a situation came up this afternoon in the stars million and i thought someone might have some ideas.say hero's on the button, the blinds are small to medium, and the stacks are equal. say there's four limpers and a really tricky lag player in the SB.would you ever consider limping trash hoping he'll squeeze, and then shoving? would you ever consider limping a monster hoping he'll squeeze and then shoving thinking he can't put you on a hand that big?i did the first this afternoon: limped the button w/ 62 knowing one of the blinds would squeeze and then shoving. i misread the situation (stack sizes) and he had to call w/ any two (J8). though i lost the hand, i thought the play might have some merits.

I love the squeeze late in tournaments against bad LAG's that you know don't want to risk their entire stack.I think the play is very profitable in the right situation... a basic example being with high blinds and a VERY good read.Edit: I, actually, pulled this off live pretty recently. A one table $25 tournament that paid out the top two... ended up extremely short stacked against two big and even stacks. One successful all-in push with an ace and a few blind steals with an ace kept me surviving and built me up to a point where an all-in loss against me would halve their stacks.... which set up a beautiful squeeze. Every small blind that I had an ace, I pushed... and I made the mistake of calling once or twice with the BB pushing back at me to take them away. I, finally, grab a hand in the SB... call, get bet into, and push back just to flip it over and show. That, later, led to doing the same thing with a much smaller holding to take away a significat raise by the BB that was trying to push me off my SB. It's not something that I would suggest anyone to do often... nor is it something I would suggest anyone to do even once a tournament, but it's definitely a play that can be done if your table image is correct and the situation is perfect.

Even if he is tricky and assaults weakness whenever he thinks he can take the pot down - how often will he make that play? Often enough to make up for the times your QQ sees a K A 7 flop in a 5-way pot? If you do it with trash at least you don't lose any value if he doesn't do what you want him to do.

Even if he is tricky and assaults weakness whenever he thinks he can take the pot down - how often will he make that play? Often enough to make up for the times your QQ sees a K A 7 flop in a 5-way pot? If you do it with trash at least you don't lose any value if he doesn't do what you want him to do.
these squeeze plays are the norm and not the exception IMO. maybe i just play so crazy, i think everyone else plays the same.BTW, i'm not worried about having QQ and having the flop come down KA7 in a 7 way pot.

total trash, no, I will never make a play without some value (connected, suited one gappers), unless im desperate and have first in vigorish.monster...no, with a lot of limpers there is much too big a chance of losing the value in the monster when he doesnt squeeze.

I love the squeeze play in cash games alot more than tournaments because you can get away from it in a cash game where as in an online tournament both players are rarely deep enough. That being saidI would NEVER limp a monster on the button after several limpers, Never ever. If the sb is that LAG maybe he will see your button raise as a steal (people who steal alot see more steals, atleast i do) and three bet you.A good rule of thumb for squeezing and or fold equity is you must have 15 bbs to make this play. Otherwise they are getting sufficient odds to call with garbage anyways.

Let's define squeeze play please. I am under the impression sqeeze is someone raises, there is one caller behind and you make a big reraise because the first raiser is loose and has been raising a lot and the caller is ABCish and would have reraised with a stronger hand. People keep saying squeeze here and I don't know if it is the correct term. The situation that I'm talking about is a good play, but is not in my arsenal all that often. Usually online MTTs are just not deepstacked enough to pull off this play plus you need a lot of conditions to be right. I won't try making this play until I'm fairly deep and its bubble time or deeper. In my last 20 or so MTTs I can only think of making this move once. It was on a good MTTer and he said "I knew you'd squeeze," and they both mucked. So I'm 1-1 in squeezes from memory, but they don't come up often.Oh, I completely changed the topic and didn't answer the first question because it seemed pretty ridiculous. If I was the SB I would have a fairly HUGE calling range on your limp/shove. What the hell kind of good hand would you limp after 5 limpers? I can't think of any, so I think doing it would be stupid. Limping with a monster would be even worse.

"squeeze plays" have been rearing their heads here fairly often lately, and I agree, a true squeeze play is a rare bird to arise, and an even rarer bird to work online, because many players are just playing their own two cards with no awareness that the stack behind them covers them, and unaware how tight or loose your normal raising range is.