27 replies to this topic

#21 DonkSlayer

DonkSlayer

very, very standard

• Members
  • 5,032 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PL Omaha

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:10 AM

Condi won't run. Maybe as a VP she'll consider it.McCain's time has not "passed." Everyone typing this seems to be relaying a personal opinion instead of paying attention to polls and the real situation. He's stayed very fresh and popular despite him climbing up the age ladder.
Fortune favors the brave.

#22 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:06 AM

View PostDonkSlayer, on Thursday, September 7th, 2006, 8:10 AM, said:

Condi won't run. Maybe as a VP she'll consider it.McCain's time has not "passed." Everyone typing this seems to be relaying a personal opinion instead of paying attention to polls and the real situation. He's stayed very fresh and popular despite him climbing up the age ladder.
I agree she won't run, but as VP she would be a force. She's a little too weird to be president though, even though she is smart etc, she just looks too goofy.The reality of the television age.How about Alan Keyes? I really liked him in the Dole era, but not so much in the race against Obama. Still the man is smart, and a strong conservative.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#23 Flack_attack

Flack_attack

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:21 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Thursday, September 7th, 2006, 2:06 PM, said:

How about Alan Keyes? I really liked him in the Dole era, but not so much in the race against Obama. Still the man is smart, and a strong conservative.
QFT, Keyes pwns.
..and your wedding figurines, I'd melt so I could drink them in.. -Death Cab for Cutie

#24 crocd99

crocd99

a flipament champion

• Members
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:26 AM

Warner at 15-1 is the best bet. seriously if the dems were smart that would be there guy. all they need is one red state to win the election. Warner would get a least one and would likely get his home state of virginia that never goes dem in pres elections.serioulsy i think he will win the primary for the dems. HRC will do something dumb during the primaries to ruin her chance.

#25 DonkSlayer

DonkSlayer

very, very standard

• Members
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:36 AM

View Postcrocd99, on Friday, September 8th, 2006, 12:26 PM, said:

Warner at 15-1 is the best bet. seriously if the dems were smart that would be there guy. all they need is one red state to win the election. Warner would get a least one and would likely get his home state of virginia that never goes dem in pres elections.serioulsy i think he will win the primary for the dems. HRC will do something dumb during the primaries to ruin her chance.
Hyaaaaaaaaa!Warner would win VA from anyone except possibly McCain. I think he'd take Fla/LA/MS/Ark down too. If he can get to the general election, he pwns.

#26 greatwhite

greatwhite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,089 posts
  • Interests:poker, skiing, movies, following the yankees, knicks, and jets , and traveling
  • Favorite Poker Game:Pot Limit Omaha

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:45 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Wednesday, September 6th, 2006, 5:54 PM, said:

Condie Rice?
I'd move to Canada. Vote for Stern 2008!

#27 burgerman

burgerman

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold'Em

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:58 AM

If only HRC would commit the ultimate blunder and not win the primaries, Warner would be an outstanding bet. However, I think she's a heavy favorite to win the Democratic nomination. If it's any Democrat other than Hillary, they would give McCain or other GOPers fits. Therefore, I'll take Edwards at 30-1 instead of Warner at 15-1 because the risk is nearly the same and the payoff is twice as much.Burgerman

#28 DonkSlayer

DonkSlayer

very, very standard

• Members
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:11 AM

Bah, you think Edwards can be centrist enough to attract the independent away from McCain or Giuliani? Not so sure about that one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users