#1 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 32,552 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 23 November 2006 - 07:07 AM

Posted ImageColour CodeRed = OT PlayerGreen = I have a defenseman available from that teamBlue = I have a forward available from that teamYellow = I have those goalies availableHere's the challenge.
  • Submit what you feel will be the best lineup for the Canadian Gothic. I'm not expecting to win this game, but what lineup do you feel will give me the highest score? Be sure to indicate an OT player as it may be required to break any ties.
  • You can choose to play for fun or to play for money. Please indicate your choice. $5.00 is the amount if you choose to play for money. The entry that would have accumulated the best score takes all. Tie breakers are determined in the same manner as AHL rules.
  • Please honour your wager should you choose to play for money and lose.
Here is the list of players and goalies I have available for this game:ForwardsP. J. Axelsson - Boston BruinsAnson Carter - Columbus Blue JacketsKyle Calder - Philadelphia FlyersOwen Nolan - Phoenix CoyotesTodd White - Minnesota WildNils Ekman - Pittsburgh PenguinsMike York - New York IslandersBarry Tallackson - New Jersey DevilsDarcy Tucker - Toronto Maple LeafsMikael Samuelsson - Detroit Red WingsGary Roberts - Florida PanthersDefensemenMilan Jurcina - Boston BruinsZbynek Michalek - Phoenix CoyotesKeith Carney - Minnesota WildBrad Lukowich - New Jersey DevilsSteve Eminger - Washington CapitalsChristoph Schubert - Ottawa SenatorsJanne Niinimaa - Montreal CanadiensCorey Sarich - Tampa Bay LightningKevin Dallman - Los Angeles Kings*NOTE: My Buffalo d-man is Henrik Tallinder and is not available as he is on injured reserve.GoaliesBoston BruinsAnaheim DucksOttawa SenatorsPlease post any questions in this thread. The DEADLINE to submit your entry whether it be for fun or money is Friday, November 24th at 11:00am EST.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#2 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 40,350 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 07:12 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Thursday, November 23rd, 2006, 7:07 AM, said:

Posted ImageColour CodeRed = OT PlayerGreen = I have a defenseman available from that teamBlue = I have a forward available from that teamYellow = I have those goalies availableHere's the challenge.
  • Submit what you feel will be the best lineup for the Canadian Gothic. I'm not expecting to win this game, but what lineup do you feel will give me the highest score? Be sure to indicate an OT player as it may be required to break any ties.
  • You can choose to play for fun or to play for money. Please indicate your choice. $5.00 is the amount if you choose to play for money. The entry that would have accumulated the best score takes all. Tie breakers are determined in the same manner as AHL rules.
  • Please honour your wager should you choose to play for money and lose.
Here is the list of players and goalies I have available for this game:ForwardsP. J. Axelsson - Boston BruinsAnson Carter - Columbus Blue JacketsKyle Calder - Philadelphia FlyersOwen Nolan - Phoenix CoyotesTodd White - Minnesota WildNils Ekman - Pittsburgh PenguinsMike York - New York IslandersBarry Tallackson - New Jersey DevilsDarcy Tucker - Toronto Maple LeafsMikael Samuelsson - Detroit Red WingsGary Roberts - Florida PanthersDefensemenMilan Jurcina - Boston BruinsZbynek Michalek - Phoenix CoyotesKeith Carney - Minnesota WildBrad Lukowich - New Jersey DevilsSteve Eminger - Washington CapitalsChristoph Schubert - Ottawa SenatorsJanne Niinimaa - Montreal CanadiensCorey Sarich - Tampa Bay LightningKevin Dallman - Los Angeles Kings*NOTE: My Buffalo d-man is Henrik Tallinder and is not available as he is on injured reserve.GoaliesBoston BruinsAnaheim DucksOttawa SenatorsPlease post any questions in this thread. The DEADLINE to submit your entry whether it be for fun or money is Friday, November 24th at 11:00am EST.
I think this is great...however its a conflict of interest if I enter...As I want you to lose your game and get least amount of pts..but wow..nice idea
I am a huge Leafs fan, I am not going to apologize for my love of the greatest team on earth.
GO LEAFS GO

#3 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 32,552 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 07:34 AM

View Postserge, on Thursday, November 23rd, 2006, 10:12 AM, said:

I think this is great...however its a conflict of interest if I enter...As I want you to lose your game and get least amount of pts..but wow..nice idea
It's not a conflict of interest because I'm submitting my own lineup. I'm not soliciting advice. You can submit what you feel would be my best lineup and still hope for me to lose.I'm fairly certain Screamin' Eagles will take this one.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#4 gruven

gruven

The Poker Show on Sportsnet Radio Fan590

• Members
  • 8,525 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 07:38 AM

I'm in::::::::::: $5 it is.....Canadian GruveStangs Thieving EaglesForwardsAnson Carter- COLUMBUS (OT)Todd White- MINNESOTANils Ekman- PITTSBURGHDarcy Tucker-TORONTOMike York-ISLANDERSGary Roberts-BOB'S GERIATRIC CENTREDefenseMilan Jurcina-BOSTONSteve Eminger- WASHINGTONCorey Sarich- Tampa BayChristopher Schubert- OTTAWAGoaliesAnaheim
The Poker Show on Sportsnet Fan590

The Rick Tocchet Experience
Proud Member Since October 2008

#5 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 40,350 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 07:38 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Thursday, November 23rd, 2006, 7:34 AM, said:

It's not a conflict of interest because I'm submitting my own lineup. I'm not soliciting advice. You can submit what you feel would be my best lineup and still hope for me to lose.I'm fairly certain Screamin' Eagles will take this one.
Ok I will enter...have my picks later tonite...
I am a huge Leafs fan, I am not going to apologize for my love of the greatest team on earth.
GO LEAFS GO

#6 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 32,552 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 07:46 AM

$5.001. Kyle Calder - PHI2. Anson Carter - CBJ3. Darcy Tucker - TOR4. Mikael Samuelsson - DET OT5. Gary Roberts - FLA6. Nils Ekman - PIT7. Zbynek Michalek - PHX8. Christoph Schubert - OTT9. Steve Eminger - WAS10. Kevin Dallman - LOSG - Anaheim Ducks

#7 Ribeiro63

Ribeiro63

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Omaha 8

Posted 23 November 2006 - 11:01 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Thursday, November 23rd, 2006, 11:46 AM, said:

$5.001. Kyle Calder - PHI2. Anson Carter - CBJ3. Darcy Tucker - TOR4. Mikael Samuelsson - DET OT5. Gary Roberts - FLA6. Nils Ekman - PIT7. Zbynek Michalek - PHX8. Christoph Schubert - OTT9. Steve Eminger - WAS10. Janne Niinimaa - MTLG - Anaheim Ducks
Janne Niinimaa won't play. Mathieu Dandenault and Francis Bouillon are back from injuries.Carbonneau also clearly stated that Mark Streit is their 7th defenseman at the moment.

#8 Belanger25

Belanger25

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 11:35 AM

Fowards1. Darcy Tucker OT- 2(1g 2a)2. Nils Ekman- 03. Gary Roberts- 2.5(2g 1a)4. Anson Carter- 05. Todd White- 1(2a)6. Mike York- 0Defenseman1. Steve Eminger- 02. Milan Jurcina- 03. Kevin Dallman- 04. Zbynek Michalek- 0GoaliesAnaheim -1No money because I'm too lazy to send it to you if I lose.Currently at 4.5 Only Dallman still playing.
Jack Johnson cannot play defense.

#9 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 32,552 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 01:51 PM

View PostRibeiro63, on Thursday, November 23rd, 2006, 2:01 PM, said:

Janne Niinimaa won't play. Mathieu Dandenault and Francis Bouillon are back from injuries.Carbonneau also clearly stated that Mark Streit is their 7th defenseman at the moment.
That's okay, I have untill 11:00am tomorrow to edit it.

#10 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 32,552 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 06:37 AM

Kevin Dallman replaces Janne Niinimaa

#11 gruven

gruven

• Members
  • 8,525 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 06:50 AM

Corey Sarich replaces Janne Niinimaa And I'm replacing the Nashville equipment guy with the Atlanta equipment guy, but I'm sticking with the Edmonton Zamboni driver.

#12 gruven

gruven

• Members
  • 8,525 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 05:49 PM

How am I doing?

#13 Belanger25

Belanger25

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 07:31 PM

View Postgruven, on Friday, November 24th, 2006, 5:49 PM, said:

How am I doing?
If I am right since you had the same offensive lineup then me and our only 2 differences were on the point you are at +5.5Schubert and Sarich have assists so thats +1 over me at 4.5

#14 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 32,552 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 08:22 PM

View Postgruven, on Friday, November 24th, 2006, 8:49 PM, said:

How am I doing?
I owe you $5.Sarich with a point. Lukowich with a point. Schubert with a point. The big guns were firing tonight.A quick count but the final score looks like...Canadian Gothic 4Screamin' Eagles 1.5Lucky again tonight I guess. :club:

#15 Belanger25

Belanger25

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 08:40 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Friday, November 24th, 2006, 8:22 PM, said:

I owe you $5.Sarich with a point. Lukowich with a point. Schubert with a point. The big guns were firing tonight.A quick count but the final score looks like...Canadian Gothic 4Screamin' Eagles 1.5Lucky again tonight I guess. :club:
It would have been a Pain in the *** to send me 5 Bucks all the way to California. As well as me sending you 5 in Canada.

#16 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 32,552 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 08:50 PM

View PostBelanger25, on Friday, November 24th, 2006, 11:40 PM, said:

It would have been a Pain in the *** to send me 5 Bucks all the way to California. As well as me sending you 5 in Canada.
It was winner take all so Chris would have been waiting anxiously at the post office for your $5. :club:

#17 Belanger25

Belanger25

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 09:01 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Friday, November 24th, 2006, 8:50 PM, said:

It was winner take all so Chris would have been waiting anxiously at the post office for your $5. :club:
Winner Take all. Pshhh that's the worst Idea I've seen or heard since the Kings put Dallman at Center.

#18 gruven

gruven

• Members
  • 8,525 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 09:03 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Friday, November 24th, 2006, 8:50 PM, said:

To be fair I would have covered the FEDEX overnight courier charges to get the 5 bucks delivered from Belanger...... That was fun, and a great idea Dale.... you could take SO many factors into consideration.... I know I bust chops, but I admire the work you, and Serge, Daniel, Nate... all you AHL'ers... do in this pool. It's certainly one of the better pools I've ever seen (which is why I pushed the idea of Daniel doing his story on the AHL in the Hockey News). Anyway, keep up the good work, and I'd kick all your asses if I was in your pool. (the preceding statement was a fabrication).

#19 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 32,552 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 09:14 PM

View Postgruven, on Saturday, November 25th, 2006, 12:03 AM, said:

To be fair I would have covered the FEDEX overnight courier charges to get the 5 bucks delivered from Belanger...... That was fun, and a great idea Dale.... you could take SO many factors into consideration.... I know I bust chops, but I admire the work you, and Serge, Daniel, Nate... all you AHL'ers... do in this pool. It's certainly one of the better pools I've ever seen (which is why I pushed the idea of Daniel doing his story on the AHL in the Hockey News). Anyway, keep up the good work, and I'd kick all your asses if I was in your pool. (the preceding statement was a fabrication).
Thanks. It is a great pool. Maybe FCP will look into that betting feature Nate was talking about once they get the poker thingy working smoothly.

#20 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 12,807 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 24 November 2006 - 10:38 PM

sorry i missed it, great idea DM. I'd be in this next time, my fin ready in my hand to pass out at the end of the night!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users