• This topic is locked This topic is locked
121 replies to this topic

#21 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,322 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:41 PM

Hand Histories need to be just like on Party or Full Tilt... easy to read and easily accessible... If a brower opens up the first time I click 'previous hand', I'm going to withdrawal all of my money immediately. j/s.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#22 EStormOk

EStormOk

Makes me want to puke!

• Members
  • 1,630 posts
  • Interests:Bowling, Poker

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:10 PM

Cfinn and I were playing at a limit hold'em ring game and we noticed a couple of things that were different and unusual. The game was capping betting at 4 bets like it use to on the old software. Then we noticed all of the sudden that it wasn't capping the betting any longer. Cfinn was the first to act and she raised, when it came back to here there had been 3 other raises and it let her raise again, making the 5th bet.I was told by some of the other players on the network that they did not have the straddle function available to them. If that is the case we shouldn't have it either. Also, my chat box at the table would not allow me to scroll back up. It would occasionally just white out and start over. It made it difficult to keep track of chat or even to see what size pot I was won and by whom.Just some thoughts and concerns.ps. Avatars in empty seats is really annoying and confusing. Gotta let us turn off those avatars.
EStormOk

What are you looking at?!?!?!

#23 Rhizomorph

Rhizomorph

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 12:00 AM

Also, you need to have the dollar-amount scroll bar be controlled by the mouse wheel. It's easier to just roll to the exact amount I want instead of having to click/drag the bar over.

#24 HangukMiguk

HangukMiguk

I'm so scannable.

• Members
  • 13,685 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 12:20 AM

• No more pop-up browsers when I load up the software
  • If I want to go to cashier through the client, take me there through my default browser, not IE
  • Razz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Change the fees so that we aren't paying massive juice for a tournament. 9+1 is a joke
  • Easily read hand histories stored on my hard drive so that PokerTracker could easily be configured to work with FCP
  • Instant hand history option (if you take care of the last problem, this one will work great for everyone)
  • Buddy lists
  • Lobby chat
  • I want the amount I have down to the penny, not rounded down to the nearest dollar
  • The sounds should not be so...."quaint." The sounds in the client now don't wake me up to the action, more like lull me to sleep.
That's what I got so far. I'm confident if the network and the developers are willing to take the time and put forth the effort to meet our needs, FCP will be incredible.

#25 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

Point taken....

• Members
  • 11,378 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 12:56 AM

First of all, congrats to everyone who made this transition possible. I know it had to take a TON of hard work and all of the FCP team behind the scenes are to be commended. Great job you guys! :D :club: :D Thats' mainly the crux of what I wanted to say. Any suggestion I was goin to make has already been made, and so far I like everything. It's great to know that the players are getting a chance to be involved as improvements are made too. VERY cool!See you all soon on the tables! :D

F Cancer

#26 cfinnn

cfinnn

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:screenwriting, filmmaking
  • Favorite Poker Game:all of them!

Posted 22 November 2006 - 12:59 AM

Iím so glad to see a new FCP, free from OnGame, up and running! Yay!! Now, on with the critique. Remember, you asked for it.First, as was already mentioned, please donít automatically open the FCP website when I start the poker software. Advertising to an existing customer when they are already trying to use your service is kind of rude. Plus, it will drive me crazy.Other suggestions that MUST be addressed: -seats must be empty when no players are in them-we need proper hand histories/statistics-the betting bar must be fixed; it is too difficult to land on the betting amount desiredWhen I first sat at a cash game table I noticed it says, ďAll Inís: 2Ē on the right hand side. The way it is positioned over the rightmost playerís head, it looks like a player name and is confusing.The statistical info you get by clicking the squiggly arrow on the table doesnít fit in the box properly. You have to scroll left to right, which isnít fun since thereís no scroll bar in that direction. The same thing happens when typing player notes. There should be some kind of automatic text wrap.Iíd like to be able to open up notes on a person by clicking their avatar (either double clicking or right clicking).I donít like how the Small Blind/Big Blind/Check/Raise boxes pop up and obstruct my cards (and sometimes other players names/amounts at the table). I often find myself straining to see my suits when these boxes are up. Can you make them smaller or move them? Bottom line being, I would like my cards, my opponentís cards, all player names and amount of money each player has at the table, to be 100% visible at all times.I was playing some LHE earlier and noticed there appears to be no cap, even in multiway pots. If there is a cap, it is higher than the standard 4 bets. Whatís up?If I click Sit Out, then unclick it right away, it doesnít sit me back in. I still sit out the next hand. Also, there is no visual indication that a player is, in fact, sitting out.I may have just not looked in the right place, but during a tourney, I could not find the start time/time the tournament had been already running in the lobby for that tourney.Raising the juice from 50c to $1 for $5 buyin games is really not nice. Why take more from those with the smallest bankrolls? Similarly, $9+1 and $18+2 buyins are kind of ridiculous. I am not interested in playing tournaments with these buyin amounts. Please revert back to the standard $5+.50, $10+1, $20+2 etc.Also, in a tourney lobby, if I click on a playerís name, instead of going to that personís table it brings up a player profile. There appears to be no way to find a playerís table in a tourney, except by looking through the tables individually.I also donít appreciate the software beeping at me if I donít complete an action within about 2 seconds. The scroll bar alone takes me much longer than that. Can you give us at least a full 5 seconds before you start beeping at us?One thing we definitely donít need is a window that pops up every time we leave a cash game table, telling us that if we return we have to sit with the same amount. Iím leaving, Iím done. If I return, then go ahead and pop up the window.Other comments I wholeheartedly agree with:-splash screen stays up way too long on closing-we need easy access to our account balance-the tournament tab opening in a new window is very confusing. I kept looking for the cash games and couldnít find them because I didnít realize I was in another window.-if you must open anything in a browser window, it needs to be our default browser; hijacking our default settings is not cool.-rounding amounts to the nearest dollar is unappealing. Exact amounts are preferred.-can you please bring back lobby chat?-resizable tables would be a huge plus-2-7 TD, Razz and 5CD would also be fantasticOk, that's it. What do y'all think?

#27 silentrob

silentrob

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:21 AM

how about playing by the proper rules in 7 card stud. in a real game if i pair my door card i have the option to double-bet on 4th street. this was not the case on the old FCPalso, I was thinking that because DN is so involved in the site, and he is a good-old canadian boy, maybe you could have qualifiers for some Canadian Poker Tour events. or at least the WPT event that was at Niagra last month. as far as I know its coming back next year.

#28 Rhizomorph

Rhizomorph

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:29 AM

View Postcfinnn, on Wednesday, November 22nd, 2006, 3:59 AM, said:

-the betting bar must be fixed; it is too difficult to land on the betting amount desiredI'd like to be able to open up notes on a person by clicking their avatar (either double clicking or right clicking).I don't like how the Small Blind/Big Blind/Check/Raise boxes pop up and obstruct my cards (and sometimes other players names/amounts at the table).I also don't appreciate the software beeping at me if I don't complete an action within about 2 seconds.
Ok, I just had to echo these above. And about being able to get to players notes by clicking their avatar - I would suggest just going back to the way OnGame had it by having a context menu that you can right click to also give the option of Muting that player. Some others that haven't been mentioned:
  • Having a Check/Call ANY option in No Limit games is dangerous. I can see a lot of unfortunate mistakes being made. If a hand is worth calling off your entire stack with, you're almost certainly gonna bet it anyway and not check it.
  • The Lobby screen is even less than 800x600 and you'd be able to have a much better layout if you used the full resolution.
  • Compared to the old game screen, this table is HUGE... and yet everything else (cards, chips, etc) is the same size??? What's the point of making the table bigger if there's no need - all you are doing is taking away from the valueable space outside the table, which is why the player names, money amounts, and actions all seem so cluttered.
  • About screen size - guys, it's 2006 already!!! 99.99% of us have screens larger than 800x600. Imagine how sick the graphics could look if you had a high-resolution/full screen option that let us play in 1024x768 or 1280x800 widerscreen!!! You could have realistic card backs based on actual brands (you could even strike a deal with KEM or Copag - they get to advertise by the fact that you're using their designs, and you get cheaper prices on the decks you resell to us through the FCP store), and realistic chips/Dealer button. Seriously, a high resolution online poker interface is long overdue - be ahead of the game.

#29 beans422

beans422

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 258 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:LHE, Omaha 8/b

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:40 AM

2 words .... 4 colored deck.
"Did you hear the one about the Chinese Godfather ? He made them an offer they couldn't understand."

#30 tobytobey

tobytobey

It's a me....Mario!

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 06:16 AM

View Postbeans422, on Wednesday, November 22nd, 2006, 5:40 AM, said:

2 words .... 4 colored deck.
This is already available. When you are sitting at a table, open the option menu (top left corner, I think its the gear looking icon) and you can select four color deck.As for a criticsm, when playing at a NL table, I wasn't able to see exactly how much I had in front of me or the other players. It was rounded (down) to the nearest dollar. (eg. I could have $50.75 but it would only show $50).edit. Also, I didn't see how much rake was being taken from each pot. I would like to see this.I'm glad to see FCP up an running again.
What is the proper way to measure yourself against other forum members..........by Member#

#31 Janfor99

Janfor99

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 06:31 AM

Hi FCPers,Was great to see everyone playing on FCP again last night. Thanks to Bob and DN and all the techs who worked hard to get this going and took the risk to change networks so everyone can play. :)Now, the other stuff:Man, those cards are UGLY :D PLEASE, let me turn off the avatars.... please.Confusing to see who's in hand -vs- who's at table.Hand Histories must be readily accessibleDisplay prize pool. I won a sng last night, still would have no idea prize $ if I didnt look it up in my account balance. I haven't received the email with prize info. ? lolNot happy at all with the jump in tourney fees, not good for us low limit folks :club: More time to act before being bleeped at.Find a player function???Lobby chat (but I know you are working on this one)Naked Cowboy's, Cfinn's and wandigo's posts summed up issues very well. Hope to play some more today and have more suggestions, ty again FCP.
<seacucumber> MIN DEF 30 pts? what?

#32 Big Mike Watters

Big Mike Watters

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 06:55 AM

The avatars must be toggled.Other than that...following the advice of most of the posts above would work...And thank you for bring FCP back to the US. :club:
"Poker is nice. I love to play poker." -- Chau Giang
bigmike411 on Pokerstars -- RIP

#33 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 22 November 2006 - 07:13 AM

Tip button to let us spiff a toke to Bob when we take down a big pot
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#34 Rhizomorph

Rhizomorph

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 07:24 AM

Oh and another thing - why does the login dialogue popup everytime? It remembers my name and my password, so what's the point of waiting for me to push enter/click a button - just log me in automatically please.Also, in the Tournament lobby, whenever I deselect "Running" and "Finished" so that they dont list with the other tournies - it never remembers that setting. It should always remember my filter since I'm most likely going to prefer viewing that way most of the time.Keep up the good work!

#35 Dormie

Dormie

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:golf, poker, ladies

Posted 22 November 2006 - 07:27 AM

upgrade these changes fastthere are very few players on the site (3-400)very few games going, no wait, no appealcurrent situation is not invitingit's a struggle to play it in its current formmy eyes are fatigued just looking at the screeni will play elsewhere until the above list of suggestions are changedpoker players are impatientnow is the operative word
you always want to be dormie

#36 leebs12

leebs12

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:LHE

Posted 22 November 2006 - 07:36 AM

I havent read the whole thing yet, but i agree with what i have seen. My big concern is not having starting stack limits at NL tables. This bastardizes the game, and only helps those with huge ammounts of money in their account. I keep my bankroll at 4 sites, and would noI havent read the whole thing yet, but i agree with what i have seen. My big concern is not having starting stack limits at NL tables. This bastardizes the game, and only helps those with huge ammounts of money in their account. I keep my bankroll at 4 sites, and would not play FCP NL if this is not changed. Again...BOB thanks for all your hard work!

******ATLANTA BRAVES 2007******
the return of an era

#37 benhoug

benhoug

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,048 posts
  • Interests:Cards, Dogs, Movies, Baseball.
  • Favorite Poker Game:Pot-Limit Omaha

Posted 22 November 2006 - 07:45 AM

I'm sure I'm just echoing other peoples' suggestions but here's what I got:Java Application is a must for us MAC-usersThe betting slide bar goes up waaaaaay too much, too quicklyIndicate when a live straddle has been mademake it easier to tell who the action is on.Please add 2-7 TD into the mix of games.Please add badugi into the mix of games.Mixed game tables would be awesome. On Bugsys Club they have tables that are half LHE and half Omaha 8 - they rotate games every 10 minutes and it's awesome.In tournament I could never tell what place I was currently in. It had total entrants, high chips, average chips, low chips, but it never said I was 120th out of 740 (or something like that). Please add 2-7 TD into the mix of games.Live straddles are an awesome addition.

#38 RayPowers

RayPowers

That Guy

• Members
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 07:59 AM

I may perhaps be dumb, but is there a way to create a private tournament? I can't find it, and this is very important for me.Ray

#39 Zeatrix

Zeatrix

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:HORSE

Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:07 AM

Well since this is beta and everyone before me has made very good observations I can only add: HORSE!!! =)Although I know a small developer like the one making this network will probably never make it available...My most important consideration is to make hand histories available since it is essential for Poker Tracker.
FCP's resident swede...
...and global warming informer.

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for a reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." - Albert Einstein
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the
evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something
which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest
evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way.
" - Bertrand Russell

#40 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:35 AM

Since ths is a new site, shouldn't we have a new protege tournament, just cancel the last one and start over?7 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)2 Members: Balloon guy, Naked_CowboyOh sorry NC
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users