Posted 18 December 2004 - 10:32 AM

PLAYER OF THE YEAR Daniel Negreanu!!! Sounds Awesome Does it not?? :!:

#83 Red_foot_soldier

Red_foot_soldier

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 11:02 AM

Awesome,Got to add my admiration to the posts. Well done so far. Wonder how many of the other players are updating thier fans like daniel. Make sure you win tommorow,You deserve it.Go jenifer too, I'm rooting for you to get 2nd. :-)
Its not how you play that counts, Its whether you win or loose that matters

#84 Mister Hand

Mister Hand

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 11:43 AM

jogsxyz said:

Now that Daniel has a commanding lead, will any of the others try the Lee Jones' strategy of folding their way to second place?
I doubt it. I'm very happy for Daniel, and he's in a great position to win this thing. But I think he'd be the first person to tell you that he still has a lot of work to do. He's playing against some very fine players who want to win this as badly as he does. It wouldn't take a lot to knock his stack down - a couple of losses in "race" situations against all-in players could shake things up in a hurry. If he even gets up to 75% of the chips in heads up, he's still just one hand away from it being an even contest. I hope he wins, and with 2/3 of the chips, he's the obvious favorite. But if you think he can coast into first from this point while the other players lay down and die in an attmept to limp into second, I think you're underestimating the skill of the other players and/or their desire to win.
When you tell me a bad beat story, I don't really listen. I nod sadly and pretend to care, but actually I'm using the time to think about more important things. That way, you feel the sympathy you're seeking, and I put my time to good use. It works for both of us. -- Mike Caro, Super System 2

#85 pokerat89

pokerat89

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 02:33 PM

I think that one or two of them might decided to just play it as tight as they can and avoid any real confrontations until a few more bust out. But it mainly depends on the size of the blinds, which I haven't seen reported anywhere. Anyone know what the blinds are at?
"The credit belongs to the man in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who strives vailantly, who errs and come up short again and again, who at best knows the high achievement of triumph, who at worst, fails while daring greatly for he knows his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory no defeat. "
-- Theodore Roosevelt

#86 OrangeKing

OrangeKing

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 03:08 PM

pokerat89 said:

I think that one or two of them might decided to just play it as tight as they can and avoid any real confrontations until a few more bust out. But it mainly depends on the size of the blinds, which I haven't seen reported anywhere. Anyone know what the blinds are at?
I remember looking at the WPT rules a while back - the blinds at the final table (meaning the final 6, in their lingo) are independant of the blinds in the rest of the tournament. They are set at a level that makes the average stack remaining have 40 times the big blind, then go up from there. I guess it's their way of making sure they get enough hands to tape :D

#87 tekn0wledg

tekn0wledg

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Video Games, Statistics

Posted 18 December 2004 - 05:56 PM

CONGRATS! Totally awesome.I was at my company Christmas party last night thinking about the tournament and how awesome it would be if he could pull it off, the energy I felt was just amazing, and fortunately I got home to an excellent e-mail from the admin and the news pasted all over poker related sites everywhere.... AWESOME!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users