10 replies to this topic

#1 KULLMANN

KULLMANN

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Pot-Limit HOST

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:53 AM

Whose games would make up the ultimate big game player for each game? Here are a few suggestions from the rumors I have heard from you, Greenstein, and others. The list doesn't include some of the new guys you don't hear much about live (Booth, Antonious, ect.) but you can include those guys as well.NL Hold Em - Chan, D. Brunson?Limit Hold Em - T. Brunson, Harman?Pot Limit Omaha - Farha, Berman, Benyamine?Omaha 8b - DN, Matusow, Gaing, Benyamine?7 Stud - Ivey, Reese, Hennigan, Forrest?7 Stud 8b - Forrest, Hennigan?Razz - I have no Idea2-7 Triple Draw - Gus, Juanda, DN?Limit Omaha - Elezra?NL 2-7 Single Draw - No ClueBadugi - ?What about short-handed or heads-up? Thanks.
It is better to remain silent and thought of a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

#2 7s7c

7s7c

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:57 AM

View PostKULLMANN, on Tuesday, November 21st, 2006, 11:53 AM, said:

Whose games would make up the ultimate big game player for each game? Here are a few suggestions from the rumors I have heard from you, Greenstein, and others. The list doesn't include some of the new guys you don't hear much about live (Booth, Antonious, ect.) but you can include those guys as well.NL Hold Em - Chan, D. Brunson?Limit Hold Em - T. Brunson, Harman?Pot Limit Omaha - Farha, Berman, Benyamine?Omaha 8b - DN, Matusow, Gaing, Benyamine?7 Stud - Ivey, Reese, Hennigan, Forrest?7 Stud 8b - Forrest, Hennigan?Razz - I have no Idea2-7 Triple Draw - Gus, Juanda, DN?Limit Omaha - Elezra?NL 2-7 Single Draw - No ClueBadugi - ?What about short-handed or heads-up? Thanks.
Throw Forrest in for Razz and someone like Randy Holland as well but he obv. doesn't play that big though he's a great Razz player.Farha should be on any O8b list regardless. You could probably just put Chip Reese's name on any of these games as well to make it easier.

#3 KULLMANN

KULLMANN

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Pot-Limit HOST

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:47 AM

View Post7s7c, on Wednesday, November 29th, 2006, 7:57 PM, said:

Throw Forrest in for Razz and someone like Randy Holland as well but he obv. doesn't play that big though he's a great Razz player.Farha should be on any O8b list regardless. You could probably just put Chip Reese's name on any of these games as well to make it easier.
reese doesn't play the hold'em as well as others, and farha just won that o/8 at the series, but he said that it was only his second o/8 tourney. he also isn't considered a great limit poker player.
It is better to remain silent and thought of a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

#4 7s7c

7s7c

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:35 AM

View PostKULLMANN, on Thursday, November 30th, 2006, 8:47 AM, said:

reese doesn't play the hold'em as well as others, and farha just won that o/8 at the series, but he said that it was only his second o/8 tourney. he also isn't considered a great limit poker player.
Reese could play any card game even if the cards were made of graham and he hadn't eaten in 7 days. I was under the impression Sammy is a very good Omaha player both in PL and O8B. I could be mistaken however.

#5 simo_8ball

simo_8ball

Multipass

• Members
  • 9,277 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO/NLHE

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:53 AM

Whose games would make up the ultimate big game player for each game? Ted Forrest. That includes HU and shorthanded.

#6 Orcasgt22

Orcasgt22

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:2-7 NL Single Draw

Posted 04 December 2006 - 10:28 PM

Todd Brunson for NLH.Jennifer Harmen for Limit Holdem
Statistics are like Bikini's: They are intresting for what they reveal but crucial for what they conceal

#7 Norny21

Norny21

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Interests:cars, girls, sports, poker that about sums it up
  • Favorite Poker Game:Holdem and Horse and NL omaha

Posted 07 December 2006 - 05:25 PM

View PostKULLMANN, on Tuesday, November 21st, 2006, 2:53 PM, said:

NLHE- Ivey, Ungar(not allive but still the best ever)LHE- HarmenPLO- Ivey, Berman, Farha, Williamson 37stud- Reese7Stud8b- ReeseRazz- Reese, Ivey2-7 TD- DN (did a nice section on it in S/S 2L0- not really sureBadugi (dont even know what that is can anyone explain)
THE ONE THE ONLY --THE DONK KING--

#8 copernicus

copernicus

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,676 posts
  • Interests:Hockey; poker...duh

Posted 07 December 2006 - 06:32 PM

View PostNorny21, on Thursday, December 7th, 2006, 8:25 PM, said:

NLHE- Ivey, Ungar(not allive but still the best ever)
Ungar? not in cash games. his aggression was perfectly suited to combat the TAG style universal in the WSOP at the time, but there is no way he would have the patience to grind it out in cash games.

Wave upon wave of Demented Avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

#9 7s7c

7s7c

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 05:23 AM

View PostNorny21, on Thursday, December 7th, 2006, 5:25 PM, said:

Badugi (dont even know what that is can anyone explain)
It's a draw lowball game played with 4 cards where the prime objective is to make the best possible low while maintaining a hand that is of rainbow nature.

#10 Norny21

Norny21

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Interests:cars, girls, sports, poker that about sums it up
  • Favorite Poker Game:Holdem and Horse and NL omaha

Posted 08 December 2006 - 08:00 PM

View Postcopernicus, on Thursday, December 7th, 2006, 9:32 PM, said:

Ungar? not in cash games. his aggression was perfectly suited to combat the TAG style universal in the WSOP at the time, but there is no way he would have the patience to grind it out in cash games.
he made 30 mil in his time with the biggest tourney win being what maybe a million at the WSOP (i think it was m more like 800k) he must have done something right in cash games, his only downfalls were drugs and Gambling which led him to poverty (several times) and ultimately his death
THE ONE THE ONLY --THE DONK KING--

#11 navybuttons

navybuttons

What?

• Members
  • 5,117 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Diamonds

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:44 PM

NLHE- Ivey, Brad Booth, Daniel Alei (sp?), Doyle Brunson, Gabriel ThalerLHE- Harmen, Patrick AntoniusPLO- Ivey, Benyamine, Farha, Williamson 3, Antonius. Although Williamson doesn't really play the big game that i know of.7stud- Reese, Ivey, Forrest7Stud8b- Reese, Forrest, DNRazz- Reese, ForrestO8- DNBadugi- There are probably posters on 2+2 who have a better understanding of the game then most of the big game guys, especially since the game doesn't go off as often as it used to (and Badugi is rather new). My guess is that DN and Greenstein are probably the biggest force at the highest levels.TD- Greenstein, DNCalifornia and Kansas city single draw- Greenstein, Brunson.I think Benyamine crushed the game this year so i have to assume he's close to the top at nearly all the games.

View PostNorny21, on Friday, December 8th, 2006, 8:00 PM, said:

he made 30 mil in his time with the biggest tourney win being what maybe a million at the WSOP (i think it was m more like 800k) he must have done something right in cash games, his only downfalls were drugs and Gambling which led him to poverty (several times) and ultimately his death
where did you get this 30 million figure?
if you're not playing the notes in front of you it's not mozart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users