Quiz Question #24

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Q-3 Off Suit (795 member(s) have cast votes)

What is the Best Play?

1. Fold (350 votes [44.03%])

Percentage of vote: 44.03%

2. Call (23 votes [2.89%])

Percentage of vote: 2.89%

3. Raise to 5,500 (51 votes [6.42%])

Percentage of vote: 6.42%

4. Raise to 10,000 (305 votes [38.36%])

Percentage of vote: 38.36%

5. Go All in (66 votes [8.30%])

Percentage of vote: 8.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 donShere

donShere

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL TExas Holdem

Posted 01 February 2008 - 05:29 AM

Thanks Zach !

#42 PascalBoxem

PascalBoxem

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:playing poker<br />reading poker<br />seeing poker<br />learning poker<br /><br />teaching poker..<br />
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit/No Limit Hold'em

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:37 AM

Since you established a tight image throughout the game,you can seriously consider Raising to 10K.If they're good players, they would have picked up the fact that you only raise with monsterhandsAA and KK's .. So why would they think now, you have something else.If your 10K raise get's called by one of them, you know you're ****ed,and fold.by Raising you think outside the box that they put you in, and be a bigger surprise.You don't give away anything and, still get the chips.So I say.. Raise to 10K.

Don't make friends when you want their money,
Don't make friends when they want your money,
Conclusion:

Don't make friends at the table, Make friends at the bar.

#43 Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Poker,... Poker,... Poker..... what else??
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:47 PM

WOW,.. WOW,.. WOW,.. Why get involved in this in the first place? Man,.. you're sitting on a decent stack and you're going to get yourself involved with this garbage? Pleazzzz come and meet me on my table,.. I can always use some 'free chips'. I would think you'll be getting PLENTY of better oppurtunities than this for making a steal. Who cares if you've got 'good position' with Q-3o,.. if you even do spike the Queen on the flop you're giving yourself a GREAT chance to lose ALOT of chips to gain what in the beginning??? Damn,.. way better moves to be making than this unecessary one.Say you get a call or worse, a push,.. then what??? You gonna lay down the hand and potentially lose your image then,.. lose the oppurtunity to make a steal when you've got at least something to fall back on if you need to play it out. This is just out and out garbage. I'm amazed at the stuff I'm reading here,.. seriously!!! what are your ROI's lookin' like right now? How's your ITM?? Maybe a good chance to look at your game and make some drastic adjustments to it.GL I say,... you're gonna need it. I'll keep trying to rely on skill for now, thanks.

#44 irishmon

irishmon

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:being a bum
  • Favorite Poker Game:any with cards

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:15 AM

why get involved? ur chip leader dont risk your stack on a crap hand! you have no reason nor any money invested in the pot! lay it down and be patient
IRISH BY NAME, IRISH BY NATURE YOU SEXY C*NT

#45 DelftDragons

DelftDragons

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:No limit hold'm

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:12 AM

If the reading of Daniel is on the spot, re-raising could be a move. Very risky though since the original raiser could be desparate enough to go all in for a race.My reading is not as good as Daniels so I would pick a better hand to play with.
www.snelwerkzoeken.nl

#46 Spicy

Spicy

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:01 AM

Hello everyone....this is my first post!Daniel has given you all the information you need to know to make the correct decision here....First....Since you are familiar with the fellow sitting in position before the button who called the 2200....you know that he does not have a strong hand....a large bet by you will scare him away....Second....Because you have raised twice pre flop earlier in the game and showed AA and KK both times....you should take advantage of this by putting up a sizeable bet that will not only scare away the fellow in positon before the button....but it will lead the rest of the players to believe that you are doing it AGAIN....raising pre flop with a monster hand....To raise only to 5500 would be a mistake because it is too easy for the other chip leaders to make that call and it will NOT give you the information you are looking for....you need to find out just how strong your opponents hands are by raising 4 to 5 times the pot....If you get re-raised....then it is time to fold the gay waiter....(Queen with a tray)If you get called....then you better get a damn good looking flop....or just rely on your experience and ability to read the players at the table to decide how to procede....

#47 sm9145

sm9145

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:11 PM

ok i read like the first 5 of these and everyone is saying fold or reraise to 10k. i agree with it being a fold or raise situation in which i think it is a fold spot cause it just isnt worth it unless you're image is so tight that when you do come in with hand there is no way you are getting action which is hardly ever the case. however, why 10k if pot is 6500 and the raise is 2200 i think 8700 gets the same respect as 10k and it saves you some chips if you are reraised. doesn't sound like alot when you have 220k but it could add up if you make a few of these plays that backfire. it also makes it easier to get away from if the shorter stack pushes. 10k looks like a bully raise to me and if i am the button i would be pushing a very wide range over that bet.

#48 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:22 AM

While I think the optimal play is to raise to 10K, my own style advocates a fold most of the time. I think the timing is pretty good here for thie re-raise to 10K, however.
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#49 LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:H.O.R.S.E

Posted 14 June 2008 - 06:49 PM

I would stick with your current image as a tight player, especially if both players are mid range stacks and your a chip leader. Few players would risk more money unless they have a premium hand from a raise of 10K. If you fold, it does nothing, you stay stagnant, and one of these players might get stronger in the long run. I would take a risk and raise it to 10K, simply for the fact that both players will likely fold their hands because of more psychological reasons; your a chip leader, you can afford an all in call, and you don't play marginal hands often.

#50 pokerguru00000

pokerguru00000

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:57 AM

I answer to this sceario I think fold is the option. Why get involved when your chip leader in a late position. You dont need to try a risky bluff here especially since they are likely to call the bluff anyway. *waits fo rnext hand

#51 LaLepra

LaLepra

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:52 AM

mmmmmmmm.... fold or raise 10k?, i think the best way to go is to push the MP all in or just fold.

#52 CalvinTau

CalvinTau

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:23 PM

Blind info would be useful here. ( :club: I pretended that the question said SB had 150K stack and BB had 30K stack)Im late in the game (so the poll results are visable up top). But this was read aloud and discussed with the roomates and they did not have the benefit of that info- nor did I give any indication.It was split, one roomate opting to fold, one roomate opting to raise to 10,000, and I argued raising to 5500 just to see if I preferred that option given that we all like to play hands on the flop.The 10K won us out when he pointed out that raising to 10K made the rest of the hand a cake walk because if either one or both opponents called they would either have to give up or commit themselves on the flop, so our post flop decisions are way easier with the 7800 raise than 3300. Also- obv fold equity is greater with the 7800 rr.Also the difference between bluffing with 5500 and losing it, or losing 10K to a bluff is pretty negligible to our stack size and overall EV in the tournament.

#53 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

Go Niners

• Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:21 PM

fold. if I squeeze here I would want a suited connector, not Q3o which is a garbage hand especially out of position.

#54 Slippers

Slippers

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Holdem

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:27 AM

Simples!Pop it up to 10k. It's obvious from the question that neither player has much of a holding and probably very unwilling to commit their entire stack with a K-10/6-7. Bumping it up to 10k has a couple of good benefits:-* You have show in the past that you are a tight player, the initial raiser and the caller are very aware that you are only betting with premium hands and are therefor very likely to lay down mediocre holdings.* your bet of 10k is the perfect amount to test both these stacks, basically you are telling them that if they want chance to win this pot they are going to have to commit all their chips.* If one of them does happen to have a hidden monster and push all in you can still get away from the Q3. Even with the pot odds, I think this would be an easy lay down.Raising to 5k wouldn't be enough to get both the payers out and only a Q high rainbow flop is gonna save you after the limper calls once again.

#55 nas061000

nas061000

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Limits Texas Hold'em

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:08 PM

This is about a 50% split between raise and fold. Queen three is pretty weak, but then again these two people are desperate. There is one caller already who is also short stack and two ahead of you who may call/reraise. I would fold and let them duke it out.

#56 Slippers

Slippers

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Holdem

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:43 AM

There is no way I would fold this hand, considering the read on the two players in the pot and the chance to pick up a few extra chips. you are only gonna get called/re-raised from the blinds with a monster after a bet, call, re-raise. Especially with your tight image.

#57 pokernut75

pokernut75

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:nlh

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:43 PM

:club: i love this forum..alot of good info

#58 Caturday

Caturday

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:46 AM

Well i knew raise to 10K was the right thing to do, but in reality i'd fold, your table image can't decide the cards your opponent is holding.But oh well, knowing the right thing to do is one thing!

#59 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Hold 'Em

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:24 AM

I would say fold. Your one of the chip leaders so there's no need to get too tricky with your plays.Your read could be off and cost you a bit of stack. It really depends on how good your opponents are. Do they know that you only reraise with monsters?
Follow my bankroll progress:

$50 to $1,000, Can I do it?

#60 IDontDoLogic

IDontDoLogic

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL/L Hold'em

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:27 AM

Q 3 off, I believe has way to little potential to play with. If it was like 6-5 suited, it's one thing, but not Q 3 off.I'd fold, but I'm pretty narrow minded when it comes to these things, with not many players left... Which maybe is why I'll never be good for real :club:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users