• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#1 rwood

rwood

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 05:17 PM

i know it's a few hours early, but i really wanted to start it. November was good for me, as i cleared my goal by the 21st. i played very little the last 9 days... i finished november + 3,962.xxmy goal for this month is the same, 3k. i should aim for 4k but dec. is always so busy. i'd also like to say GL to iggy on getting back on track. GL to everyone else this month also.

#2 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

The Outlier

• Members
  • 10,379 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold 'Em, Crazy Pineapple, 2-7 TD

Posted 30 November 2006 - 06:43 PM

Hoping to get in a bit of play tonight as I shouldn't be able to play much over the weekend. Not sure I can beat my November with December without some MTT luck. My goal is to actually take some shots at 5/10 NL for the first time.

#3 Donnydied

Donnydied

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 07:25 PM

My goal is to win some money in side games, but if I keep losing to start spending all of my time on sitngos and MTT's. Goal money wise a 1k month.November was fine, didn't do good in side games. Won my first $11 180 on stars and got 6th out of 749 in a $22 tournament

#4 erac22

erac22

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:Magic Hat #9
  • Favorite Poker Game:Soft ones

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:18 PM

After an atrocious first 2.5 weeks of november, I finally broke even and then some, ending up around 14k. I should be able to play a lot in December, especially once I go on break on the 17th or so, so I'll set my goals kinda high: I'd like to be 3 tabling 5/10 nl for most of the month, making around 20k. Maybe I'll play some of the big Sunday tournies once I'm on break. if so a cash would be nice.erac
I like you, do you like me?

#5 Abbaddabba

Abbaddabba

breaking even like it's 1999

• Members
  • 5,225 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:21 PM

December goals:20k hands.+$6k.November goals / results:Goal: 25k hands. Results: 23k hands.Goal: $6,000. Results: $7,000.

#6 Al Smooth

Al Smooth

I Piss Excellence

• Members
  • 1,213 posts
  • Interests:Sports, poker
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Tournys, 50/100 LHE

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:39 PM

OK, my first full month of cash games is officially over and here are the results.5367 hands, 53.03 hours played +$51,137Win rates: 15/30 - 16.19 BB/100 50/100 - 9.81 BB/100 100/200 - 15.32 BB/100Goals for December:- Play a minimum of 4500 hands at 50/100 and 100/200 combined- Maintain a winrate of at least 5-6 BB/100 for the month at those levels

>> Click here to visit my Blog <<

PMJackson21 - "Poker is retarded"

#7 jjdylan

jjdylan

murray.....present.

• Members
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:18 PM

December Goals:Play 15k handsWin $1k +Should be pretty attainable for me, but after the mess that was November, who knows.
- Jay

Where i complain about poker: http://jjdylan.blogspot.com/ (actually updated!)

#8 iggymcfly

iggymcfly

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,654 posts
  • Interests:Poker, football, sitting on my ass

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:29 AM

Those are some f*cking insane winrates Al. I really don't think they're sustainable though. If they are, I guess you're just 100x the player I am. It's pretty easy to run hot for an extended time in LHE though. Without being insulting, I think maintaining 5-6 BB/100 over the long haul is pretty unlikely. I do sincerely wish you good luck though. If you can beat the 100/200 game for 1-2 BB/100 in the long term, that's quite an accomplishment and one which 99.9% of the poker world would be quite envious of.As for me, my goal for December is to still be playing poker when January comes and not working some sh*tty menial job somewhere. I've got about $900 going into the month, so I guess a $5,000 BR will be my "high end goal". Pretty sad compared to where I was, but if I do get to $5,000 by New Year's, it shouldn't be that hard to get back to my old financial levels in another month or two. Who knows, maybe I'll luckbox a donkament and take a shortcut.
Lady luck's my fuck-buddy.

#9 navybuttons

navybuttons

What?

• Members
  • 5,117 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Diamonds

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:38 AM

get my ROI up to 30% after 300 games.win a pot in the side games.
if you're not playing the notes in front of you it's not mozart.

#10 Al Smooth

Al Smooth

I Piss Excellence

• Members
  • 1,213 posts
  • Interests:Sports, poker
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Tournys, 50/100 LHE

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:01 AM

View Postiggymcfly, on Friday, December 1st, 2006, 12:29 AM, said:

Those are some f*cking insane winrates Al. I really don't think they're sustainable though. If they are, I guess you're just 100x the player I am. It's pretty easy to run hot for an extended time in LHE though. Without being insulting, I think maintaining 5-6 BB/100 over the long haul is pretty unlikely. I do sincerely wish you good luck though. If you can beat the 100/200 game for 1-2 BB/100 in the long term, that's quite an accomplishment and one which 99.9% of the poker world would be quite envious of.
I guess I'll just have to play it out and see. If I don't reach my goals but can remain profitable I'll still be happy. Like I said...the goal is 5-6 BB/100, in November I outperformed that by a huge margin, and I'm sure at some point I'll run bad and have a bad month, but I'm a believer in setting lofty goals and then taking them down. I wouldn't have done the things in my life I've done if I wasn't that way.

>> Click here to visit my Blog <<

PMJackson21 - "Poker is retarded"

#11 mikeysong

mikeysong

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:42 AM

I DID NOT DO JACK SQUAT.Goal in Nov. was to reach 8k brbr now: just about 5k. Have to see with rakeback.But it was a good month. I think I finally fixed some major leaks, not with my game but personality. No more urges to take shots out of my br to get even or donk it up at blackjack. Hit a nice 250bb rush this past week :DGoal for Dec: 10k Br. I want to make an extra 5k from 3/6 sh lhe as my primary source of incomeTotally doable. I wanna prove to myself that it's possible to make $100 per hour 5-6tabling 3/6 sh lhe.

#12 TheCinciKid

TheCinciKid

Micro Limit Superstar

• Members
  • 3,452 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Baseball, Poker, The Bengals, Poker, Golf, Poker, Movies, Poker, Fantasy Sports, and a little Politics and Current Events.
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em

Posted 01 December 2006 - 05:09 AM

Goal for December: Make Money in cash games. Primarily LHE, I'll probably be playing mostly 1/2 6-max on FullTilt and 4-tabling, which was actually not as hard as I expected it to be when I did it. Hopefully I can make some money at it for once. I'd also like to avoid taking any shots at NL cash games which are a flat out money drain for me right now. Win money and get better at Stud8 and FT a tournament.
"If you're too careful, your whole life can become a ****in' grind." - Mike McDermott, Rounders

my (resurrected) poker blog:
http://cincikid.blogspot.com

#13 trystero

trystero

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 05:22 AM

View PostTheCinciKid, on Friday, December 1st, 2006, 8:09 AM, said:

I'd also like to avoid taking any shots at NL cash games which are a flat out money drain for me right now.
What limits do you play ? $50?

#14 TheCinciKid

TheCinciKid

Micro Limit Superstar

• Members
  • 3,452 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Baseball, Poker, The Bengals, Poker, Golf, Poker, Movies, Poker, Fantasy Sports, and a little Politics and Current Events.
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em

Posted 01 December 2006 - 05:45 AM

View Posttrystero, on Friday, December 1st, 2006, 8:22 AM, said:

What limits do you play ? $50?
When I decide to donk off some cash I usually do so at a $50 NL table, though I've been known to take (usually disastrous) shots at $100 NL as well. It usually follows a pattern something like this. Play tight for a while...win a couple of small pots, lose a little money not flopping a set or a big hand/draw with a suited connector...flop a draw and semi-bluff off a bunch of chips, then bluff off more when I miss the river, or just straight up bluff off a bunch of chips...get frustrated and throw the rest of my money in on a really stupid hand in a dumb spot, like running KQ into AA all-in on a flop of 578. Or, there's the put all my money in with two pair and lose to a set or flopped straight scenario which seems to happen a lot. In other words, I really suck.
"If you're too careful, your whole life can become a ****in' grind." - Mike McDermott, Rounders

my (resurrected) poker blog:
http://cincikid.blogspot.com

#15 element2122

element2122

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 08:32 AM

Came up short of my goal last month to win 1,000. Did clear 5k, which was nice, but still have a lot of work left to do to hit 10k. Currently at about $5200.Goals for Dec:1. Earn $700 total (bonuses included) at .50/1 NL2. Not gonna take any shots at 1/2 NL until my bankroll is higher. I generally try and stick to a 50 buy in rule. Really hurts the sack to take a beat or two at a higher limit. 3. Keep trucking toward getting the roll up to 10k. 4. Um, no playing drunk? Well, I'll be honest with myself, maybe that's a little too lofty of a goal. I'll just try to stick to either playing smash strat when i've been boozing, or at the very least, dropping in limits.

#16 WhiteSpade

WhiteSpade

2009 FCHL2 Champion

• Members
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 09:20 AM

In November I turned my focus off of Party and on to Stars, playing 180's for the most part. After 125 180's my ROI is 120%. For December, my goal is to keep above 100%. I'm anxious to see what kind of ROI I can sustain, as 125 180's is such a small sample size.

#17 KDawgCometh

KDawgCometh

old skool

• Members
  • 15,174 posts
  • Interests:poker(duh), soccer, football, rugby, music, and film

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:02 AM

goal- go from almost busto, to robusto. I don't want to put any monetary totals, but to just have a decent winning month and get in 25K+ handsI'll repeat this from the november thread, but if anyone wants to coach me at NL, I'm all ears. i don't have much $$$ right now due to me sucking all of a sudden at poker, but I'm sure that something can be worked out
Wine Notes for those that care about such pretentious things

#18 Abbaddabba

Abbaddabba

breaking even like it's 1999

• Members
  • 5,225 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:15 AM

Those are some f*cking insane winrates Al. I really don't think they're sustainable though. If they are, I guess you're just 100x the player I am.
He'd also be 5x the player that the biggest winner in the game is.

#19 meservery

meservery

I've climbed the stairway to maturity!

• Members
  • 1,539 posts
  • Interests:Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Cho Chang, etc.
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:01 PM

November Results

Stay away from online cash games for a while and rebuild BR through $10 sit-n-gos.
Nope. Sit-n-gos are boring. Broke even playing 45 player $5 SNGs on Stars.

Make 3 final tables in MTTs.
Just one... but it was a big one.

Make the final table of an FCP Strat Tourney. LOL.
Only when the tourney got 4 players total... not the usual 12-14. ISAP.

Avoid 3rd consecutive losing month.
Success on the last day of November

Get a legit fantasy hockey goalie!!!
My team is god-awful.***December Goals:Win the $3 Rebuy on Stars.Clear my bonus on FCP by playing .25/.50 No limit.Hopefully get a chance to sit with DN during the Neg-O... and bust him.And on another note, thanks FCP for all the help/advice!!!

#20 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,126 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:01 PM

View PostKDawgCometh, on Friday, December 1st, 2006, 2:02 PM, said:

goal- go from almost busto, to robusto.
me too.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users