Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip

Didn't see a thread on this so I thought I would make it since this show is the balls.West Wing and Sports Night were two great shows as long as Aaron Sorkin was writing for them. They fell off a bit when he stopped. It was good to see him come out with another show and he still has his form. Whitford and Perry are great together and I expect this show will have a great run like WW did as long as he stays of the coke this time. :)Alot of it has to do with him and his life. Anyone watching this?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never really watched West Wing, but the concept and cast on this definitely drew me in.
I didn't start watching West Wing till about season 4, then I got the DVD's and became hooked. IT died for me mid season 5 though. You should watch it, very good and pretty funny at times.
I didn't start watching West Wing till about season 4, then I got the DVD's and became hooked. IT died for me mid season 5 though. You should watch it, very good and pretty funny at times.
I've seen small segments from several episodes. I don't doubt that it's a clever show. Just not a big fan of tv dramas in general...and political dramas specifically. I usually watch tv to laugh and get my drama through movies.
this show is unbelievably good, I can't wait for the next episode.damn there is so muchtv this season, its sick
There is isn't there? TV is really getting better than movies. A year ago I was getting movies from Blockbuster Online and now we are just getting TV shows sent in the mail cause there is so much good TV out the last couple years that we can't watch it all. And I think Lost starts next week too. Ohh and I saw that Top Chef is starting the 18th as well.

I've enjoyed the first two episodes. In a way, it's like watching a highwire act where part of the enjoyment is the fear that there might be a fall. So far, Studio 60 has delivered, imo, but the Network-like beginning had me worried, but the source was acknowledged. the second episode had me equally worried because they are definitely setting the bar very high about the success of the "show within a show". Fortunately, the payoff was hugely satisfying, with the Gilbert and Sullivan parody directly referencing Whitfors's character's coke problem, as well as the Christian issue. Very well done and I will keep watching until I get disappointed, which is later, much much later, I hope.

I wasn't even really planning on watching the show, but I'm extremely happy I did. Sorkin has put together another top notch, intellectually satisfying show. I find the digs at the shlock programs put out nowadays especially funny and relevent. In WW he put together a show filled with characters that behaved in a way that many believe actual politicians should. That being: they did what they did because they believed it was right, not because they were getting their own pockets lined. In S60 he seems to taking the same sort of stance against television networks, essentially saying: we don't always have to program for the lowest common denominator, we can and should make some quality programs. Studio 60 is most definately a quality program.

There is isn't there? TV is really getting better than movies. A year ago I was getting movies from Blockbuster Online and now we are just getting TV shows sent in the mail cause there is so much good TV out the last couple years that we can't watch it all. And I think Lost starts next week too. Ohh and I saw that Top Chef is starting the 18th as well.
I just start school again and TV is out of control good for the first time in years.I like Prison Break, Vanished, Heroes (maybe, jury still out), Studio 60, Smith and Shark. Way too much tv

anyone else see the promo from NBC for a show called 30 Rock (I think) about a behind the scenes look of an SNL type show? Alec Baldwin, Tina Fey and Tracey Morgan?That is just plain weird, although if its on the same network as SNL, I'm sure it wont have the teeth that S60 does.

anyone else see the promo from NBC for a show called 30 Rock (I think) about a behind the scenes look of an SNL type show? Alec Baldwin, Tina Fey and Tracey Morgan?That is just plain weird, although if its on the same network as SNL, I'm sure it wont have the teeth that S60 does.
I find it mostly wierd that there are 2 shows on the same network, about the behind the scenes stuff in an SNL type show... and both have numbers in the name of the show.
I find it mostly wierd that there are 2 shows on the same network, about the behind the scenes stuff in an SNL type show... and both have numbers in the name of the show.
oh yeah, I forgot Studio60 was on NBC. Nevermind, but I agree, now its doubly odd

I really enjoyed the 3rd episode.I watched the first two back to back and wasn't blown away, but the 3rd episde that aired Monday was really top notch.

I just hope they get off the whole Christian thing at some point. It could get really old really fast.But yeah, the eps get better every week. I think Perry and Witford are amazing together.

I just hope they get off the whole Christian thing at some point. It could get really old really fast.But yeah, the eps get better every week. I think Perry and Witford are amazing together.
Perry and Whitford do have an excellent dynamic, as they did during WW when Perry had a small 2 or 3 episode role. If the last show was any indication they should be steering towards more politically oriented humor as per the discussion on the beach etc. I think the reason they made the religious right a target in the first few episodes of the show was to demonstrate how an extremely vocal minority can rule television programming via affiliates etc.
Perry and Whitford do have an excellent dynamic, as they did during WW when Perry had a small 2 or 3 episode role. If the last show was any indication they should be steering towards more politically oriented humor as per the discussion on the beach etc. I think the reason they made the religious right a target in the first few episodes of the show was to demonstrate how an extremely vocal minority can rule television programming via affiliates etc.
Actually it's a weird dynamic since the religious folk would claim the opposite that the show is made up of a minority of cynics with a tv show that gives them immense power to combat themBoth are sort of trueI don't know if you guys saw this but about 99% of the media complaints to the FCC come from the same organization of wackos
Actually it's a weird dynamic since the religious folk would claim the opposite that the show is made up of a minority of cynics with a tv show that gives them immense power to combat themBoth are sort of trueI don't know if you guys saw this but about 99% of the media complaints to the FCC come from the same organization of wackos
It's been that way for a long time- which makes me wonder why they don't just not watch? That's what I do. If your watching to just find controversial **** that you don't agree with, you are eventually going to find it, but who's fault is that? Nobody told them to look, or to even watch. There is a hole in that logic somewhere I am sure but I don't care- time to fire up the DVR. I will say this about T.V. this season- Smith, Shark, Studio 60, Greys Anatomy, The Class( growing on me, some of it damn near is me), CSI Miami (Even though I still hate Caruso) ,Standoff(Can't pinpoint why on this one, I just like it)- even Celebrity Fit club was the best one so far, with extremely engaging fat people, and not just huge assholes. I really, really like Smith and I think 30 Rock will probably focus more on the comedy vs. how Studio 60 focuses on the reasons behind, the issues behind the comedy. 30 Rock will make me laugh out loud whilst Studio 60 makes me want to write again. Just my 2 cents.
It's been that way for a long time- which makes me wonder why they don't just not watch? That's what I do. If your watching to just find controversial **** that you don't agree with, you are eventually going to find it, but who's fault is that? Nobody told them to look, or to even watch.
because they don't want you to watch either
  • 2 weeks later...