• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#1 missIdaho

missIdaho

Forum Hostess

• Members
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:44 AM

Let's post our favorite moments here at FCP. Whether it be a thread, post or tournment that you have fond memories of, post it here.One of my all time favorite memories here is when Daniel went on PP and played STTs in disguise. It was a classic moment that I think created more signatures for FCP members than any other event.Your turn ..........

#2 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 8,373 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:48 AM

My favorite is winning the Heads up championship bracket pool. Love that Jersey.Oh and just about any story from beans.
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#3 missIdaho

missIdaho

Forum Hostess

• Members
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:49 AM

Close second for my favorite FCP moment was when Ron_Mexico explained Purple Rain to the deaf guy. I dare anyone to find a better post than that.

#4 TheSkearnel

TheSkearnel

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:57 AM

A couple moments that sit in my mind:The First Forum Challenge Freeroll tournament. There were over 150 FCPers in it, and I think it was MarionSauce who went further than the rest of us. That was the true beginning of what has become the FCP Rail Experience. Whenever a fellow FCPer is at a final table, FCP comes out like gangbusters to root them on. And it all started at that Freeroll.The other one I can think of is the FCP vs NWP war. Before we got great new members like Scottyno, who also posts on NWP, there was a lot of back and forth between the two forums. There was a lot of rumor over a potential DN vs. Neverwin match, and the forums started jumping over it. There was even a heads up tournament where FCP and NWP faced off. I finished 2nd in that tourney, to NWP, who rumor has it had Jennicide jump in on the NWPers account to play me. (Either way, someone different was playing me. The guy sat out for 5 minutes during the match, then jumped back on and played completely different.) It was a lot of fun.Those are my two big'uns.-Shawn K
My Blog: "Journey to Robusto"
http://journeytorobusto.blogspot.com

#5 missIdaho

missIdaho

Forum Hostess

• Members
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:01 AM

View PostTheSkearnel, on Monday, August 21st, 2006, 1:57 PM, said:

The other one I can think of is the FCP vs NWP war. Before we got great new members like Scottyno, who also posts on NWP, there was a lot of back and forth between the two forums. There was a lot of rumor over a potential DN vs. Neverwin match, and the forums started jumping over it. There was even a heads up tournament where FCP and NWP faced off. I finished 2nd in that tourney, to NWP, who rumor has it had Jennicide jump in on the NWPers account to play me. (Either way, someone different was playing me. The guy sat out for 5 minutes during the match, then jumped back on and played completely different.) It was a lot of fun.Those are my two big'uns.-Shawn K
I remember that tourney well. You took me out in the second round. I rember railing you until the end. You made us proud.

#6 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 8,373 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:02 AM

View PostmissIdaho, on Monday, August 21st, 2006, 12:49 PM, said:

Close second for my favorite FCP moment was when Ron_Mexico explained Purple Rain to the deaf guy. I dare anyone to find a better post than that.
Consider my curiousity piqued. Perhaps I shall have to attempt to avail myself of the dreaded "search" function. Unless you want to be reeeeeally cool and link it in here :club:
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#7 keith crime

keith crime

Ron Mexico's ghostwriter

• Members
  • 7,435 posts
  • Interests:flesh peddling

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:06 AM

I thought it was really cool when the charter membership promotion happened and all kinds of new talent joined the fcp ranks

#8 missIdaho

missIdaho

Forum Hostess

• Members
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:06 AM

View Posthank213, on Monday, August 21st, 2006, 2:02 PM, said:

Consider my curiousity piqued. Perhaps I shall have to attempt to avail myself of the dreaded "search" function. Unless you want to be reeeeeally cool and link it in here :club:
Does anyone remember what thread it was in? Link it. That post should be put in some sort of FCP hall of fame.

#9 Yoda

Yoda

FCP Superstars Champion, Jedi Master & Lesbian Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,822 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:07 AM

Mercury (AKA RKIGS) ruining the end of amazing race in the poker client chat and DN saying "I seriously hate you right now." Couldn't stop laughing.2nd best might've been DN calling out Cemo on the video blog. That was incredibly funny too.

[15:06] <Jan99> go J E T S

#10 missIdaho

missIdaho

Forum Hostess

• Members
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:07 AM

View Postkeith crime, on Monday, August 21st, 2006, 2:06 PM, said:

I thought it was really cool when the charter membership promotion happened and all kinds of new talent joined the fcp ranks
uh huh ... sure

#11 JPajamas

JPajamas

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:tournament poker

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:08 AM

Gettin' paid to wear FCP swag at the WSOP. Good times, good poker. I hope we do it again next year!
3-2-A-K-Q is NOT a straight.

#12 gadjet

gadjet

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 878 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:08 AM

The Logo design contest was a good time, everyone reviewin everyone elses... and the trip to DN"s was good incentive back then...
"People can make up statistics to prove anything, 73% of people know that!" - Homer Simpson

#13 jowest

jowest

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:09 AM

Remember when................you could buy the affection of a poker pro with nothing more than promises of homemade pottery?What happened to those days?
if you are anywhere near Portland Oregon click here: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...showtopic=64932

#14 DrawingDeadInDM

DrawingDeadInDM

BCS Bound

• Members
  • 18,247 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:11 AM

View PostmissIdaho, on Monday, August 21st, 2006, 11:06 AM, said:

Does anyone remember what thread it was in? Link it. That post should be put in some sort of FCP hall of fame.
The "Where Did You Get Your Name?" thread.
I'm also fed up with the common cold but I just hate to say goodbye.

#15 finztotheleft

finztotheleft

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:19 AM

View PostmissIdaho, on Monday, August 21st, 2006, 10:49 AM, said:

I missed that one.......anyone have a link ?

#16 Actuary

Actuary

• Members
  • 19,026 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:20 AM

smasharoo

#17 finztotheleft

finztotheleft

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:26 AM

You beat me to it Actuary.....Smash sure made things interesting !

#18 turd ferguson

turd ferguson

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,322 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:32 AM

The redpill/czpoker split was good times.

#19 Canuckickstan

Canuckickstan

Hugh Jorgen

• Members
  • 5,167 posts
  • Interests:Playing the Drums and riding my Bike
  • Favorite Poker Game:Skipaments !!

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:37 AM

Back when the Neg-O was on Stars, the daily threads would get huge and there was a ton of posting. Mostly bad beats but a lot of fun and camaraderie.
RonnieMexico23 (10:37:47 PM): call me fat agian
RonnieMexico23 (10:37:53 PM): it makes me rock hard

#20 missIdaho

missIdaho

Forum Hostess

• Members
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:38 AM

View PostCanuckickstan, on Monday, August 21st, 2006, 2:37 PM, said:

Back when the Neg-O was on Stars, the daily threads would get huge and there was a ton of posting. Mostly bad beats but a lot of fun and camaraderie.
careful .... the mods are watching

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users