My 49ers Will Never Win Another Superbowl.

• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

#41 Tiltinagain

Tiltinagain

Every village has it's idiot. Welcome to our village.

• Members
  • 6,027 posts
  • Interests:Poker, gun dog training, fishing, upland hunting, not dying from Lymphoma. Not necessarily in that order.
  • Favorite Poker Game:Liquor in the front. Poker in the rear

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:02 PM

View PostTiltinagain, on Sunday, January 7th, 2007, 9:05 PM, said:

The niners will be much improved next year. Make no mistake, they will get a couple of impact free agents on defense plus fill depth through free agency and the draft. Expect to see another receiver and OL help too...Kwame Harris, finally, will be gone (I hope)People forget that Alex Smith is still younger than any of the QB's taken in the 2006 draft and it was his third (junior) year in college before he "got it" and became a very good QB. Expect huge improvement from him next year.Donahue absolutely ruined this team with bad drafts, bad free agents and bad deals. That doesn't get repaired over night but Nolan and the personnel dept are dong a good job and have the team headed in the right direction.Pre free agency/draft period prediction for 2007 - 10 and 6, wild card team.
Damn was I prophetic back then or what????"impact free agents and fill depth through free agency and the draft" - Done many times over"Expect to see another receiver" - Done, three times! Ashley Lelie, Daryl Jackson, Jason Hill"and OL help too" - OT Joe Staley in the draft"Kwame Harris, finally, will be gone" - Still hoping but expect it to happen after June 1.Rated by most as the franchise with the best offseason in the league.Post free agency/draft period prediction for 2007 - 12 and 4, NFC West champs!!

View PostJubilantLankyLad, on 23 October 2015 - 04:24 PM, said:

Go to hell, brvy.

View Postfrautotenkinder, on 22 May 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

I am not comfortable with vaginas and lunch meats being in the same metaphor. Anything besides saying or implying that is an improvement.

speedz99 said:

Fine...when god dies, I'll be ok with people being upset on facebook.

#42 CJHunt

CJHunt

Blah

• Members
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:37 AM

View PostTiltinagain, on Friday, May 11th, 2007, 10:02 PM, said:

Post free agency/draft period prediction for 2007 - 12 and 4, NFC West champs!!
HUH?September 10 vs. Arizona 7:15 pm WSeptember 16 @ St. Louis 10:00 am LSeptember 23 @ Pittsburgh 10:00 am WSeptember 30 vs. Seattle 1:05 pm WOctober 7 vs. Baltimore 1:15 pm LOctober 14 BYE October 21 @ NY Giants 10:00 am LOctober 28 vs. New Orleans 1:15 pm LNovember 4 @ Atlanta 10:00 am WNovember 12#* @ Seattle 5:30 pm LNovember 18* vs. St. Louis 1:15 pm WNovember 25* @ Arizona 1:05 pm WDecember 2* @ Carolina 10:00 am LDecember 9* vs. Minnesota 1:05 pm WDecember 15* vs. Cincinnati 5:15 pm LDecember 23* vs. Tampa Bay 5:15 pm WDecember 30* @ Cleveland 10:00 am WHello 9-7

#43 H_Factor73

H_Factor73

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Omaha/8

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:00 AM

View PostCJHunt, on Saturday, May 12th, 2007, 8:37 AM, said:

HUH?...Hello 9-7
Unfortunately 9-7 will probably be good enough to win the NFC West this year. The 49ers only true competition is our beloved Seahawks and the non-conference schedule is rough this year.Seattle:Sun 9/9 Tampa Bay WSun 9/16 at Arizona ?Sun 9/23 Cincinnati ?Sun 9/30 at San Francisco LSun 10/7 at Pittsburgh ?Sun 10/14 New Orleans LSun 10/21 St. Louis W bye Sun 11/4 at Cleveland WMon 11/12 San Francisco WSun 11/18 Chicago ?Sun 11/25 at St. Louis ?Sun 12/2 at Philadelphia LSun 12/9 Arizona WSun 12/16 at Carolina LSun 12/23 Baltimore LSun 12/30 at Atlanta ?Seahawks record 5-5 (+ ? = 6). If they go half and half on the ? games, the Seahawks would be 8-8 again.Chances are the Seahawks will be back to 2005 form if everyone stays healthy this year. But, Alexander's foot looks like it is still broken and may become an issue. Hasselbeck and the receivers will be top notch, so the offense will probably be good this year provided the running game doesn't get stuffed like 2006. But our main issue was inconsistency on defense. We couldn't stop the run, especially Gore. Plus home field was tarnished last year and games against New Orleans, Baltimore, Cincinatti and Chicago are going to test that again. It's going to be a fun year. It won't be a cakewalk like it has for the last three years. It will be more exciting than the Super Bowl run in my opinion provided the refs don't get in the way. The NFC West will have a lot of parity this year and be similar to the NFC East in toughness of schedule. I'll never say Arizona is going to be strong until they actually prove it, but there is a lot of potential there. And you can't write off St. Louis either.Final standingsSeattle 9-7 (4-2 div)San Fran. 9-7 (4-2 div)St. Louis 8-8 (2-4 div)Arizona 7-9 (2-4 div)

#44 CJHunt

CJHunt

Blah

• Members
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:58 AM

View PostH_Factor73, on Saturday, May 12th, 2007, 10:00 AM, said:

Unfortunately 9-7 will probably be good enough to win the NFC West this year. The 49ers only true competition is our beloved Seahawks and the non-conference schedule is rough this year.Seattle:Sun 9/9 Tampa Bay WSun 9/16 at Arizona ?Sun 9/23 Cincinnati ?Sun 9/30 at San Francisco LSun 10/7 at Pittsburgh ?Sun 10/14 New Orleans LSun 10/21 St. Louis W bye Sun 11/4 at Cleveland WMon 11/12 San Francisco WSun 11/18 Chicago ?Sun 11/25 at St. Louis ?Sun 12/2 at Philadelphia LSun 12/9 Arizona WSun 12/16 at Carolina LSun 12/23 Baltimore LSun 12/30 at Atlanta ?Seahawks record 5-5 (+ ? = 6). If they go half and half on the ? games, the Seahawks would be 8-8 again.Chances are the Seahawks will be back to 2005 form if everyone stays healthy this year. But, Alexander's foot looks like it is still broken and may become an issue. Hasselbeck and the receivers will be top notch, so the offense will probably be good this year provided the running game doesn't get stuffed like 2006. But our main issue was inconsistency on defense. We couldn't stop the run, especially Gore. Plus home field was tarnished last year and games against New Orleans, Baltimore, Cincinatti and Chicago are going to test that again. It's going to be a fun year. It won't be a cakewalk like it has for the last three years. It will be more exciting than the Super Bowl run in my opinion provided the refs don't get in the way. The NFC West will have a lot of parity this year and be similar to the NFC East in toughness of schedule. I'll never say Arizona is going to be strong until they actually prove it, but there is a lot of potential there. And you can't write off St. Louis either, unless they trade Trent Green.Final standingsSeattle 9-7 (4-2 DIV)San Fran. 9-7 (4-2 DIV)St. Louis 8-8 (2-4 DIV)Arizona 7-9 (2-4 DIV)
You mean division not conference. Trent Green plays/played for the Chiefs. Not the Rams

#45 H_Factor73

H_Factor73

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:34 PM

View PostCJHunt, on Saturday, May 12th, 2007, 10:58 AM, said:

You mean division not conference. Trent Green plays/played for the Chiefs. Not the Rams
I don't know what you're talking about. I don't see any of that in my post.Dude ... it's saturday morning and I'm asleep and hung over.

#46 CJHunt

CJHunt

Blah

• Members
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:48 PM

View PostH_Factor73, on Saturday, May 12th, 2007, 1:34 PM, said:

I don't know what you're talking about. I don't see any of that in my post.Dude ... it's saturday morning and I'm asleep and hung over.
Just pointing it out. :club: You know your a sick football fan when you watch Inside Minicamp on NFLN. :D

#47 H_Factor73

H_Factor73

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:13 PM

View PostCJHunt, on Saturday, May 12th, 2007, 7:48 PM, said:

Just pointing it out. :club: You know your a sick football fan when you watch Inside Minicamp on NFLN. :D
Yeah I Tivo'd it.I can't wait for September. This is going to be a great year to watch football in the Northwest -- even if we end up 7-9

#48 Tiltinagain

Tiltinagain

• Members
  • 6,027 posts
  • Interests:Poker, gun dog training, fishing, upland hunting, not dying from Lymphoma. Not necessarily in that order.

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:45 PM

View PostCJHunt, on Saturday, May 12th, 2007, 8:37 AM, said:

HUH?September 10 vs. Arizona 7:15 pm WSeptember 16 @ St. Louis 10:00 am LSeptember 23 @ Pittsburgh 10:00 am WSeptember 30 vs. Seattle 1:05 pm WOctober 7 vs. Baltimore 1:15 pm LOctober 14 BYE October 21 @ NY Giants 10:00 am LOctober 28 vs. New Orleans 1:15 pm LNovember 4 @ Atlanta 10:00 am WNovember 12#* @ Seattle 5:30 pm LNovember 18* vs. St. Louis 1:15 pm WNovember 25* @ Arizona 1:05 pm WDecember 2* @ Carolina 10:00 am LDecember 9* vs. Minnesota 1:05 pm WDecember 15* vs. Cincinnati 5:15 pm LDecember 23* vs. Tampa Bay 5:15 pm WDecember 30* @ Cleveland 10:00 am WHello 9-7
I see 10 and 6 but i see your point.And the Mariners suck BTW FWIW :club:

Go to hell, brvy.

I am not comfortable with vaginas and lunch meats being in the same metaphor. Anything besides saying or implying that is an improvement.

speedz99 said:

#49 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

Go Niners

• Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:03 PM

49ERS BABY WEEEEEEEEEE bump

#50 jcashx36x

jcashx36x

Time to Explode n' Create in 08

• Members
  • 2,298 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:03 AM

Ashley Lelie, will have his best season in his 1st yr with the 49ers!
jcashx36x on pokerstars

#51 Tiltinagain

Tiltinagain

• Members
  • 6,027 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:07 PM

So now that we're half way through the preseason what is everyone thinking now?My takes....Alex Smith looks like a completely different QB. Even the East Coast biased media types are expecting him to have a big year this year.Patrick Willis is a beast....looks like a veteran out there and will have 125+ tackles this year now that he's starting.Darryl Jackson can def. still play. Even Ashley Lelie looked good. It's hard to believe that the niners will actually have some depth at WR this year.I'm really excited to see what our DB's do but I think they could turn around from 26th in pass def. last year to top 10 or 15 this year.I am sticking by my 10-6 prediction for now. I don't think the Seahawks are going to be as good as some think. The Cardinals are never as good as some think and the Rams well....they're the Rams.NFC West champs is a distinct possibility.Crazy part....They're going to be straight scary good next year.GO NINERS!!

Go to hell, brvy.

speedz99 said:

#52 WKTSWAY

WKTSWAY

Big Ten Inch

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:42 PM

View Postjcashx36x, on Sunday, July 29th, 2007, 6:03 AM, said:

Ashley Lelie, will have his best season in his 1st yr with the 49ers!
I do not like him at all....I'm hoping Jason Hill takes over as the #2 WR by the end of the year...he's the best WR on the team now, but probably won't play a whole lot.
:This space for rent:

#53 CJHunt

CJHunt

Blah

• Members
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:34 PM

View PostTiltinagain, on Tuesday, June 12th, 2007, 9:45 PM, said:

And the Mariners suck BTW FWIW :club:
2 Game lead in the Wild CardOnly 1 Game behind the Angel's with a HUGE 3 game set coming up next week.WHAT?!?!?! Yes, I'm responding to a post made well over two months ago.

#54 fjl2nd

fjl2nd

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Poker..obviously, Football, Basketball, Hockey, music, playing in my band...
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Holdem

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:50 PM

Am I the only person who have the Rams as a potential sleeper team. I really like what they did in the offseason and definitely think they can challenge for the division. The NFC West is WIDE open. I will enjoy watching that division.I like the Rams to win the division in a shocker. Seahawks potentially for the wild card.

#55 WKTSWAY

WKTSWAY

Big Ten Inch

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:42 AM

View Postfjl2nd, on Friday, August 24th, 2007, 12:50 AM, said:

Am I the only person who have the Rams as a potential sleeper team. I really like what they did in the offseason and definitely think they can challenge for the division. The NFC West is WIDE open. I will enjoy watching that division.I like the Rams to win the division in a shocker. Seahawks potentially for the wild card.
I don't see the Rams winning the division as a shocker at all. I could also see the Seahawks missing out on the playoffs. I think the Rams may barely miss the playoffs or barely make it in (by not winning the division)...I don't think a wild card will come from this division, but you never know. I think it will be close between the 9ers, Rams and Seashawks for the division with the Rams or 9ers taking it.

#56 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

Go Niners

• Members
  • 5,191 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:16 PM

BUMP for a new season of niners football! We're down 10-7 right now to the Cards after that stupid penalty of running into the kicker...

#57 Tiltinagain

Tiltinagain

• Members
  • 6,027 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 02:48 PM

View PostCJHunt, on Thursday, August 23rd, 2007, 10:34 PM, said:

2 Game lead in the Wild CardOnly 1 Game behind the Angel's with a HUGE 3 game set coming up next week.WHAT?!?!?! Yes, I'm responding to a post made well over two months ago.
Bahhaaahhaahhaahhaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! How ya feeling now?? :D :club: I don't know about anyone else but, even though our offense was putrid for all but 3 minutes of the game, I was stoked the whole game by how our defense was shutting down the AZ receivers. I must admit to still having that "Is this the play where they throw a 60 yard bomb and the DB's totally blow the coverage resulting in a TD" feeling for most of the game but if our defense continues to play like they did I like our chances. Why is Lelie not getting on the field when he had a decent preseason?? Better than Taylor Jacobs but he still can't get on the field. Though Nolan keeps sounding like that may change saying Jacobs is the #3 "for now".I'm really liking our chances agains St Louis tomorrow, especially with all of their offensive line injuries. And one of their starting CB's, Hill I think, is out with an injury.

Go to hell, brvy.

speedz99 said:

#58 WKTSWAY

WKTSWAY

Big Ten Inch

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:09 PM

w00t!

#59 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

Go Niners

• Members
  • 5,191 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:25 PM

View PostWKTSWAY, on Sunday, September 16th, 2007, 2:09 PM, said:

w00t!
QFT! But our offense better get a whole lot better before Pittsburgh.

#60 WKTSWAY

WKTSWAY

Big Ten Inch

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:25 PM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Sunday, September 16th, 2007, 5:25 PM, said:

QFT! But our offense better get a whole lot better before Pittsburgh.
Yeah, hope that's not all cause of Turner being gone and Smith can get better quick.2-0 in the division so far is awesome though...can make it 3-0 in week 4 vs. Sea and the division is looking very good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users