,922 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:57 PM

View PostOrcasgt22, on Friday, January 19th, 2007, 4:44 PM, said:

I wanna know what the 4 10k tourneys are. Help the uninformed!
The exact tournaments are up to Anthony and Daniel to coordinate schedules.I think the first one that Anthony will play is the WPT event at the Commerce Club
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#3 Naked_Cowboy

Naked_Cowboy

the dynamo of volition

• Members
  • 4,479 posts
  • Interests:playing all your best games

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:04 PM

thank goodness he's such an outgoing, active member of the community and can answer this himself.
~certified bumhunter~

#4 Vatche

Vatche

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:29 PM

View PostNaked_Cowboy, on Tuesday, January 23rd, 2007, 5:04 PM, said:

thank goodness he's such an outgoing, active member of the community and can answer this himself.
i must have missed the part where the rules said you had to be outgoing or an active member of the fcp community to be the protege.

#5 Naked_Cowboy

Naked_Cowboy

the dynamo of volition

• Members
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:36 PM

I would think that someone who won the protege would at least start posting here occasionally, even if he or she wasn't active previous to the win. Someone who's going to be sporting gear that says "Your Online Poker Community" might want to... you know... join the community.I think anthony is a really nice guy and a solid player, but from a marketing perspective, having an absentee protege doesn't help a ton.
~certified bumhunter~

#6 Fidler0

Fidler0

FidPoker

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:12 PM

View PostNaked_Cowboy, on Wednesday, January 24th, 2007, 12:36 AM, said:

I would think that someone who won the protege would at least start posting here occasionally, even if he or she wasn't active previous to the win. Someone who's going to be sporting gear that says "Your Online Poker Community" might want to... you know... join the community.I think anthony is a really nice guy and a solid player, but from a marketing perspective, having an absentee protege doesn't help a ton.
i'd be more than willing to step back in to the Protege roll....fidler=attention whore :club:
TP/MM ?
strike one

#7 fleung22

fleung22

PokerStars Global Events Rep (PokerStars Macau)

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:26 PM

View PostNaked_Cowboy, on Tuesday, January 23rd, 2007, 9:36 PM, said:

I'm with you.Of course it's not a requirement to like FCP or be active on the forum to become the Protege. You become the Protege by winning the tournament. I suppose it may eventually come to a point where someone wins who doesn't even like Daniel but wants the buy-ins and perks.But wouldn't it be nice if somebody like GoBears had won? Somebody we already know and could really care about and support?

#8 dynamoz123

dynamoz123

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:31 PM

Well to tell you guys the truth, I really don't have much to say in the forums. If I wasn't active here before, being the protege is not going to change who I am. Besides the protege forum or topics about it, I really don't have much to contribute. I do lurk around the forums checking Daniel's blog and such sometimes. I don't want to come off as being cold but even the forum that I frequent a lot, I don't post there a whole lot. It's just who I am. Once a play in my first tournament, I'll probably have more to say about my experiences and such. To get on topic, my first tournament I'll be playing will be the L.A. Poker Classic in late February. The other tournaments are still up in the air at this point except for the WSOP where it seems I'll be playing in the main event as well as splitting one of the other 10k buy-ins to play in the smaller events at the WSOP. I've barely talked to Daniel as he's been quite busy playing in tournaments so really nothing new has developed on the protege side of things.P.S. I was finally able to find a temporary job recently if anyone's interested. :club:

#9 Naked_Cowboy

Naked_Cowboy

the dynamo of volition

• Members
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:16 AM

View Postdynamoz123, on Thursday, January 25th, 2007, 9:31 PM, said:

P.S. I was finally able to find a temporary job recently if anyone's interested. :club:
Congrats. Hopefully something more fun than what Fid or I do :D
~certified bumhunter~

#10 dynamoz123

dynamoz123

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:04 PM

Well it's similar, "Income Tax Preparer" is the title of the job...but it's only for the tax season so not too bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users