enlighten us, o wannabee wise one
Click my link.Try the search function.Start with a dictionary and find the definition of the term "equity".After that, go back to the general poker forum, where you apparently belong.- Zach
Click my link.Try the search function.Start with a dictionary and find the definition of the term "equity".After that, go back to the general poker forum, where you apparently belong.- Zach
Again, u offer no expertise of your own.
I come here to help those who are willing to learn, not those who wish to argue.Your definition of fold equity was so far off base that I'd try and help you, if not for the way you have been responding to my posts, trying to help you.However, for the sake of the thread, I will give a definition off the top of my head.Equity can be defined as the percentage of the pot that is ours.Ie. Assume we are all in preflop with AA vs KK. The pot is $100. Our equity in that pot would be the $81.946, that also happens to equal our expected value, since we will win this hand 81.946% of the time.Fold equity is the percentage of the time that our opponent will fold his equity in the pot. Take the same situation, where we each have $50 behind. However, this time we have QQ, and he has KK. Our equity preflop is 18.065%. Now, say we just end up putting in $5 each preflop, so the pot is $10 going to the flop. The pot comes A53 rainbow, for example. Depending on the way we play the hand, we could gain some fold equity by representing the ace, and having our opponent fold a better hand, and forfeit his share in the pot.The term doesn't necessarily apply to always having to fold better hands, but if say for example you have 55, and the flop comes 2TA, and the villain has JQ. You could conceivably bet and get him to fold his 41.212% equity in the pot, since he probably doesn't know he has 10 full outs.This is just an overview.Is it enough?For more info, check out the links I so generously provided.Good luck.- Zach
Can someone plz explain fold equity to me? cuz i feel dumb
Don't feel dumb. Unless you actually are.Chris Ferguson didn't even know what fold equity was until a week ago. They interviewed him during the ME final table coverage and asked him to explain fold equity to new players, but he didn't know what it was.
Don't feel dumb. Unless you actually are.Chris Ferguson didn't even know what fold equity was until a week ago. They interviewed him during the ME final table coverage and asked him to explain fold equity to new players, but he didn't know what it was.
now that i think about it, i bet lots of name pros who arn't the author's of books etc. dont know about several concepts and theories. the ones who learned the game just from playing probably follow these theories even though they don't know what they are. i dont know, just a thought
He's just not familar with the term. I'd be stunned if he didn't know what it was.
This leaves us asking... is it better to offer no expertise or to make something up like you did... you missed the mark by a mile with that fold equity definition, there's no need to try and save face by insulting Zach... just walk away...
This leaves us asking... is it better to offer no expertise or to make something up like you did... you missed the mark by a mile with that fold equity definition, there's no need to try and save face by insulting Zach... just walk away...
I'd prefer to make something up. This causes buzz and people like Zachary will zoom in and correct it. Thus the guy's topic gets answered quicker........
I'd prefer to make something up. This causes buzz and people like Zachary will zoom in and correct it. Thus the guy's topic gets answered quicker........
ur growing on me.****************************simply fold equity is the marginal addinitional value you have in your hand from getting your opponents to fold their equity in the pot.eh... probably covered by Zach alread, I didn't read.I'd say it's misapplied overall, and overassumed in low limit LH.
And then you make fun of him for copying his answer from all the other posts... you might be onto something here... you should post this in the strategy forum...
Why bother explaining this to you, someone who just wants to argue, when he's already linked to a thread answering the definition of fold equity?No need to explain it twice. :club:
Why bother explaining this to you, someone who just wants to argue, when he's already linked to a thread answering the definition of fold equity?No need to explain it twice. :D
I thought arguing was the highest form of debating. And, besides, if you read all posts carefully, it seems the ones that are accusing me of arguing are guilty of arguing themselves. Just for sake of argument........ :D
just another observation: I believe I posted this on Saturday, and you add reply on Thursday? (Loopie < tryin to restrain himself)alot can happen in almost a week's timeand u pick my post, u tryin to start an argument sir? :club:
yeah, I mean, who has time to respond every 2 minutes.we have a life you know.
yeah right. Theres some free time between party poker hands as long as you are not playing 10 tables at once and flipping around on the tube.
I'm not sure what difference it makes if it was a week or an hour between posts. It still is what it is. Just my observation.
Two words for ya: grain, salt
yeah, I mean, who has time to respond every 2 minutes.we have a life you know.
Liar