Was finally getting somewhere w/ my BR, but had to use nearly all of it to pay off a credit card bill... I understan it's bad to carry a balance, but you've got to have some money (in your BR) to make money right???
It's better that you handle your financial obligations (rent, bills, debt, etc) before you worry about a bankroll. That being said, congratulations on not being a degenerate and taking care of your responsibilities.

What's the point of having a BR if you don't cash some of it out occationally?You should know the games/limits you can beat and be able to play short rolled at these limits.

What's the point of having a BR if you don't cash some of it out occationally?
One should/could be regularly taking some money out, i.e. income.Hopefully an amount that does not exceed their average earnings.This seems like a case of a major withdrawWhen you deplete the roll forcing you to play lower stakes, you cost yourself.

While yes it is okay to withdraw SOME of your bankroll from time to time, to me if you are needing money set aside to play poker to pay bills you shouldn't be playing poker.