Jump to content


Will Dn Discuss This Religious/political Issue Publicly?


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Oblivious

Oblivious

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • Location:Boulder

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:16 PM

DN claims to be religious. Fortunately he leaves himself outs. When it comes to very valid and practical criticisms of the religious and political right wing, DN tends to exempt himself by saying that he is "spiritual" and not a hard-line member of any particular church or political party.I think this is good. When it comes to very complex issues of drug use, abortion, and the death penalty, extremists tend to figure out what their church's position is (or their political party's position is), and just advocate that agenda. Isn't it strange how nearly all extreme right wingers come to the same conclusions about these difficult ethical topics? It kind of makes you think they're not thinking for themselves, huh?Anyway, I donít expect DN to give his position on this, since he'll take a ton of flack from the opposing position no matter what he says, but I'll ask anyway...Is DN pro-life? Or pro-choice? And if he were to also explain 'why,' that would be interesting.PS. I'm lead to believe by DN's previous statements that he believes a fetus is a human life, but that doesnít mean that he canít think that abortion is ethically permissible. Those on this board that think this argument comes down to 'fetus=person (true/untrue)' have no idea how complicated this topic is.

#2 PlanetHell

PlanetHell

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:22 PM

Why does Daniel even need to talk about it publicly? He's a poker player. His political/religious affiliations are his own business.

#3 Oblivious

Oblivious

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • Location:Boulder

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:31 PM

View PostPlanetHell, on Thursday, September 7th, 2006, 9:22 PM, said:

Why does Daniel even need to talk about it publicly? He's a poker player. His political/religious affiliations are his own business.
He doesnt need to talk about it publicly. As to weather his political/religious affiliations are his own business, they are. But he also talks about them in his blog. My question is a fair one, weather it gets answered or not.

#4 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

    Point taken....

  • Members
  • 11,378 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Phoenix / Motor City

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:36 PM

You are obviously Oblivious. :club:



F Cancer

#5 greatwhite

greatwhite

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,089 posts
  • Location:Connecticut
  • Interests:poker, skiing, movies, following the yankees, knicks, and jets , and traveling
  • Favorite Poker Game:Pot Limit Omaha

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:56 AM

Anyways...how's the whether today?

#6 DonkSlayer

DonkSlayer

    very, very standard

  • Members
  • 5,032 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Richmond, VA
  • Favorite Poker Game:PL Omaha

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:10 AM

View Postgreatwhite, on Friday, September 8th, 2006, 7:56 AM, said:

Anyways...how's the whether today?
:club: Dude, don't mess up attempts at humor by misspelling.
Fortune favors the brave.

#7 SoCooLBob

SoCooLBob

    Poker Forum Regular

  • Members
  • 119 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Rosa, CA
  • Interests:God First ... People Including Myself Second
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Limit Hold 'Em

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:33 PM

Seems like Daniel has already begun to discuss this issue. There are several places in this forum where people are expressing their opinion on God and Poker.If, I'm not mistaken, I saw Daniel saying something about the subject on TV ... not that he's been on Poker TV much lately ŰŅ~Personally .. I can see "the boy" playing Poker with Jesus, Mohammed, etc.Brings up a lot of interesting visions ... and questions ... and answers, I suspect.Posted ImageCourse, My Jesus plays football, also ... and coaches. :club: Interestingly enough, I have recently completed about 26 minutes of a new television show I'm producing. As I "wrestle" with the "close" which I haven't done yet .. I know that my "wrestling" actually accounts for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in terms of how I'm going to close.http://www.winamilli...poker.com/sneakI'm going to close, the best way I know how, the way that's worked miracles for me, and others, in lots of different areas and arenas.Let Go And Let God !!!Thank You Jesus !!!Anybody want to guess who's the "Unnamed" Poker Superstar?How do you like the video so far? Posted ImageTHIS MUST BE THE YEAR !!!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by SoCooLBob, 08 September 2006 - 01:34 PM.

One Of The Great Pleasures In Life
Is The Setting Of Positive Goals And Achieving Them

Bob Kennedy ... SoCŰŅŰL Bob
http://www.socool.com
http://www.youtube.com/socoolbob

#8 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

    Deplorable Lives Matter

  • Members
  • 24,371 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 08 September 2006 - 02:21 PM

View PostOblivious, on Thursday, September 7th, 2006, 8:16 PM, said:

DN claims to be religious. Fortunately he leaves himself outs. When it comes to very valid and practical criticisms of the religious and political right wing, DN tends to exempt himself by saying that he is "spiritual" and not a hard-line member of any particular church or political party.I think this is good. When it comes to very complex issues of drug use, abortion, and the death penalty, extremists tend to figure out what their church's position is (or their political party's position is), and just advocate that agenda. Isn't it strange how nearly all extreme right wingers come to the same conclusions about these difficult ethical topics? It kind of makes you think they're not thinking for themselves, huh?Anyway, I donít expect DN to give his position on this, since he'll take a ton of flack from the opposing position no matter what he says, but I'll ask anyway...Is DN pro-life? Or pro-choice? And if he were to also explain 'why,' that would be interesting.PS. I'm lead to believe by DN's previous statements that he believes a fetus is a human life, but that doesnít mean that he canít think that abortion is ethically permissible. Those on this board that think this argument comes down to 'fetus=person (true/untrue)' have no idea how complicated this topic is.
Let me save you effort trying to pretend you are the open minded one:If you don't agree with Oblivious, then you are a sheep being around led by THE MAN.There, we both said the same thing but I saved much valuable internet space.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#9 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

    Point taken....

  • Members
  • 11,378 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Phoenix / Motor City

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:44 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Friday, September 8th, 2006, 3:21 PM, said:

Let me save you effort trying to pretend you are the open minded one:If you don't agree with Oblivious, then you are a sheep being around led by THE MAN.There, we both said the same thing but I saved much valuable internet space.
LOL nh Balloon.Wanna know something else funny?"Malibu's Most Wanted" with Jamie Kennedy. SO stupid. SO funny.AMEN. :club:



F Cancer

#10 fiftytwo52

fiftytwo52

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • Location:memphis

Posted 09 September 2006 - 07:30 AM

that kid is tackling Jesus!

#11 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

    Deplorable Lives Matter

  • Members
  • 24,371 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 09 September 2006 - 06:21 PM

View Postfiftytwo52, on Saturday, September 9th, 2006, 8:30 AM, said:

that kid is tackling Jesus!
That kid's got Gamboooool
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users