#21 KDawgCometh

KDawgCometh

old skool

• Members
  • 15,174 posts
  • Interests:poker(duh), soccer, football, rugby, music, and film

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:04 PM

View PostSBriand, on Friday, August 25th, 2006, 12:50 PM, said:

Did anyone see that elbow that Thatcher (Man City) put on Perdro Mendes (Spurs) the other day. Damn that was sick. Guess Man City suspended him for it but the league has had no reaction to it yet. Can't believe he only got a yellow for it in the first place.
what's nuts is if you watch it closely Mendes is KOd before he hit the ground
Wine Notes for those that care about such pretentious things

#22 KDawgCometh

KDawgCometh

old skool

• Members
  • 15,174 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:59 AM

View PostDonkSlayer, on Monday, August 21st, 2006, 10:44 PM, said:

Good luck.
hey, look, again I was right, what a shocker. 3 games, 9 pts, and top of the prem, with two of the games sans scholes and rooney.

#23 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 04:43 PM

Aresenal not looking so good early. Damn shots hitting the cross bar left and right.

#24 sharkbite

sharkbite

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:LO8

Posted 27 August 2006 - 12:31 PM

So what have we learned thus far in the season:Manchester United doesn't seem to be missing Ruud (or Scholes and Rooney, for the time being).Chelsea isn't unbeatable, but after the Blackburn game is rounding into form.Liverpool is looking much like they have in other years: inconsistent but able to do just enough when the moment calls for it. Squeaked by Maccabi Haifa. Looked pretty good against West Ham. Arsenal seem to have some issues. At least they made it into the group stage of Champs League.Spurs are in a real mess. Losing to ten-man Everton (my choice to have a real bounce-back season). Villa are also looking very solid. The appointment of Martin O'Neill and the stability of new ownership seem to have helped the team on the pitch. Newcastle on the other hand looks to be in a bit of a mess again. Sign a new striker (Obafemi Martins) and he goes out and gets hurt in his first match. I'm interested to see how 'boro does tomorrow. See if they look like the side that beat Chelsea or the side that lost to Reading.
A fool and his money are soon partying

#25 gkunit20

gkunit20

Professor Backwards

• Members
  • 11,262 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 01:51 PM

Blah.

#26 DonkSlayer

DonkSlayer

very, very standard

• Members
  • 5,032 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PL Omaha

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:15 PM

View PostKDawgCometh, on Saturday, August 26th, 2006, 2:59 PM, said:

hey, look, again I was right, what a shocker. 3 games, 9 pts, and top of the prem, with two of the games sans scholes and rooney.
Right about what? Have they awarded the cup yet?
Fortune favors the brave.

#27 KDawgCometh

KDawgCometh

old skool

• Members
  • 15,174 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 09:05 PM

View PostDonkSlayer, on Sunday, August 27th, 2006, 11:15 PM, said:

Right about what? Have they awarded the cup yet?
no, they haven't, but u claimed that they'd struggle w/o rooney and scholes, I said they wouldn't, I was right that they didn't. Reading what I wrote may help

#28 Filesharer

Filesharer

The Byslexic

• Members
  • 1,603 posts
  • Interests:film, sport

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:44 AM

Spurs for the league.
Looks like i picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

#29 DonkSlayer

DonkSlayer

very, very standard

• Members
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:44 AM

View PostKDawgCometh, on Monday, August 28th, 2006, 1:05 AM, said:

no, they haven't, but u claimed that they'd struggle w/o rooney and scholes, I said they wouldn't, I was right that they didn't. Reading what I wrote may help
You're easily the most defensive person I've ever posted with.I said "w/o Rooney for the next 3 weeks: Good luck."Didn't say they would struggle. In fact, my OP on this thread has Man U finishing top 3. Eaaaasssy..

#30 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 06:20 AM

Arsenal needs to learn how to finish. They should have scored at least 4 or 5 goals against City and failed to even get a shot off on their great chances. They definately have the ability to be a great team but they are missing a key ingredient. Bummer about Newcastle. I was hoping hard for a win this week.Yay! Fulham gets their first win. I will be happy with a top half of the table finish this year so they are currently doing that. Too bad there are like 30+ games left. :club:
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#31 KDawgCometh

KDawgCometh

old skool

• Members
  • 15,174 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:56 AM

View PostDonkSlayer, on Monday, August 28th, 2006, 8:44 AM, said:

You're easily the most defensive person I've ever posted with.I said "w/o Rooney for the next 3 weeks: Good luck."Didn't say they would struggle. In fact, my OP on this thread has Man U finishing top 3. Eaaaasssy..
lol, you over react to a lot of stuff don't you. If I'm easily the most defensive person that you've ever posted with, then you haven't either seen most of my posts, or don't go to that many other internet sites. Lest we also not forget you jumping all over my jock over saying what region a poster's IP came from, so pot, kettle, blackI make a post gloating about my team doing well and you come in saying that they haven't won the cup yet, all I was doing was pointing out that I was happy that they still kicked *** w/o scholes or Rooney. Again, reading and contextual comprehension may help before posting

#32 DonkSlayer

DonkSlayer

very, very standard

• Members
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:18 AM

View PostKDawgCometh, on Monday, August 28th, 2006, 1:56 PM, said:

Again, reading and contextual comprehension may help before posting
Apologies. I will try to read what you meant to mean and not what you said.

#33 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:08 AM

Watched the Portsmouth game last night. They looked really good against Boro. gkunit, any word on how Martins is?
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#34 DonkSlayer

DonkSlayer

very, very standard

• Members
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:28 AM

View PostSBriand, on Tuesday, August 29th, 2006, 12:08 PM, said:

Watched the Portsmouth game last night. They looked really good against Boro. gkunit, any word on how Martins is?
Yeah, Portsmouth all of a sudden pwns and if they could go .500 against the big teams this year, may have a shot at the UEFA. Apparently, they have some money over there too and could keep it up. How did they originally get into suckdom and have to climb out of that?

#35 KDawgCometh

KDawgCometh

old skool

• Members
  • 15,174 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:03 AM

View PostDonkSlayer, on Tuesday, August 29th, 2006, 11:28 AM, said:

Yeah, Portsmouth all of a sudden pwns and if they could go .500 against the big teams this year, may have a shot at the UEFA. Apparently, they have some money over there too and could keep it up. How did they originally get into suckdom and have to climb out of that?
they've almost always sucked. Until like 2 or 3 years ago, they hadn't been in the top flight in something like 20 years and were very close to relegation a few times down to the not as old division 2. Milan Mandaric came in and bought them in the late 90s and they became a decent division 1(now championship) side. 'arry Redknapp got them promoted and they've been in the top flight the past couple of year. Now a new russian owner came in and bought out Mandaric's shares, and voila, lots o money to spend= doing better in teh standings. Their stadium will still hurt them as it only holds slightly over 20K and they are in a crap town, so few top players will ever want to go there

#36 DonkSlayer

DonkSlayer

very, very standard

• Members
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:11 AM

View PostKDawgCometh, on Tuesday, August 29th, 2006, 2:03 PM, said:

they've almost always sucked. Until like 2 or 3 years ago, they hadn't been in the top flight in something like 20 years and were very close to relegation a few times down to the not as old division 2. Milan Mandaric came in and bought them in the late 90s and they became a decent division 1(now championship) side. 'arry Redknapp got them promoted and they've been in the top flight the past couple of year. Now a new russian owner came in and bought out Mandaric's shares, and voila, lots o money to spend= doing better in teh standings. Their stadium will still hurt them as it only holds slightly over 20K and they are in a crap town, so few top players will ever want to go there
Yeah, they have some former stars like Kanu starting now...wonder if a new stadium happens, more players would be willing to come in. European soccer is pretty luring..

#37 KDawgCometh

KDawgCometh

old skool

• Members
  • 15,174 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:41 PM

View PostDonkSlayer, on Tuesday, August 29th, 2006, 1:11 PM, said:

Yeah, they have some former stars like Kanu starting now...wonder if a new stadium happens, more players would be willing to come in. European soccer is pretty luring..
even if they made a new stadium, it would be hard to convince a lot of players to spend their time in portsmouth. most top clubs exist in cities that at least have something going for them(well, maybe except for turin, gelsenkirchen, and dortmund), portsmouth is a POS town in each and everyway. Pompey will never be more then a team that will sometimes make a run for a european place and bounce between the top two tiers of football

#38 dereeekho

dereeekho

I can teach you how to suck at poker

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  • Interests:Mah Jong, Golf
  • Favorite Poker Game:FTP tournaments with double1meup in them.

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:44 AM

How about Tevez and Maschiano to West Ham?!
QUOTE(no not baxter @ Monday, July 28th, 2008, 4:22 PM) View Post
wait, let me get this right. you folded aces up?

#39 DonkSlayer

DonkSlayer

very, very standard

• Members
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:18 AM

View Postdereeekho, on Thursday, August 31st, 2006, 12:44 PM, said:

How about Tevez and Maschiano to West Ham?!
I'd be running from Corinthians too...

#40 dereeekho

dereeekho

I can teach you how to suck at poker

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  • Interests:Mah Jong, Golf
  • Favorite Poker Game:FTP tournaments with double1meup in them.

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:25 AM

View PostDonkSlayer, on Thursday, August 31st, 2006, 10:18 AM, said:

I'd be running from Corinthians too...
I don't know why they went to Brazil in the first place!
QUOTE(no not baxter @ Monday, July 28th, 2008, 4:22 PM) View Post
wait, let me get this right. you folded aces up?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users