• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tilted

tilted

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 11:40 AM

Hey gang! I have been playing NLH now for about 2 years. Mostly home games. The people I play with want to start playing Limit hold em. We want to play $3/$6. I understand that $3 is the min. bet pre flop and after the flop and that $6 is the min. bet on the turn and river. My question is how to the raises work? Is there a max amount you can raise? For instance, if someone bets $3 before the flop how much can I raise it? Thanks for any help/advise.
Scott
Kansas City

May the hands you are delt in life always be the nuts!!!!

#2 Wlleiotl

Wlleiotl

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 11:52 AM

$3 and $6 is the amount you can bet and raise on the streets, theres no minimum or maximum. hence limit.

#3 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts
  • Interests:Poker and Sports

Posted 17 December 2004 - 12:11 PM

Generally, it's 4 to 5 bets as they call them. Say someone makes a bet after the flop for $3... a raise would make it 6 (2 bets) reraise makes it 9 (3 bets) and then normally you would cap it at 12 (4 bets)...some rules allow 5 (wsop does I believe). And then the same after the turn, but it goes 6, 12, 18, 24. Hope that helps.
-Kurt

#4 tilted

tilted

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 12:15 PM

Thanks suited!! That makes it clear now!
Scott
Kansas City

May the hands you are delt in life always be the nuts!!!!

#5 avsfan

avsfan

I don't know!

• Members
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 05:23 PM

you can also remove the limit on amounts of bets when you are heads up...the 4 or 5 bet limit is for pots involving three or more ppl.....thus allowing you and your heads up oppennent to reraise until happy. but the bets will still be in the 3$ or 6$ increament..p.s. i wouldnt go over the 4 or 5 bets without a darn good reason too..FWIW :wall:

"The aspiring one lives in Javel and me I was living in the spiral." -Marcel Duchamp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users