before you post in strategy! converter tool.

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 LeeDanger

LeeDanger

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:sports, poker, partying, economics

Posted 22 March 2005 - 02:30 PM

Man, I love all these new spreadsheets and stuff that allow people to keep track of all these statistics.
Awwwww, I almost have a straight!

#22 cdxx

cdxx

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:outdoor sports

Posted 23 March 2005 - 09:09 AM

JaysonWeber said:

obs said:

I use the 2+2 forum selection and then replace color: with color=. Maybe you could contact the author for an option? I do this so it uses the suit icons ( :D :) :) :) )
I've contacted him allready... waiting for a reply.
i've had a few hands not be converted properly. especially in NL, raise, re-raise, re-raise all-in generates rather bad summary, with the pot equal to only the original amount before reraises. anyone seen this problem? and/or emailed the author about it?

#23 LeeDanger

LeeDanger

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:sports, poker, partying, economics

Posted 23 March 2005 - 02:12 PM

a little off topic, but is there a way to see hand histories in PokerStars without having to request them?
Awwwww, I almost have a straight!

#24 JFarrell20

JFarrell20

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:45 PM

OK I'm testing this thing out. Look over the hand though...it's amazing.Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converterPreflop: Dirk Diggler is SB with [6s], [6h]. CO posts a blind of $0.5. 1 fold.Flop: (11 SB) [Ad], [4d], [As] (5 players)Dirk Diggler checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Dirk Diggler folds.I misplayed this hand. Immediately I figured I'd close the betting for .5 BB in hopes of spiking a 6 for a trips...then I thought I may still be behind anyway if someone has an ace... I forgot that a 6 would give me a boat! I do stupid stuff like this when I multi-table. Pot odds said I should call. Oh well. Flame away! See what ends up winning this hand. It just made me laugh. Oh well.Turn: (7 BB) [3c] (3 players)UTG+1 bets, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.River: (10 BB) [7s] (3 players)UTG+1 bets, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.Final Pot: 12 BBEdit.. it doesn't show the results but MP3 wins this with a K4! I was like... WTF?

#25 KDawgCometh

KDawgCometh

old skool

• Members
  • 15,174 posts
  • Interests:poker(duh), soccer, football, rugby, music, and film

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:50 PM

OK I'm testing this thing out. Look over the hand though...it's amazing.Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converterPreflop: Dirk Diggler is SB with [6s], [6h]. CO posts a blind of $0.5. 1 fold.Flop: (11 SB) [Ad], [4d], [As] (5 players)Dirk Diggler checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Dirk Diggler folds.CR this flop. Your either way ahead or way behind. A CR will let you know as you can then lead the turn and if you are riased you can then fold. If you are threebet on the flop then you call and plan on folding the turn. That is how you play aggressive poker, and trust me it'll win more than you could imagineI misplayed this hand. Immediately I figured I'd close the betting for .5 BB in hopes of spiking a 6 for a trips...then I thought I may still be behind anyway if someone has an ace... I forgot that a 6 would give me a boat! I do stupid stuff like this when I multi-table. Pot odds said I should call. Oh well. Flame away! See what ends up winning this hand. It just made me laugh. Oh well.Turn: (7 BB) [3c] (3 players)UTG+1 bets, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.River: (10 BB) [7s] (3 players)UTG+1 bets, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.Final Pot: 12 BB
Wine Notes for those that care about such pretentious things

#26 Rocketwadster

Rocketwadster

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,816 posts
  • Interests:Gambling, Sports

Posted 01 April 2005 - 11:34 AM

does this thingy work with Paradise hand histories? I've copied and pasted some, but no dice...

#27 Rocketwadster

Rocketwadster

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,816 posts
  • Interests:Gambling, Sports

Posted 01 April 2005 - 11:39 AM

Rocketwadster said:

does this thingy work with Paradise hand histories?  I've copied and pasted some, but no dice...
Ignore that post, I didnt see the button that showed what sites were supported. I was trying to do stud hands, which aren't supported at paradise...sorry

#28 DCWildcat

DCWildcat

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 12:34 AM

Does this work for Poker Room ones? It says ring games are supported, but every time I've tried putting a ring game HH in there it says the format ain't recognized...

#29 Absolute

Absolute

The Greatest

• Members
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 02:10 PM

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is BB with Q:club:, 2:heart:. 4 folds, SB completes, Hero checks.Flop: (3 SB) T:spade:, Q:spade:, 7:diamond: (3 players)SB checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls, SB folds.Turn: (2.50 BB) 9:spade: (2 players)Hero bets, MP3 calls.River: (4.50 BB) 3:spade: (2 players)Hero bets, MP3 folds.Final Pot: 5.50 BB
i saw him at the riverbank. he was breaking bread and giving thanks. with crosses made of pipes and planks. leaned up against the nitrous tanks.
he said take a hit. hold your breath and i'll dunk your head. then when you wake up, you'll be high as hell and born again.

- The Hold Steady

#30 DCWildcat

DCWildcat

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 10:15 PM

Pretty.

#31 wrto4556

wrto4556

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,418 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 10:53 PM

lolChris,change "color:" to "color="so it lookse like this hero raises
back for kramit

#32 Vade

Vade

Forum Shopkeeper

• Members
  • 3,864 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Sports, Movies

Posted 15 May 2005 - 11:23 PM

Ok, I'm hoping this can be seen by Jayson and added to the main post.If you absolutely, positively cannot use the convertor (In my opinion, the only excuses are playing at a site where it doesn't work, or are listing a live hand or a hand from memory)Please, please PLEASE seperate the hand out from being a long blob, and use Bold, or Italics or underlines to make it easily legible for all. I know I speak for others when I say that I often read strategy posts late at night or early in the morning, and might miss something important.Again, if you can't use the convertor because of an incompatible site, please do what you can to make it easier on tired eyes.Thank youVade
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

#33 DCWildcat

DCWildcat

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 02:05 PM

Vade said:

Ok, I'm hoping this can be seen by Jayson and added to the main post.If you absolutely, positively cannot use the convertor (In my opinion, the only excuses are playing at a site where it doesn't work, or are listing a live hand or a hand from memory)Please, please PLEASE seperate the hand out from being a long blob, and use Bold, or Italics or underlines to make it easily legible for all. I know I speak for others when I say that I often read strategy posts late at night or early in the morning, and might miss something important.Again, if you can't use the convertor because of an incompatible site, please do what you can to make it easier on tired eyes.Thank youVade
Amen. Too bad they haven't fixed the pokerroom format for the converter.

#34 Vade

Vade

Forum Shopkeeper

• Members
  • 3,864 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Sports, Movies

Posted 16 May 2005 - 02:06 PM

Nice pic of you and DN in that avatar :club:
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

#35 DCWildcat

DCWildcat

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:56 PM

Why thank you 8)I figure next time someone disagrees with my opinion on this thing, I'll tell them to shut the hell up and look at my avatar...you better believe I'm going to exploit my 20 seconds of talking to him.

#36 Drum Infected

Drum Infected

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • Interests:music,video games,Poker (duh)

Posted 01 July 2005 - 11:26 PM

Wow thanks for the info hookup link! Posted Imagedoes anyone know if it works for ultimate bet and doyles room?

#37 RISEorFall

RISEorFall

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,984 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:HU freezeout 4 souls

Posted 01 July 2005 - 11:39 PM

Drum Infected said:

does anyone know if  it works for ultimate bet and doyles room?
Works for UB, no idea about Doyle's Room tho.

#38 dreamcrusher28

dreamcrusher28

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Pokah
  • Favorite Poker Game:....why all of them of course!!

Posted 08 July 2005 - 12:18 PM

Just trying out the converter. If this does not come out right, please advise how to fix, im not computer savvy. :oops:Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is UTG with A:diamond:, 7:spade:. Hero posts a blind of $0.5. Hero (poster) checks, 2 folds, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: (4 SB) 8:club:, 4:club:, 9:diamond: (4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.Turn: (2 BB) 6:club: (4 players)SB checks, BB bets, Hero folds, MP2 folds, SB folds.Final Pot: 3 BB
-Only H.O.R.S.E.men who play 2-7 TD are true poker players.

#39 custom36

custom36

FCP Veteran, Politico

• Members
  • 16,157 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:52 AM

Bumping this to the top now that there's so much up here.

#40 IceNine

IceNine

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:51 AM

Hmm.. It doesn't seem to work with FullTiltPoker.--FTP:IceNine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users