376 replies to this topic

#361 wilheldp

wilheldp

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:34 AM

View Postedge52, on Friday, October 6th, 2006, 4:51 AM, said:

I just bubbled (9th of 87 both times) my 2nd straight stud8 tourney and I came to the boards to cool down. Maybe having no Americans around for awhile will save me lots of frustration, lol. Looking forward to the action in the guaranteed tourneys while you're gone tho... (don't worry, you'll be back eventually. I'm sure all the big sites have great lawyers that will ensure you can play with no problems)
Yeah, with the Americans gone, you can finish 9th out of 9 instead of 9th out of 87.

#362 Big Mike Watters

Big Mike Watters

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:45 AM

View PostJamaica876, on Tuesday, October 10th, 2006, 9:04 AM, said:

how long does bush have to sign this law?
I heard until this Friday. :club:
"Poker is nice. I love to play poker." -- Chau Giang
bigmike411 on Pokerstars -- RIP

#363 Money022

Money022

Glutton For Punishment

• Members
  • 1,460 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Hold'em

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:47 AM

View Posthob goblin, on Thursday, October 5th, 2006, 6:19 PM, said:

LMAO, what good does it do to keep a bankroll up if you can never touch it?? :club:
Cdplayer was making the statement that you could play for money and withdrawal winnings, you just cannot make deposits. This new law would be blocking the transfer of money TO gaming sites, it does nothing to block money coming IN. So just don't bust out and you can continue to play.
$$$ Blog

My poker is better than your poker.

#364 cojoburros

cojoburros

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 04:29 PM

I don't understand these sites just bailing when online poker is not prohibited by the law, just the transfer of funds to poker sites from US citizens. Neteller isn't bailing yet. Aren't they making millions every day. Why cut that off earlier than you have to? Full Tilt says they are staying for good, or in the words of our esteemed Presidente, "Bring it on". Glad to see at least one online company has the balls to stand up for what is right.

#365 finztotheleft

finztotheleft

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 07:06 PM

What happened to the 270 days for this to be implemented ? Why did all the sites jump ship today ?

#366 the shank

the shank

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 07:07 PM

View PostMoney022, on Tuesday, October 10th, 2006, 10:47 AM, said:

Cdplayer was making the statement that you could play for money and withdrawal winnings, you just cannot make deposits. This new law would be blocking the transfer of money TO gaming sites, it does nothing to block money coming IN. So just don't bust out and you can continue to play.
not true. they wont let you even sit down at a real money table

#367 HoosierAlum

HoosierAlum

Grindmode

• Members
  • 8,169 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Traveling, Baseball, Basketball

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:01 AM

This guy makes pretty valid points.http://forumserver.t...;gonew=1#UNREADgg online poker, gg life, gg happiness, 30 year old retirement, gg buying a house soon, gg waking up whenever I want, gg having no boss, gg freedom, gg loving what I do for a living, gg making a million, gg playing more 10k buyins, gg EVERYTHING.THE SKY IS FALLINGIm so depressed. FUUUUUUUUCK.asidjbaksfdbsajdasdfiasfjkaerioweo34h90ihrodafsa;sdkcasiuoreuuqwasfdui34yu98waefdya8sf7dasyudfigagsufafvcbhnsjfbasgrewqaiuogfiuGyugJUGHIougihjUOIGHuihJUIHJIughbjgui

I might start updating this again.
http://jonathandepa.blogspot.com/

#368 RDog

RDog

I'm Barry Sanders bitches!!!

• Members
  • 10,919 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 12:32 PM

View PostHoosierAlum, on Saturday, October 14th, 2006, 11:01 AM, said:

This guy makes pretty valid points.http://forumserver.t...;gonew=1#UNREADgg online poker, gg life, gg happiness, 30 year old retirement, gg buying a house soon, gg waking up whenever I want, gg having no boss, gg freedom, gg loving what I do for a living, gg making a million, gg playing more 10k buyins, gg EVERYTHING.THE SKY IS FALLINGIm so depressed. FUUUUUUUUCK.asidjbaksfdbsajdasdfiasfjkaerioweo34h90ihrodafsa;sdkcasiuoreuuqwasfdui34yu98waefdya8sf7dasyudfigagsufafvcbhnsjfbasgrewqaiuogfiuGyugJUGHIougihjUOIGHuihJUIHJIughbjgui
Deeeeeeep breath. Cause I am sure Jaque, Internet Forum Poster, did more research on this issue than say Pokerstars, Full Tilt or even our own FCP. One post about the sky falling doesn't make it so. He is sadly mistaken if he thinks the banks are going to have any easy time blocking EFT's, let alone all the things he says in his post. Just my opinion but as soon as the US loses the case at the WTO against Antigua, things will get better, not worse. I could be totally wrong but I think now is the worst time. Only getting better from here.

#369 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,110 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 12:55 PM

I'm with RDog.I realize this is serious, but I really think a lot of it is being blown way out of proportion.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#370 HoosierAlum

HoosierAlum

Grindmode

• Members
  • 8,169 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Traveling, Baseball, Basketball

Posted 14 October 2006 - 05:59 PM

View PostRDog, on Saturday, October 14th, 2006, 3:32 PM, said:

Deeeeeeep breath. Cause I am sure Jaque, Internet Forum Poster, did more research on this issue than say Pokerstars, Full Tilt or even our own FCP. One post about the sky falling doesn't make it so. He is sadly mistaken if he thinks the banks are going to have any easy time blocking EFT's, let alone all the things he says in his post. Just my opinion but as soon as the US loses the case at the WTO against Antigua, things will get better, not worse. I could be totally wrong but I think now is the worst time. Only getting better from here.
That was just one of the many links I found that made me depressed about this whole thing. I dont know...I just have a horrible feeling about all of this.

I might start updating this again.
http://jonathandepa.blogspot.com/

#371 astros11ss

astros11ss

the brown man they love to hate

• Members
  • 1,525 posts
  • Interests:tournament donking

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:17 AM

View PostHoosierAlum, on Saturday, October 14th, 2006, 8:59 PM, said:

That was just one of the many links I found that made me depressed about this whole thing. I dont know...I just have a horrible feeling about all of this.
i agree and have some of the same feelings... i have a real bad feeling about this **** and while i do agree some things are being blown out of proportion, i also think others aren't being focused on enough - mainly, is your regular internet donator/donk going to keep playing online after this legislation? i'm not convinced, although obv i hope i'm wrong.

#372 eYank

eYank

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,344 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Micro Stakes NLHE

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:59 AM

i think for now its possible very soon (within like 3-5 months) that all the sites may possibly stop US players but in the future (within 1-1.5 years) it will be legal again

#373 TheCinciKid

TheCinciKid

Micro Limit Superstar

• Members
  • 3,452 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Baseball, Poker, The Bengals, Poker, Golf, Poker, Movies, Poker, Fantasy Sports, and a little Politics and Current Events.
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:11 AM

View PosteYank, on Sunday, October 15th, 2006, 10:59 AM, said:

i think for now its possible very soon (within like 3-5 months) that all the sites may possibly stop US players but in the future (within 1-1.5 years) it will be legal again
I don't see that. I don't think the law made it illegal to play poker, just to deposit money. I think the big problem is that the games will dry up to an extent because the casual players (donkeys) won't be able to deposit over and over again. I do think that this could serve to separate the best players from those that were only able to beat the really bad players though. You're probably right that down the road (2 years or so at minimum) it will be fully legal and taxed.
"If you're too careful, your whole life can become a ****in' grind." - Mike McDermott, Rounders

my (resurrected) poker blog:
http://cincikid.blogspot.com

#374 DanielSon

DanielSon

Senator Bill Frist's Page

• Members
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:16 AM

What's up with this email I received? Are states banning online gaming too?Due to recent changes in some states, we regret to inform youthat we will no longer be able to accept players residentin the following states:*Illinois*Indiana*Louisiana*Michigan*Nevada*Oregon*South Dakota*Washington*WisconsinDue to these changes in the law, which are totally out of our control,we have had to cease all gaming activity from these states. Unfortunately we will no longer be able to either accept bets or engage in funds transferswith any of these states.To all our loyal members who reside in these states we wish to thank youfor your loyalty over the years and we wish you the very best in the future.
Daniel Negreanu's Self Appointed Son

#375 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:21 AM

View PostDanielSon, on Monday, October 16th, 2006, 11:16 AM, said:

What's up with this email I received? Are states banning online gaming too?Due to recent changes in some states, we regret to inform youthat we will no longer be able to accept players residentin the following states:*Illinois*Indiana*Louisiana*Michigan*Nevada*Oregon*South Dakota*Washington*WisconsinDue to these changes in the law, which are totally out of our control,we have had to cease all gaming activity from these states. Unfortunately we will no longer be able to either accept bets or engage in funds transferswith any of these states.To all our loyal members who reside in these states we wish to thank youfor your loyalty over the years and we wish you the very best in the future.
Who sent the e-mail?

#376 DanielSon

DanielSon

Senator Bill Frist's Page

• Members
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:29 AM

View PostSwift_Psycho, on Monday, October 16th, 2006, 8:21 AM, said:

Who sent the e-mail?
Powerbet...(didn't even know I had an account)
Daniel Negreanu's Self Appointed Son

#377 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:31 AM

View PostDanielSon, on Monday, October 16th, 2006, 11:29 AM, said:

Powerbet...(didn't even know I had an account)
Did the e-mail mean that the players had no way to even remove their money at all? I'm not in any of those states, but I'm just curious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users