• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tilted

tilted

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 09:28 AM

Hey gang! I have been playing NLH now for about 2 years. Mostly home games. The people I play with want to start playing Limit hold em. We want to play $3/$6. I understand that $3 is the min. bet pre flop and after the flop and that $6 is the min. bet on the turn and river. My question is how to the raises work? Is there a max amount you can raise? For instance, if someone bets $3 before the flop how much can I raise it? Thanks for any help/advise.
Scott
Kansas City

May the hands you are delt in life always be the nuts!!!!

#2 torch

torch

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 04:01 PM

tilted said:

Hey gang! I have been playing NLH now for about 2 years. Mostly home games. The people I play with want to start playing Limit hold em. We want to play $3/$6. I understand that $3 is the min. bet pre flop and after the flop and that $6 is the min. bet on the turn and river. My question is how to the raises work? Is there a max amount you can raise? For instance, if someone bets $3 before the flop how much can I raise it? Thanks for any help/advise.
A raise is in the same increment. If you want to raise preflop, you would put $6 into the pot (a $3 raise). If someone wanted to 3-bet, they would put $9 out.Same for on the turn or river. Bet $6, a raise bumps it to $12, etc.Most places there is a four bet cap on each round of betting. So bet, raise, 3-bet, cap. Preflop, the BB counts as the initial bet, so for that round it is just raise, 3-bet, cap.Hope this helps.

#3 Guest_XXEddie_*

Guest_XXEddie_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2005 - 10:11 PM

FYI.....some place allow 5 bets(bet, raise, re-raise, re-re-raise, cap) but mainly its four bets

#4 Joenin

Joenin

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 05:20 PM

Also keep in mind the cap is mainly to prevent collusion. In a home game you may want to ditch it all together or get rid of it if the action is headsup. Just a thought.
---Joe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users