79 replies to this topic

#21 nopunk

nopunk

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:07 PM

View PosttallytownFSU, on Tuesday, September 5th, 2006, 8:34 PM, said:

As a Metallica fan, I decided to respond to this immediately. Now, in the general sense of the word you, I am all for people who want to hate Metallica. They might not be the greatest metal band of all time. They might even be overrated. They might suck big donkey ****. If that's what you (again, in the general sense of the word) feel, then more power to you. Rock on. To each his own, right? Freedom of speech, all that nonsense. However, if you (the illiterate dipshit who posted this) want to exercise the right to freedom of speech, it's really quite vital to know what the **** you are doing, you pimple on the face of human society. What the **** is wrong with you? Have you ever heard of the shift key? Or maybe even something called a dictionary? Did you even make it PAST grammar school? If you managed to somehow graduate from high school, then I am shocked and appalled at our education system, because this has got to be the worst example of spelling and grammar I have ever read, INCLUDING the homework assignments I've seen eight year olds do. I am surprised you don't move backwards, you are THAT dumb. And because you are THAT dumb, anything you might have said worth reading in this is totally shot to hell and has lost ALL credibility. If you want something you type or say to be considered important or worth reading, then go back to school, pay attention to all of your grammar lessons, and THEN use the internet. God, people like you who actually have the balls to type their thought processes out and post it onto the internet for smart people to read make me want to vomit. It's people like you who are RUINING this country. People like YOU are the reason why George W. is the ****ing President! Do us all a favor and keep your mouth shut, your hands AWAY from your keyboard and do something useful with your time: go shove a screwdriver in your eye and turn it 360 degrees clockwise.
I know sarcasm doesn't work over the internet sometimes.When we are being sarcastic we use the acronym 'sw.'Thanks.Bolded part is the funniest.

#22 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,639 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:31 PM

View PosttallytownFSU, on Tuesday, September 5th, 2006, 6:34 PM, said:

As a Metallica fan, I decided to respond to this immediately. Now, in the general sense of the word you, I am all for people who want to hate Metallica. They might not be the greatest metal band of all time. They might even be overrated. They might suck big donkey ****. If that's what you (again, in the general sense of the word) feel, then more power to you. Rock on. To each his own, right? Freedom of speech, all that nonsense. However, if you (the illiterate dipshit who posted this) want to exercise the right to freedom of speech, it's really quite vital to know what the **** you are doing, you pimple on the face of human society. What the **** is wrong with you? Have you ever heard of the shift key? Or maybe even something called a dictionary? Did you even make it PAST grammar school? If you managed to somehow graduate from high school, then I am shocked and appalled at our education system, because this has got to be the worst example of spelling and grammar I have ever read, INCLUDING the homework assignments I've seen eight year olds do. I am surprised you don't move backwards, you are THAT dumb. And because you are THAT dumb, anything you might have said worth reading in this is totally shot to hell and has lost ALL credibility. If you want something you type or say to be considered important or worth reading, then go back to school, pay attention to all of your grammar lessons, and THEN use the internet. God, people like you who actually have the balls to type their thought processes out and post it onto the internet for smart people to read make me want to vomit. It's people like you who are RUINING this country. People like YOU are the reason why George W. is the ****ing President! Do us all a favor and keep your mouth shut, your hands AWAY from your keyboard and do something useful with your time: go shove a screwdriver in your eye and turn it 360 degrees clockwise.
I will say this, this is the most impassioned plea for grammer and spelling ( the lowest form of of internet slam) I've ever seen. But it's still exactly what it is, a spelling and grammer spam. Sorry that I think your favorite band is complete dogshit.For the record, I was president of my high schools honor society, was a national merit scholar, who's scholarship I used in part to fund my Northwestern University education. What I don't give as **** about is writing out my posts in MSWord, using the spell check, then copying them ontio this form. When FCP gets a spell check button, I will gladly push it. Untill then, fuk straight off, I don't care. I have nothing but contempt for prescrpitive grammer, I really don't care if my words are spelled correctly or not on an online forum. Because, you see, I'm not trying to impress anyone with the ASSS-THET-TICK of my posts, but rather the content of them. Try staying on topic in a thread, IE why metalica sucks or perhaps denfending them. But belittling someone's agruement not on the content of it, but on it's spelling and grammer is the single lamest way to flame anyone ever. Yours was rather specatularly anal and literate, but still fundimentally lame Do you know how pathetic it is to claim the fall of western society rests on not putting my I before my E, and dangling a participle? Do you realize how insanely anal your whole post was? Get a fuking clue.But you nailed it on the head, people like me are the reason that GWB is president. Why, you ask? Because in 2000, during my post graduation exixtential crisis I embracd extreme leftest politics for a brief while (this phase preceded the nihilistic phase, the one I'm still currently in). I was pretty foolish for a while, and I did what all extreme leftest fools did in 2000 ( the ones that voted at least)... I voted for Nader. So I'll give you points for accuracy, but that's about it. Master of puppets is horse crap, btw.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#23 king_tanner

king_tanner

Poker Forum C***

• Members
  • 11,672 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Crazy Pineapple hi/lo

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:39 PM

Whether they sold out or not Metallica is a great band, if your not a fan of that type of music its your problem. But to fans of metal and rock Metallica made some legendary music (although I agree that their new album was subpar). Saying all that I agree that Lars is a piece of ****, but lots of great bands have douchebags. One of my favorite bands of all time is Guns and Roses... Axle is the biggest ****** of all time, but he still made some ****ing awesome music with the band.BigD I can't slam you for your argument because they have done questionable things (Lars being a ******, James being crazy, whole Napster ordeal), so they can come off as being douches. But everytime I hear one of their older songs on the radio or when I'm listening to one of their CD's I turn it up full blast and go nuts in my car or house so I will always love them.
QUOTE (rcgs59 @ Wednesday, January 5th, 2011, 8:14 PM)
$5,000 lol wish it was 5000

#24 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,639 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:56 PM

View Postking_tanner, on Tuesday, September 5th, 2006, 7:39 PM, said:

Whether they sold out or not Metallica is a great band, if your not a fan of that type of music its your problem. But to fans of metal and rock Metallica made some legendary music (although I agree that their new album was subpar). Saying all that I agree that Lars is a piece of ****, but lots of great bands have douchebags. One of my favorite bands of all time is Guns and Roses... Axle is the biggest ****** of all time, but he still made some ****ing awesome music with the band.BigD I can't slam you for your argument because they have done questionable things (Lars being a ******, James being crazy, whole Napster ordeal), so they can come off as being douches. But everytime I hear one of their older songs on the radio or when I'm listening to one of their CD's I turn it up full blast and go nuts in my car or house so I will always love them.
Did you read my post? I don't dislike metal, I dislike metalica. and believe me, not all fans of metal like them. Lars is a terrible drummer, is double bass is about the wost in recorded history. Their Guitar parts, while rather fast for the time, were basic and boring. Thier first bassist was okay, but jason sucked.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#25 king_tanner

king_tanner

Poker Forum C***

• Members
  • 11,672 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:09 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Tuesday, September 5th, 2006, 7:56 PM, said:

Did you read my post? I don't dislike metal, I dislike metalica. and believe me, not all fans of metal like them. Lars is a terrible drummer, is double bass is about the wost in recorded history. Their Guitar parts, while rather fast for the time, were basic and boring. Thier first bassist was okay, but jason sucked.
Yes I did read your post, I meant that people in general who don't like Metallica tend to talk a lot of crap because of some of the things they have done. I'll make it more clear next time.And I agree that Lars isn't a great drummer, but I think all the bandmates styles' meshed, and they made lots of albums that I highly enjoy. It is an aquired taste and I have no problem with you not liking them. I guess my point is that they have 100's of thousands of fans who have bought their music even though not all metal fans like them, so whether you like them or not they have accomplished a lot and deserve to be recognized as one of the top metal bands of all time.

#26 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,639 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:13 PM

View Postking_tanner, on Tuesday, September 5th, 2006, 8:09 PM, said:

Yes I did read your post, I meant that people in general who don't like Metallica tend to talk a lot of crap because of some of the things they have done. I'll make it more clear next time.And I agree that Lars isn't a great drummer, but I think all the bandmates styles' meshed, and they made lots of albums that I highly enjoy. It is an aquired taste and I have no problem with you not liking them. I guess my point is that they have 100's of thousands of fans who have bought their music even though not all metal fans like them, so whether you like them or not they have accomplished a lot and deserve to be recognized as one of the top metal bands of all time.
if you're trying to sway me with their records sales, I'm not buying in. 50 million elvis fans can be wrong
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#27 king_tanner

king_tanner

Poker Forum C***

• Members
  • 11,672 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:21 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Tuesday, September 5th, 2006, 8:13 PM, said:

if you're trying to sway me with their records sales, I'm not buying in. 50 million elvis fans can be wrong
I can deal with you not liking Metallica, but please tell me you're not talking crap about Elvis. If you are that is blasphemy.

#28 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,639 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:25 PM

View Postking_tanner, on Tuesday, September 5th, 2006, 8:21 PM, said:

I can deal with you not liking Metallica, but please tell me you're not talking crap about Elvis. If you are that is blasphemy.
To quote chuck D "Elvis was a hero to mos But he never meant, **** to me you see Straight up racist that sucker was Simple and plain Mother fuk him and John Wayne "Elvis built his career ripping off songs writen by and for black people, and selling them to white america. Chuck berry is the king of rock and roll, Elvis was a hack.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#29 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,272 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:27 PM

'BigMcBoring' said:

blah blah blah... my post is too long to read... blah blah blah
I like Metallica.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#30 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,639 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:32 PM

View Postbrvheart, on Tuesday, September 5th, 2006, 8:27 PM, said:

I like Metallica.
You have the attention span of a gnat and terrible taste in music.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#31 king_tanner

king_tanner

Poker Forum C***

• Members
  • 11,672 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:33 PM

Oh man... Now John Wayne? Your dead to me lol.

#32 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,643 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:49 PM

To summarize...Metallica sucks.Chuck Berry is a pedophile.That is all.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#33 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,272 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:54 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Tuesday, September 5th, 2006, 10:32 PM, said:

You have the attention span of a gnat and terrible taste in music.
You are incorrect, as usual.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#34 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,639 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:02 PM

View Postbrvheart, on Tuesday, September 5th, 2006, 8:54 PM, said:

You are incorrect, as usual.
No you are.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#35 rwood

rwood

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:16 PM

this thread has potential to be one of THOSE threads.and by that i mean one of the greats. one reason shown below.

BigDMcGee Posted Today, 9:02 PM

QUOTE(brvheart @ Tuesday, September 5th, 2006, 8:54 PM) You are incorrect, as usual.
No you are.
the replies in this thread are legendary.

#36 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,639 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:56 PM

View Postrwood, on Tuesday, September 5th, 2006, 9:16 PM, said:

this thread has potential to be one of THOSE threads.and by that i mean one of the greats. one reason shown below. No you are. the replies in this thread are legendary.
I can't tell if you're complementing my irony, are oblivious to my irony and yet are using irony, or betting back into my irony with some irony of your own, but irony is involved in this post somehow.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#37 uahphysics

uahphysics

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Math, Games in general

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:59 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Tuesday, September 5th, 2006, 12:37 PM, said:

I think they are just about the most overrated band of all time ( except maybe for the Eagles and Aerosmyth).
:club: :D :D :D :) :) :) :club: :P :P :club: :club: :club: :club: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Add U2 and Audioslave to that list and I'll vote you for President.
QUOTE(DanielNegreanu @ Tuesday, April 3rd, 2007, 5:38 PM) View Post
Patrick Antonious on the other hand, my goodness! Dude is too pretty to be that good at poker! LOL.

#38 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,639 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:12 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Tuesday, September 5th, 2006, 8:49 PM, said:

To summarize...Metallica sucks.Chuck Berry is a pedophile.That is all.
I thought Chuck Berry just pissed on girls, and set up camera's in his bathrom to watch them piss. Are you sure you're not thinking of jerry lee lewis?

View Postuahphysics, on Tuesday, September 5th, 2006, 9:59 PM, said:

:club: :D :D :D :) :) :) :club: :P :P :club: :club: :club: :club: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Add U2 and Audioslave to that list and I'll vote you for President.
Consider them added (well, audioslave sucks, but they haven't had the decades of acclaim required to be most overrated. If they are still around in 20 years [utting out crap, they'll be a cinch) but save your presidential vote, I've got an islan.d to run
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#39 rwood

rwood

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:51 PM