• This topic is locked This topic is locked
121 replies to this topic

#41 llou

llou

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:13 AM

:club: Congratulations to the FCP team for getting the new site up and running. While we all know there are a few bugs to work out, the team must have been working very hard these last few weeks to bring it this far. Thank you, guys.I had no problems downloading the software, logging on, transferring my money from the cashier account to the poker account, taking a seat, etc. The people there were quite happy to hear (from me) that additional players for the network were on the way and they made me feel quite welcome. I also left their table with a few of their chips -- I consider that a good omen.Here is my high priority list as a lowly micro-limit player:1. Make it a little easier to follow the action and stay aware of the size of your chip stack, how many chips other people have, etc. Things like the placement of buttons and cards make a difference.2. If no one is sitting in a specific seat, there should be no avatar there. It's hard enough to follow the game without having to look closely to figure out how many people are playing.3. Don't have it make noise to remind you to play quite so soon. I kept getting beeps and bells that were driving me crazy -- and I was only playing 1 table!4. I was happy to see that the new network will have micro-limit games. Keep that and include them in games other than hold 'em. Give some of us micro-limit players a chance to learn some new games. I like learning new games -- but I am not going to move up 2 or 3 levels to try a game I have never played before. Those tables may sit empty a lot, but at least give them a chance to catch on with the players. Perhaps some of the higher level players would be willing to sit at those tables now and then to draw in some of us newbies to those games -- thereby creating new fish for them to feed off from later when we move higher up the food chain.5. Include micro-limit tourneys -- again, so us small potatoes players can learn to play tourneys without worrying about the money we lose in the process. Take a look at the fee structure to assure that the top finishers make a profit. I know the site doesn't make much profit on such tourneys , but after learning to play at the micro-limits, many people will move up to higher levels.6. Lobby chat.7. The ability to use function keys for checking, folding, betting, etc.Thanks for listening,llou

#42 Dr_Shakes

Dr_Shakes

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Basketball, Sports betting

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:17 AM

I don't know if someone mentioned this but I don't like that the minimized window is highlighted even when I am not expected to act. At another site the window minimized window flashes when the action is on me and I can then click open it and act. On the new site it pops up automatically (maybe you can change the settings) cause I accidently folded a good hand when I was doing something else and it got in my way. Short version have the minmized window blink when my turn don't just pop it up.
Phil Hellmuth: You got me again Phil. I don't mind.
Guess what? We're gonna play again when it means something by the way.
Phil Ivey: Just come on down to the Bellagio. It's real simple.

#43 Naked_Cowboy

Naked_Cowboy

the dynamo of volition

• Members
  • 4,479 posts
  • Interests:playing all your best games

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:11 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Wednesday, November 22nd, 2006, 8:35 AM, said:

Since ths is a new site, shouldn't we have a new protege tournament, just cancel the last one and start over?7 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)2 Members: Balloon guy, Naked_CowboyOh sorry NC
fair enough. as long as i get to keep my plane tickets to the bahamas!
~certified bumhunter~

#44 llou

llou

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:07 AM

I just had a little problem playing that I thought I should mention just in case it is a software glitch that could cause someone real problems someday.I was only playing .02 - .04 so there were only pennies involved. (No compensation needed.)Anyway ... When it was my turn to bet, I did so promply. The action buttons disappeared as they should. However, I got the message that I needed the bet and the warning that I would soon be timed out for slow play. I could not physically bet because I had already done so, causing the action buttons to disappear from the screen.I thought I had gotten disconnected ... but when I typed a message in the chat window, it appeard as it should. Eventually, I was timed out for slow play and I had to post to get back in. It was probably a momentary disconnection -- but I'm not sure. It was strange. If I was truly disconnected, why did I continue to receive the warning messages that I needed to bet? Why did my chat still work? And I never did anything to get reconnected. It was just strange and awkward.Anyway ... as there was no real money involved, it was no big deal. But I thought I ought to give everyone a "heads up" in case it becomes a recurrent problem.Another issue ... The action button for "check" is in the same location as the one for "call" after another player bets. On 2 occassions I was trying to click on the check button in advance at the same time another player bet as I was in the process of acting. It registered as a "call" instead of "check" and I ended up calling when I would have folded. So, you have to be real careful using the advanced action buttons.

#45 DRskateNT

DRskateNT

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Taking your money

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:12 AM

HORSE tourneys and cash games, Stud High- Lo Regular , Triple Draw
Come and See me at Bodog.com

#46 goin'irish

goin'irish

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:nl hold'em

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:14 AM

On the NL tables, the blinds have increased in relation to the maximun buy in.The $25 max table used to have blinds of .10 - .25, now it is .25 - .50.All other limits have doubled the blind, which makes the buy in only 50 times the BB, not asd it used to be 100 times the BB.This creates more of a shoot out table, and not a deep stack NL game, as most NL players would preferr.Thanks

#47 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,936 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 12:50 PM

View Postgoin'irish, on Wednesday, November 22nd, 2006, 2:14 PM, said:

On the NL tables, the blinds have increased in relation to the maximun buy in.The $25 max table used to have blinds of .10 - .25, now it is .25 - .50.All other limits have doubled the blind, which makes the buy in only 50 times the BB, not asd it used to be 100 times the BB.This creates more of a shoot out table, and not a deep stack NL game, as most NL players would preferr.Thanks
Hi Irish, that will be changed to 100 times the BB for max buy in.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#48 joe_13

joe_13

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 02:12 PM

Mac version please.......Please?

#49 Rhizomorph

Rhizomorph

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 02:12 PM

View PostFCP Info, on Wednesday, November 22nd, 2006, 3:50 PM, said:

Hi Irish, that will be changed to 100 times the BB for max buy in.
FCPInfo - do you envision any of these changes/modifications being implemented before the "official" launch (i.e. during this beta period)? How about by the launch?

#50 WonderfulSplash

WonderfulSplash

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 02:42 PM

I know its all been said, but the software sucks *** so ill chime in. Things that we've been talking about for two months that apparently weren't important enough to address:1. Resizable tables or some kind of mini-view!! Absolutely ridiculous that the software was released without this. If you play at multiple sites it is ESSENTIAL to smooth game play.2. Hand histories that weren't designed for maximum inconvenience? Maybe something radical like a one-step process that every other competitive site has. 3. Ever-present avatars: They are already bulky and ugly as hell, can we at least have them leave when no one is sitting there?4. Sliding bet bar that increases by increments of the blinds.5. Tourney lobbies: Haven't seen them in action yet so maybe improvements were made. Being able to see a list of all chip counts as well as where a player is seated without going to the website is very important. 6. Going to the FCP website every time I want to do something (ie. casher) sucks. How often do I go to Pokerstars.com when I play at stars? Never. 7. Simple tourney stats that I can view from the tourney table. Yet another feature that separates good sites (Stars, UB, FT) from bad that FCP lacks.8. Hot Button keys. You took away one of the only nice things from ongame...lol :club: 9. Better game selection; HORSE, razz, ect10. Software that doesn't make me feel like I'm in a cartoon. Were playing for money here, at least make it look professional.I would cut you guys some more slack because I know your under crazy pressure/deadlines, but when it's this bad and almost NOTHING was done to change problems from ongame, I wonder how thought was put into any of the original suggestions. /End rant.

#51 loonybird

loonybird

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:02 PM

View PostWonderfulSplash, on Wednesday, November 22nd, 2006, 5:42 PM, said:

I know its all been said, but the software sucks *** so ill chime in. Things that we've been talking about for two months that apparently weren't important enough to address:1. Resizable tables or some kind of mini-view!! Absolutely ridiculous that the software was released without this. If you play at multiple sites it is ESSENTIAL to smooth game play.2. Hand histories that weren't designed for maximum inconvenience? Maybe something radical like a one-step process that every other competitive site has. 3. Ever-present avatars: They are already bulky and ugly as hell, can we at least have them leave when no one is sitting there?4. Sliding bet bar that increases by increments of the blinds.5. Tourney lobbies: Haven't seen them in action yet so maybe improvements were made. Being able to see a list of all chip counts as well as where a player is seated without going to the website is very important. 6. Going to the FCP website every time I want to do something (ie. casher) sucks. How often do I go to Pokerstars.com when I play at stars? Never. 7. Simple tourney stats that I can view from the tourney table. Yet another feature that separates good sites (Stars, UB, FT) from bad that FCP lacks.8. Hot Button keys. You took away one of the only nice things from ongame...lol :club: 9. Better game selection; HORSE, razz, ect10. Software that doesn't make me feel like I'm in a cartoon. Were playing for money here, at least make it look professional.I would cut you guys some more slack because I know your under crazy pressure/deadlines, but when it's this bad and almost NOTHING was done to change problems from ongame, I wonder how thought was put into any of the original suggestions. /End rant.
^^^Everything he said except #9. Let's get all of these crazy user interface issues resolved first.

#52 gimeabrak

gimeabrak

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:poker, food, wine, cooking, football<br />travel and dancing LOve THE BAHAMAS<br />Chargers Rock
  • Favorite Poker Game:hold em

Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:03 PM

maybe it is me, but on the old site, all i had to do is right click on the player to make notesi looked everywhere how do i make notes on the other playersthanks

#53 frizzak

frizzak

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:12 PM

the reason i played here all the time was because i liked i..bring back the old way or i for one am out....this sucks...

#54 jjdylan

jjdylan

murray.....present.

• Members
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:12 PM

View PostWonderfulSplash, on Wednesday, November 22nd, 2006, 2:42 PM, said:

Everything he said. Especially #1,2,3,6 & 10!
- Jay

Where i complain about poker: http://jjdylan.blogspot.com/ (actually updated!)

#55 chaosnhavoc

chaosnhavoc

I'm a Winner Baby

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:38 AM

I know its just the beginning, but I have to ask this: What is the anticipated average amount of players at night (PT time). Right now as I type I see 4 possible tournies, and 351 people sitting in Cash games. Trust me I understand that everything is being done to continue us US players the ability to play, but with the broad range of bankrolls that the original FCP Members have, 351 people on late nite is not a good thing.Also I support CFINNS suggestions on the changes that need to be made. Please let us know on what future plans and projected numbers are as soon as possible, this will help us all sleep better at nite.Long Live FCP!Chaos
**** off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.- Tyler Durden

#56 bdc30

bdc30

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,407 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 01:07 AM

View Postchaosnhavoc, on Thursday, November 23rd, 2006, 12:38 AM, said:

I know its just the beginning, but I have to ask this: What is the anticipated average amount of players at night (PT time). Right now as I type I see 4 possible tournies, and 351 people sitting in Cash games. Trust me I understand that everything is being done to continue us US players the ability to play, but with the broad range of bankrolls that the original FCP Members have, 351 people on late nite is not a good thing.Also I support CFINNS suggestions on the changes that need to be made. Please let us know on what future plans and projected numbers are as soon as possible, this will help us all sleep better at nite.Long Live FCP!Chaos
Asking for things like this is unreasonable.I think the point of this thread is to focus on issues with the software/program.If they can work that out and turn this in to a kick as.s poker site, the traffic will take care of itself.I must say I don't think it looks promising at this point, and I deposited, and then cashed out on the very same day, leaving in only a minimal amount in case any cool tourney opportunities spring up.When they're up against pokerstars as the "option" for U.S. players, they have some pretty high standards to live up to, and I must say, this beta version is "straight up, ghetto". There are a LOT of things that need a LOT of work, and in my opinion, they should have left the site offline until it was at least respectable, which this is not.

#57 chaosnhavoc

chaosnhavoc

I'm a Winner Baby

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 02:08 AM

View Postbdc30, on Thursday, November 23rd, 2006, 1:07 AM, said:

Asking for things like this is unreasonable.I think the point of this thread is to focus on issues with the software/program.If they can work that out and turn this in to a kick as.s poker site, the traffic will take care of itself.I must say I don't think it looks promising at this point, and I deposited, and then cashed out on the very same day, leaving in only a minimal amount in case any cool tourney opportunities spring up.When they're up against pokerstars as the "option" for U.S. players, they have some pretty high standards to live up to, and I must say, this beta version is "straight up, ghetto". There are a LOT of things that need a LOT of work, and in my opinion, they should have left the site offline until it was at least respectable, which this is not.
I understand estimating amount of users is unreasonable, however having only 350 players online at nite will not attract or be a profitable solution. I myself will play on FCP over pokerstars just because of the support and future I see at FCP, however anyone trying to make a income or a consistency of an income is truly weighing their options.Yes you can offer bonuses but like we have found out on many sites before they are nearly impossible to clear with very low amounts of traffic.I am not asking for miracles just maybe a hint of a plan and projective goals that FCP has. Like any other business a plan must be in place, and with us supporting these plans, I think a little need to know is not too much to ask.
**** off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.- Tyler Durden

#58 bdc30

bdc30

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,407 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 02:19 AM

Look at the amount of (albeit tiny ones that I've never even heard of) sites that are supposedly signed up to be in this new network.They're expecting to get a very high volume of players.They certainly have their work cut out for them. I hope that they're able to figure it out, but at this point, I'll be at stars until further notice.

#59 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,936 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 06:37 AM

View Postchaosnhavoc, on Thursday, November 23rd, 2006, 5:08 AM, said:

I understand estimating amount of users is unreasonable, however having only 350 players online at nite will not attract or be a profitable solution. I myself will play on FCP over pokerstars just because of the support and future I see at FCP, however anyone trying to make a income or a consistency of an income is truly weighing their options.Yes you can offer bonuses but like we have found out on many sites before they are nearly impossible to clear with very low amounts of traffic.I am not asking for miracles just maybe a hint of a plan and projective goals that FCP has. Like any other business a plan must be in place, and with us supporting these plans, I think a little need to know is not too much to ask.
The sites that will provide the bulk of the traffic for the Digital Gaming Network have't joined yet but over the next weeks will be joining to help provide the player base that is needed.We can't make announcements for those sites or the DGN .
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#60 checkymcfold

checkymcfold

almost back to real stakes.

• Members
  • 9,114 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:night baseball

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:50 PM

i also just remembered something regarding player notes:assuming taking notes on other players is a feature that will be implemented later, it's VERY useful to be able to view those notes just by hovering over that player's sn or avatar rather than having to right click and go to the note editing screen to see what you've already typed. this is one of few things that aggravates me about stars.most of the other suggestions seem pretty universal. i'm planning on going through each little bit of the software and will give a very detailed "report" later.
QUOTE (Dirtydutch @ Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If there are two things LHE players like, they are weed and pornography. The third would be kittens. LHE does not appear on the list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users