High Stakes Poker....daniel's Call Against E-dog

Not sure if this has been discussed..but..Just wanted to start a discussion on what everyone thought of that call Daniel made against E Dog's quads...On the surface when we analyze the situation it looks like that Daniel made a horrible call on the river..However, we can see the cards and they cant..There is a history there between the two of them and Lindgren in the interview even says Daniel expected him to make a big play at him at some point...Having said that the commentators were really tough on him..What hand could he have beat there...89??8 10???not too many card combinations he can beat where Lindgren just flat calls him...On a side note..I am in the Eli Elezra is a donk club...some of the plays he makes you see on $1-2 on the internet..Calling two raises with KJ???and then calling a huge bet when its obvious E Dog has overpair or set...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you cant blame him for makin the call, hes gotta think theirs gonna be on hand of his this season that holds up. with his luck so far hes gotta think someones gonna try and make a move on him like that. wouldnt most of us have put e-dog on trips?

Well someone asked him why he made the call yesterday on FCP.Random FCPer: Daniel why'd you made that huge call against E-Dog?KidPoker: because I suck at pokerlol, it was pretty funny.

With the pair on the board it seemed pretty clear that the all-in meant a boat or better. I pretty much agree with Kaplan that DN should have been able to lay it down.Still the others were pretty forgiving of the play.Eli - I've never seen so many cooler hands.BG - I have a read on Daniel. When the board pairs he has a straight.

Daniel made a very bad call against E-Dog. It seems as though Daniel never folds, he hasn't made a big laydown (that i have seen) in HSP and been correct. The call against E-dog was awful, the only way he could have the best hand is if E-Dog flat called twice to set up a big bluff on the river. There is a 0.01% chance of him doing that with that board. E-Dog know's DN coulda had a big hand there, and he also knows Daniel never folds big hands. DN has made many awful calls in HSP, and it has cost him. And yes I do know he has ran incredibly unlucky, but he had no reason to lose as much as he did. I know donks that coulda gotten off of 9 10 in that hand.

With the pair on the board it seemed pretty clear that the all-in meant a boat or better. I pretty much agree with Kaplan that DN should have been able to lay it down.Still the others were pretty forgiving of the play.Eli - I've never seen so many cooler hands.BG - I have a read on Daniel. When the board pairs he has a straight.
They're not trying to be forgiving with those comments.They're trying to make him feel good about his call, because they want him to keep doing it.Just sayin.

In review of every street, there was literally no hand he could beat. His only hope was to split with a T9. Bad call, tilt call. The worst part about it was that he knew he had to be beat. I dont get that. Correct me if Im wrong but that betting went flop: 8,000, call. turn: 12,000, call. River: 25,000, raise another 160,000. So after his river bet he had approx. 45K in...... Im just confused about the whole thing.I think he'll regroup and be back to play level headed again.

I don't think Eli's call with K-J after two raises was a donkey move. Only because its a big game though. These guys are so good that they don't have to play by the book and play "fundamental" poker. These big game players mix it up alot and their post flop play probably compensates for their marginal hands.

Eli's play with KJ off suit is so amateurish, what a terrible terrible play all around. He's been the worst player at the table for some time now.
Playing more hands to mix it up is one thing but KJ is not a mix it up hand...Hands like daniel plays are more optimal..Like the small suited connectors...I think a straight forward tight strategy like Grey and Forrest seem to be playing is optimal against this field...People always critisize for playing too tight , however some of the moves that I have watched are really "amateurish"I maybe out of line but I honestly believe that Eli Elezra can't beat a $20-$40 game let alone these limits in this field....

I gotta say, from what IH've seen of the PPT and HSP, DN hates to fold. He got very unlucky, but there were several hands he didn't need to pay off on the river (the j8 hand vs edog's nines full... and also the 109 hand against edog's quads.) I'm certain tilt had something to do with it. I have no way of evaluating DN's play on a whole, but that day, from the edited stuff we saw, that he was on serious tilt. You can see the players just licking their chops. No one is river bluffing dn ( that they showed). Value city.

Playing more hands to mix it up is one thing but KJ is not a mix it up hand...Hands like daniel plays are more optimal..Like the small suited connectors...I think a straight forward tight strategy like Grey and Forrest seem to be playing is optimal against this field...People always critisize for playing too tight , however some of the moves that I have watched are really "amateurish"I maybe out of line but I honestly believe that Eli Elezra can't beat a $20-$40 game let alone these limits in this field....
I've never had any doubt that elezera was one of the fish in the big game. I'm sure he goes on big heaters or what ever, but tehre's no chance he beats that game, with those kind of players. None. Zero. if you go to Barry Greenstiens web site, you'll see a case study in "buttering up the fish" Eli is in the "celebrety" poker players section, I think, and Greenstein is very, very complementary of him, as he is everyone in that section. He knows how to cool off a mark. I think Eli is a dangerous, action player, but I mean.. he can't beat the best playersi n the world like that. No way, no how.
They're not trying to be forgiving with those comments.They're trying to make him feel good about his call, because they want him to keep doing it.Just sayin.
I thought the same thing. Just like when you got a fish at your table and whenever he makes a terrible call you say something to make him think he made the right decision. You certainly wouldn't want to berate him. Most astonishing is that the one big hand I did see DN lay down on HSP was probably one of the worst lay downs I've ever seen-- when he had the nut flush against Todd Brunson.
In review of every street, there was literally no hand he could beat. His only hope was to split with a T9. Bad call, tilt call. The worst part about it was that he knew he had to be beat. I dont get that. Correct me if Im wrong but that betting went flop: 8,000, call. turn: 12,000, call. River: 25,000, raise another 160,000. So after his river bet he had approx. 45K in...... Im just confused about the whole thing.I think he'll regroup and be back to play level headed again.
You guys need to check out DN's blog of 4/13 he covers this show in detail, and owns the fact that this was a total tilt call and he should not have paid Eric off. It all started when Gus Hanson's 55 cracked DN's 66 for a $500,000+ pot. This was a huge pot, forcing Daniel to make a $167,000 call against a $400+ pot on the river. Board was 56958 and Daniel had be trying to represent an over-pair the whole way. So here Daniel figures Gus is making a play, he is not very confident and looks like he is saying well if you can beat a full house I'm going to have to pay you off. I really have no right to critique anyone's play, and don't want to crack on our host here, but it seems this is a huge hole in DN's game. I have noticed this comment in Daniel's Blogs from last year when he was running cold in tourney after tourney. DN has a hard time laying it down on the river, when he is pretty sure his big hands are beat. Now we all have a hard time laying down big hands and I wouldn't even know where I was in a hand like that half the time, but he has and uncanny ability to determine his opponent’s holdings and in this particularly circumstance, make the wrong call. Unless the Mouth is at the table, nobody is bluffing Daniel all in at the river anymore.

He's on tilt and keeps thinking people are bluffing him. The other sharks were probably salivating over it ... where is Phil Laak with his book though to call DN the P.O.W ? From what I've seen he's been the biggest payoff wizard on the show ... FOLD SOMETIMES!

Yeah he was definatly Tilting thats why he called. When he was running good the "day" before he layed down the nut flush to a possible Full House against Todd Brunson so he can make good laydowns. Its just different when your stuck!