#1001 mrpaddyx

mrpaddyx

Only here for the Cider

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:H.O.R.S.E., Triple Stud, Razz

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:16 AM

View Postrinswun, on Friday, October 16th, 2009, 9:41 PM, said:

ding ding ding. we have another winner. earnshaw is a goal machine. fwiw, by all accounts Ferdinand was absolutely absymal at Brentford and it was a huge shock to all at the club when he became a prolific goal scorer.next question:which player has played in the Premiership, Championship, League 1 and League plus International, Champions League and UEFA Cup?Its not Earnshaw.
Hmm getting trickier. I'll go for Ian Wright. He played for Crystal Palace in the Championship, Arsenal in the Premiership (and by extension the European competitions), was an England international and played for Burnley in League 1, right at the very end. Not too confident this time as i'm sure his time at Arsenal was before they regularly competed in the Champions league.
The Queens we use would not excite you.

#1002 James D

James D

not on twitter

• Members
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:09 PM

Posted Image

#1003 mrpaddyx

mrpaddyx

Only here for the Cider

• Members
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:55 PM

View Postgkunit20, on Friday, August 18th, 2006, 4:26 PM, said:

English Premiership has started.Chelsea has already lost to Liverpool, but they never beat liverpool. I'm pulling for Newcastle. This saturday should say alot.What're your thoughts?
Newcastle aren't in the Premiership lol

#1004 rinswun

rinswun

Glencross FTW!!

• Members
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:13 PM

any more answers to the latest question. i'll reveal the answer tomorrow evening. anyone else got any quiz questions?
QUOTE (Untilted @ Monday, February 15th, 2010, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know Ollie is perhaps the most likable guy in the history of the world but the man love for him is bordering on the ridiculous. :)

Weight loss bet:

Start weight (10/01/2011) - 199.0lbs
Current weight (31/01/2011) - 194.2lbs

#1005 James D

James D

not on twitter

• Members
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:14 AM

View Postrinswun, on Sunday, October 18th, 2009, 11:13 PM, said:

any more answers to the latest question. i'll reveal the answer tomorrow evening. anyone else got any quiz questions?
Andy Cole? Probs not, but he's played for loads of clubs.I have a question: Who has scored a hat-trick in a game, but still lost the game? (player and club, please)So... what's people's thoughts on the league so far this season? I think it's been one of, if not the, best Premiership season so far. Loads of goals, upsets, good football, and a better standard imo by a few of the mid-table/lower clubs, like Sunderland and Villa who're looking like they could push the top 5 and beat anyone on their day. Wigan and Everton are improving... a little inconsistent, but looking good. And then teams like Stoke and Burnley are also catching the eye at times and it'll be interesting to see how they get on further down the line. Obviously the emergence of Man City as a genuine top 4 contender is an interesting one too. I've actually quite enjoyed watching City in the games I've seen them this season, Bellamy has been fantastic for them.And Liverpool? Are they missing Alonso that much, or will they come good and get back into the top 4? Massive week for them coming up... they have Lyon and Man Utd next. If they lose both of those games, it really could be crisis time at Anfield. If they win them both, then people will quickly move on I think, and Liverpool will be right back in the hunt.Chelsea have shown a few unexpected weeknesses too. Is their squad just starting to show it's age at times? It's full of quality, but I'm not sure they're going to win the league this year (they were my pre-season pick)./end ramblings!

#1006 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:15 AM

View PostJames D, on Saturday, October 17th, 2009, 4:09 PM, said:

Posted Image
Greatest .gif ever...Greatest non-call ever? Certainly ****ed Liverpool's season up. Sunderland played great, though.And, yes, it's been an exciting season so far. Lots of crazy results/upsets and quite a few turnarounds on the overall table.Man City vs Wigan was interesting, in that Man City didn't dominate like I thought they might, but showed resilience by getting back the tie after Wigan went in front.
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#1007 mrpaddyx

mrpaddyx

Only here for the Cider

• Members
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:45 AM

View PostJames D, on Monday, October 19th, 2009, 4:14 PM, said:

I have a question: Who has scored a hat-trick in a game, but still lost the game? (player and club, please)
Its happened plenty of times in the course of history but in the Premiership its happened twice. Dwight Yorke scored a hatrick for Villa against Newcastle (lost 4-3) and Roque Santa Cruz, for Blackburn versus Wigan (lost 5-3).

#1008 mrpaddyx

mrpaddyx

Only here for the Cider

• Members
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:56 AM

I've got a question, actually its more of a challenge. Name every team that has competed in the Premiership since it started in 1992/93. You have 5 mins from pressing reply to topic and obviously cannot check other internet sites. Also try not to peek at anyone elses answers. So for the sake of the competition as soon as you read this message press reply to topic.

#1009 mrpaddyx

mrpaddyx

Only here for the Cider

• Members
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:03 AM

I'll got 1st! ArsenalBlackburnWolvesManchester United Manchester CityChelseaWiganStokePortsmouthLiverpoolEvertonSunderlandWest HamBurnleyAston VillaBirminghamSouthamptonMiddlesboroNewcaslteNorwichOldhamWimbledonNotts ForrestBradford CityQPRDerbyTottenhamLeeds UnitedBolton WIpswichReading

#1010 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:30 AM

View PostJames D, on Saturday, October 17th, 2009, 12:37 PM, said:

Liverpool :club: Great goal by Bent today... nice assist by a balloon too.
Liverpool looked like crap anyway. They are going to need to play so much better just to finish in the top 4.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#1011 rinswun

rinswun

Glencross FTW!!

• Members
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:42 PM

View Postmrpaddyx, on Monday, October 19th, 2009, 9:56 AM, said:

I've got a question, actually its more of a challenge. Name every team that has competed in the Premiership since it started in 1992/93. You have 5 mins from pressing reply to topic and obviously cannot check other internet sites. Also try not to peek at anyone elses answers. So for the sake of the competition as soon as you read this message press reply to topic.
Ok here goes. i have until 21.41 by my computer clock:ArsenalAston VillaBlackburnBoltonBirmingamChelseaManchester UnitedManchester CityLiverpoolTottenhamEvertonFulhamWiganHullWest HamSunderlandBurnleyPortsmouthStokeOldhamCoventrySheffield WednesdaySheffield UnitedWimbledonNewcastleLeedsNorwichCharltonSouthamptonBradfordWatfordMiddlesboroughWest BromNottingham ForestReadingQueens Park RangersCrystal Palace-edit-just checked, i think i only missed 5. Wolves (doh!), Leicester, Derby, Ipswich and Barnsley
I know Ollie is perhaps the most likable guy in the history of the world but the man love for him is bordering on the ridiculous. :)

Weight loss bet:

#1012 rinswun

rinswun

Glencross FTW!!

• Members
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:47 PM

View Postrinswun, on Friday, October 16th, 2009, 1:41 PM, said:

next question:which player has played in the Premiership, Championship, League 1 and League plus International, Champions League and UEFA Cup?Its not Earnshaw.
Just realised that i mistyped my question so i'll extend the answer for a couple of days - proper question is:which player has played in the Premiership, Championship, League 1, League 2 and the conference plus International, Champions League and UEFA Cup?i should proof read in future!

Weight loss bet:

#1013 yourboygsarida

yourboygsarida

special delivery

• Members
  • 1,940 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:plo8

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:04 PM

get in. if we get some solid participation this week, hopefully we are gonna get the epl pick'em sponsored and get to give away some swag. so tell your friends.http://www.constantl...Predictions.php

#1014 James D

James D

not on twitter

• Members
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:40 AM

Poor by United.In a strange way, it was a bad time to play Liverpool. They knew they had to get something here to save their season... we were unable to respond.Still, I guess it's good for the Premiership and the season in general. Surprised to see Arsenal blow a 2 goal lead against West Ham too.

#1015 SlapStick

SlapStick

I'll be glad to see you later

• Members
  • 3,698 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:44 AM

"chelsea wherever u may be,dont let your wife near john terry"
Luck123: Hi everyone :)
Ziigmund: f u luck

My favourite thread in the whole wide world
http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=126798

#1016 imuck

imuck

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:50 AM

"chelsea wherever u may be,dont let your wife near john terry"
Nice one! Btw, anyone watching the Merseyside derby? Awesome game. Tackles flying around..

#1017 mrpaddyx

mrpaddyx

Only here for the Cider

• Members
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:34 AM

Everyone must be playing poker these days as this thread hasn't been updated in over a year!Just popped in to talk about how tight the relegation battle is this year. Only 3 points separating Wigan at the bottom at Blackburn in 13th! By the time someone replies to this the season will probably be over!

#1018 phlegm

phlegm

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:15 PM

http://forumserver.t.../index1309.htmlif you havent seen him then wow.
I am not an alcoholic

I am a drunk

Alcoholics go to meetings

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users