Jump to content


Strat Tournament On Stars


  • Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#41 aucu

aucu

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 3,986 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Durango, Mexico
  • Favorite Poker Game:Mixed Games

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:59 PM

Who wants another one next week, same time, same place?
aucu on Stars and FCP
MJ at B&Ms



#42 TeeSludge

TeeSludge

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 08:04 PM

View Postaucu, on Wednesday, September 27th, 2006, 8:59 PM, said:

Who wants another one next week, same time, same place?
I'm in in all likelihood.

#43 Zach6668

Zach6668

    FCHL Champion.

  • Moderators
  • 48,133 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, ON

Posted 27 September 2006 - 08:06 PM

I can't guarantee anything.Unfortunately, I need to fit poker in around my life, not the other way around... I'll try though :club:
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#44 Actuary

Actuary

    .

  • Members
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 08:42 PM

View Postaucu, on Wednesday, September 27th, 2006, 7:59 PM, said:

Who wants another one next week, same time, same place?
\very very likely

#45 gobears

gobears

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 6,096 posts
  • Location:Los Gatos, CA

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:06 PM

View Postaucu, on Wednesday, September 27th, 2006, 8:59 PM, said:

Who wants another one next week, same time, same place?
Sounds GoodI think that I figured out everyone except for... 10: PokeHerPros (FCP)Who's that on the boards?
Work to live, don't live to work - Todd Harrison

#46 ChrisRichey

ChrisRichey

    Untitled

  • Members
  • 2,395 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:14 PM

I am definitely in. Gobears, PokeHerPros is IQCrash, he posts some in general and in here on occasion. He plays alot with Zach and myself.

#47 TeeSludge

TeeSludge

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:23 PM

View PostChrisRichey, on Wednesday, September 27th, 2006, 10:14 PM, said:

I am definitely in. Gobears, PokeHerPros is IQCrash, he posts some in general and in here on occasion. He plays alot with Zach and myself.
Chris...on that coolllah hand with the 88 vs. 55If you had AQ on that hand do you think you would have lost the same amount given the way the hand was played?

#48 ChrisRichey

ChrisRichey

    Untitled

  • Members
  • 2,395 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:28 PM

Well if I had AQ I certainly would not have checked on the turn, so I probably would have been commited at that point. The pot was 2500ish on the turn, you only had 2625 left, so if I lead for 1200-1300, am I really going to fold for another 1300? Probably not, but ISAP. Nice hand though.

#49 TeeSludge

TeeSludge

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:40 PM

View PostChrisRichey, on Wednesday, September 27th, 2006, 10:28 PM, said:

Well if I had AQ I certainly would not have checked on the turn, so I probably would have been commited at that point. The pot was 2500ish on the turn, you only had 2625 left, so if I lead for 1200-1300, am I really going to fold for another 1300? Probably not, but ISAP. Nice hand though.
Checking that turn with AQ is a play I actually make often, especially against aggressive players who tend to float a lot of c-bets on the button. Like I said in the chat I probably would have floated a hand like J10 or 910 there and made a big bet when checked to on the turn. I actually watched Eugene Todd (who is a very well respected tourney player) make a similar play in a 1k Bellagio Cup event that I was playing in. He raised in EP with AQ and a very aggressive player called him from the button. The flop came Q 10 x and Todd bet about 1/2 the pot as he had done very consistently. The agg player called on the button and the turn was a blank and Todd checked, the guy moved in and Todd called with AQ, agg player had AJ and Todd won a monster pot. You certainly dont SAP, lol. That was a cooler hand, nothing you can do about it.. i'm a luckbox :club:

#50 ChrisRichey

ChrisRichey

    Untitled

  • Members
  • 2,395 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:48 PM

That is an interesting play, I will definitely have to try and incorporate that into my game. I wouldn't usually check TPTK, because I honestly don't feel comfortable enough with the hand to let the other player take charge of the betting. With the set, I was praying that you would push (doh!), whereas with AQ, if I checked and you pushed, I might have to consider laying it down. Is that too weak/tight? I probably wouldn't lay it down, but I'd have to at least think about it :club:

#51 TeeSludge

TeeSludge

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:03 PM

View PostChrisRichey, on Wednesday, September 27th, 2006, 10:48 PM, said:

That is an interesting play, I will definitely have to try and incorporate that into my game. I wouldn't usually check TPTK, because I honestly don't feel comfortable enough with the hand to let the other player take charge of the betting. With the set, I was praying that you would push (doh!), whereas with AQ, if I checked and you pushed, I might have to consider laying it down. Is that too weak/tight? I probably wouldn't lay it down, but I'd have to at least think about it :club:
It depends a lot on the player that you are playing against obv. Thinking back on this particular hand I actually thought you had AQ. I thought if I raised on the flop you might fold AQ, correctly. I also thought that by pushing all-in on the turn you would call me with AQ but would fold it had I bet like 1k as weird as that sounds. Obviously, each player is different and the good players vary their plays but from my experience most players make smaller value bets with strong hands on the turn and tend to push their weaker hands... all goes back to the strong means weak and weak means strong. In this particular hand my range of hands is pretty wide.. I could have 67, J10, 910, KQ, AQ, QJ, Q10, and some other weird hands. In this situation we were the top two stacks (I believe) so I would play a lot of hands preflop from the button against you. Additionally, if this was in the mid stages of a MTT I would probably have folded your hand PF in your position. I'm never a big stickler on pf play because everyone has different styles but I'd much rather raise 79d from the CO than 55 from up front.

#52 ChrisRichey

ChrisRichey

    Untitled

  • Members
  • 2,395 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:43 PM

The main reason I raised with 55, as opposed to limping (no way I am folding that with the cl), is because of the respect I had gotten thus far at the table. When I had AA and KK, all I got was the blinds, so I was hoping nobody was strong enough to come over the top there. Thank you for the mini-lesson, I look forward to playing against you next week. I will have my revenge! :club:

#53 TeeSludge

TeeSludge

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:59 PM

View PostChrisRichey, on Wednesday, September 27th, 2006, 11:43 PM, said:

The main reason I raised with 55, as opposed to limping (no way I am folding that with the cl), is because of the respect I had gotten thus far at the table. When I had AA and KK, all I got was the blinds, so I was hoping nobody was strong enough to come over the top there. Thank you for the mini-lesson, I look forward to playing against you next week. I will have my revenge! :club:
I def. would have raised with 55 in your position as well at that point in the tourney. Also, thinking back on my "mini-lesson", lol in reference to the AQ play that I suggested.. just remember not to get to crazy with any kind of "fancy play syndrome". If we think the villain has a hand like KQ or QJ and will continue to pay us off to the river then we should obviously continue betting for value. Also, if we think our opponent has some sort of OESD or FD and won't bet the turn if we check to him then obv. we should continue betting as well. I play a lot of hands strangely when I'm out of position. I like to keep my pots small OOP and I also am able to get a better read when my opponent makes a bet as opposed to when he just calls or raises my bet. I think one of my strengths is recognizing strength or weakness based on betting patterns and that is tough to do when you are OOP and your opponent is just calling your bets.

#54 Flushgarden

Flushgarden

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,963 posts
  • Location:Arizona Bay

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:17 PM

I'm definitely in the next one. I need to redeem myself.Tre, what did you have in that first hand where we went at it? You were the button and I was the BB. I had air. lol
-Danny


#55 Actuary

Actuary

    .

  • Members
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:02 AM

anyone else 2 outted in an all in preflop (Copernicus all in, not me) ?I couldn't get anything going after that; but winning that gets me the CL early.

#56 throwemaway

throwemaway

    Finally a big kid now!

  • Members
  • 2,037 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Normal, IL
  • Interests:Poker, booze, reading, and sports

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:33 AM

View PostActuary, on Thursday, September 28th, 2006, 7:02 AM, said:

anyone else 2 outted in an all in preflop (Copernicus all in, not me) ?I couldn't get anything going after that; but winning that gets me the CL early.
Yeah you already doubled through me so you coulda really been in charge Btw, what would you have done in my spot, against you in the hand that eliminated me early..I'll refresh details if you don't recall..First blind level, 6 handed, I raised utg to 80 w/ 10 9 hearts, you called in the BBFlop was A 10 6, with the Ace and 6 of hearts...You checked, I bet 100, and you pushed all in..we had about even stacks of 1400-1500ish
|
First blog. I don't really know why you would want to read it but if you do, go ahead..New update! Will update in Feb in light of 4.40 challenge!
http://blogs.texasholdem.com/Throwemaway/index.php

#57 Actuary

Actuary

    .

  • Members
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:45 AM

View Postthrowemaway, on Thursday, September 28th, 2006, 8:33 AM, said:

Yeah you already doubled through me so you coulda really been in charge Btw, what would you have done in my spot, against you in the hand that eliminated me early..I'll refresh details if you don't recall..First blind level, 6 handed, I raised utg to 80 w/ 10 9 hearts, you called in the BBFlop was A 10 6, with the Ace and 6 of hearts...You checked, I bet 100, and you pushed all in..we had about even stacks of 1400-1500ish
I'd be like "What is that retard Actuary pushing with ?"Against any logical range, you'd have to think you had 14 outs most of the time. The times you don't (I have 66) are probably offset by the times you are ahead. Although, I'd never push 99 here, or a FD w/o a pair. So, my push is just silly in your eyes, and I wondered what you read it for.I tend to push monsters there as well though, like 66.Early on against a tough field, I think you made the right call.I'm so used to playing my 6 Man STT"s on Party, I put you on an Ace and was hoping to have you dominated and thinking I was semi bluffing.

#58 meservery

meservery

    I've climbed the stairway to maturity!

  • Members
  • 1,539 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Some Place Awesome
  • Interests:Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Cho Chang, etc.
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:00 AM

View Postaucu, on Wednesday, September 27th, 2006, 11:59 PM, said:

Who wants another one next week, same time, same place?
i'll be out of town for the next couple weeks. but i'll be back around mid october to donk out in the first blind level again. :lol:nice job setting this up. it was fun.

#59 throwemaway

throwemaway

    Finally a big kid now!

  • Members
  • 2,037 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Normal, IL
  • Interests:Poker, booze, reading, and sports

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:01 AM

View PostActuary, on Thursday, September 28th, 2006, 8:45 AM, said:

I'd be like "What is that retard Actuary pushing with ?"Against any logical range, you'd have to think you had 14 outs most of the time. The times you don't (I have 66) are probably offset by the times you are ahead. Although, I'd never push 99 here, or a FD w/o a pair. So, my push is just silly in your eyes, and I wondered what you read it for.I tend to push monsters there as well though, like 66.Early on against a tough field, I think you made the right call.I'm so used to playing my 6 Man STT"s on Party, I put you on an Ace and was hoping to have you dominated and thinking I was semi bluffing.
My thought process at the time..I thought this could a number of things.. First, I discounted a set with the c/rai..Seemed like you would want to extract more if you had thatI also thought it could be a higher flush draw, something like KQ of hearts, in which case were coinflipping since you have 6 outs for your overs, 4 jacks, and the rest of the hearts against my pair of 10sBut the hand I put you, like I figured, was a strong ace, AK or AQ, and I'll take 14 2x like you said, against a strong field early..I was also playing a 22 180 and doing fairly well at the time, so whatever...Bahhhhhh I haven't hit a draw in like 8 years! lol
|
First blog. I don't really know why you would want to read it but if you do, go ahead..New update! Will update in Feb in light of 4.40 challenge!
http://blogs.texasholdem.com/Throwemaway/index.php

#60 caribstv

caribstv

    Poker Forum Nut

  • Members
  • 262 posts
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Poker, Mortocycles

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:49 AM

I'm in for the next one
"X"
http://www.myspace.com/excutioner
Always keep'em guessing
:) always go for FIRST not to be just in the money!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users