119 replies to this topic

#41 ohen

ohen

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:55 AM

View PostRon_Mexico, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 9:53 AM, said:

I agree, if it was about the oil, we could send a bunch of bruthas over there and steal it all.I'm not so sure. I know everytime I see a black guy in a nice car with some spinners, I just assume he's a drug dealer packing heat. I'm pretty sure I'm right 80% of the time. Don't be so naive. If a young black guy has money, its usually b/c he got it illegally. Or he plays sports and beats his wife.Wake up white people
Or gives women STD and tells them his name is Ron Mexico.

#42 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

• Members
  • 33,013 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:56 AM

View Postturd ferguson, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 1:54 PM, said:

Ultimately, eliminating all these races is the only way to completely solve this problem. Hitler had the right idea. We were all just too shortsighted to see it. Don't you feel stupid now?
I wasn't even gonna bring the jews into this one, but now that you brought it up. There has to be a reason people try to exterminate them every 1000 years.
I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home.

#43 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

Point taken....

• Members
  • 11,378 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:59 AM

View PostRon_Mexico, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 10:53 AM, said:

I agree, if it was about the oil, we could send a bunch of bruthas over there and steal it all.I'm not so sure. I know everytime I see a black guy in a nice car with some spinners, I just assume he's a drug dealer packing heat. I'm pretty sure I'm right 80% of the time. Don't be so naive. If a young black guy has money, its usually b/c he got it illegally. Or he plays sports and beats his wife.Wake up white people

View Postturd ferguson, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 10:54 AM, said:

Ultimately, eliminating all these races is the only way to completely solve this problem. Hitler had the right idea. We were all just too shortsighted to see it. Don't you feel stupid now?

View PostRon_Mexico, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 10:56 AM, said:

I wasn't even gonna bring the jews into this one, but now that you brought it up. There has to be a reason people try to exterminate them every 1000 years.
AND WE HAVE LIFT OFF!!!enough of this.where's the beer??? :club:

F Cancer

#44 speedz99

speedz99

It don't matter to Jesus.

• Members
  • 28,085 posts

I find it incredibly amusing that the comments of a rich, white, (relatively)uneducated Canadian poker player spawns debate about issues like this. I mean...could there be anyone that's much less qualified to make statement like "the U.S. should be practicing racial profiling"? Negreanu seems like a good guy (and it's his blog so he can do whatever the fuck he wants), but I miss the good old days where he would stick to writing about what he knows and what the people that make this site popular want to read.By "people that make this site popular", I mean me. Obviously he brings in the new users, but I keep them here. I bring the sexy.
You got a date Wednesday, baby!

#45 Naked_Cowboy

Naked_Cowboy

the dynamo of volition

• Members
  • 4,479 posts
  • Interests:playing all your best games

When you make constant misspellings, especially things like proper nouns or the names of people you're trying to portray in a certain light, it makes you appear uneducated, especially on the topic. A reader's thought process will often go, "If he can't even spell Al'Qaeda, how much can he have read about the topic; the word would be burned into his memory."Just saying..
~certified bumhunter~

#46 Vatche

Vatche

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:01 AM

oh boy, here come the sickies. :club:

View PostNaked_Cowboy, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 10:59 AM, said:

When you make constant misspellings, especially things like proper nouns or the names of people you're trying to portray in a certain light, it makes you appear uneducated, especially on the topic. A reader's thought process will often go, "If he can't even spell Al'Qaeda, how much can he have read about the topic, the word would be burned into his memory."Just saying..
i wasnt paying attention, but i will in the future...i appreciate your advice.thx

#47 Naked_Cowboy

Naked_Cowboy

the dynamo of volition

• Members
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:02 AM

View PostVatche, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 10:01 AM, said:

oh boy, here come the sickies.i wasnt paying attention, but i will in the future...i appreciate your advice.thx
No worries. That's all it was, friendly advice.
~certified bumhunter~

#48 Randy Reed

Randy Reed

Words up!

• Members
  • 7,916 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:03 AM

From Walter Williams, editorialist and economics professor.Stupid Airport SecurityA MINORITY VIEWBY WALTER E. WILLIAMSRELEASE: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6, 2005, AND THEREAFTER STUPID AIRPORT SECURITY( He is African American)For most of my professional life, I've traveled frequently -- sometimes boarding a commercial flight two, three or four times a month for lucrative speaking engagements. Over the past three years, the frequency has fallen to an average of once or twice a year. The reason is simple. I don't want to be arrested or detained for questioning some of the senseless airport security procedures. Don't get me wrong. I'm for security but against stupidity. Let's look at some of it starting off with a hypothetical question.You're a detective. A woman reports a rape. How would you go about finding the perpetrator? Would you confine your search to males or would you include females as well?You say, "Williams, that would be stupid to include females!" But not if Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta were your supervisor. You might be ordered to investigate females and males as possible suspects to avoid committing the politically incorrect sin of sex profiling.With regard to airport security, Mineta said, "While the security procedures are not based on the race, ethnicity, religion or gender of passengers, we also want to assure that in practice, the system does not disproportionately select members of any particular minority group." That means Americans who fit no terrorist profile -- mothers with children, blind and disabled people, elderly couples -- are frisked, groped and hassled. What's even more stupid is that pilots and flight attendants face similar screening. Here's my question to you: If a pilot is intent on crashing a plane into a building, does he need to carry anything on board to do it?On several occasions, having gone through screening without setting off any alarms, I've been pulled aside for additional screening. Imagine that you're there with a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) supervisor and I'm being subjected to additional screening. You offer him a bet whereby if Williams is discovered to be in possession of something that endangers security -- a knife, gun or bomb -- you'll pay him $5,000, and if I'm not, he'll pay you $100. Do you think he'll take your offer? I'm betting he wouldn't.What about the TSA confiscation of "dangerous" personal items such as tweezers, hat pins, sewing scissors, knitting needles, etc.? I hope I'm not giving the TSA ideas, but I've watched a number of television shows featuring supermax prisons like California's Pelican Bay. Among the items prisoners fashion into lethal weapons are ballpoint pens, belts, eyeglass temples, glass containers and toothbrushes, all of which the TSA permits on airplanes. So what's the TSA's reasoning for allowing ballpoint pens on planes but not tweezers?Most hijackings and recent terrorist acts have been committed by young Muslim extremists. That's not to say that all or nearly all Muslims pose a threat to security. But if one is looking for potential terrorists, the larger proportion of resources should be spent screening Muslim passengers. Screening the blind and disabled, mothers and children, and senior citizens is not going to have much of a payoff unless the goal is not to have tweezers or a G.I. Joe doll holding a rifle on the plane.If I were a terrorist, I'd appreciate the fact that the TSA treats every passenger as having an equal likelihood of being a security threat. Fewer resources would be available to screen me. When law-abiding people are the subject of profiling, it's unfair, and they are insulted -- and rightfully so. The true source of the injustice they face are those responsible for making "Muslim" near synonymous with "terrorism."Even if I don't fly commercial anymore, I care about the TSA's waste of resources. There are potential terrorist targets in many areas such as ports, railroads and infrastructure, but roughly 90 percent of TSA's funding is spent on airports operating under the assumption that every passenger and every bag have an equal likelihood of being a security threat. That's stupid.
Waiting for the winds of change
To sweep the clouds away
Waiting for the rainbow's end
To cast its gold your way
Countless ways
You pass the days

#49 Vatche

Vatche

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,680 posts

View PostNaked_Cowboy, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 11:02 AM, said:

No worries. That's all it was, friendly advice.
cool. :club:

#50 speedz99

speedz99

• Members
  • 28,085 posts

View PostRon_Mexico, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 10:56 AM, said:

There is a reason. It's because we're better than you, but there are less of us since we're smart and don't procreate like animals.

#51 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,991 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:06 AM

View Postohen, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 11:57 AM, said:

That's a load of crap. Remember Richard Reid, the "shoe bomber". Was he Middle Eastern or Arabic? I guess you must have forgotten about Timothy McVeigh or Terry Nichols as well. I guess they weren't "Johnny White" either. You are either incredibly ignorant or have a selective memory.
The fact remains that for every terrorist that *isn't* a Muslim there are at least 5,000 terrorists that are. Profiling may be wrong, but it still works. For instance, this cornfed white boy actually does drive around with his dog in his pickup truck.

#52 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 33,013 posts

View Postspeedz99, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 2:03 PM, said:

There is a reason. It's because we're better than you, but there are less of us since we're smart and don't procreate like animals.
who you calling an animal? Just because they can't afford cable or condoms in the hood, should that mean that they can't have recreational sex Shawn Kemp style? No.Oh, and being good with money doesn't make you better than me or them, just smarter.

#53 Naked_Cowboy

Naked_Cowboy

the dynamo of volition

• Members
  • 4,479 posts

View Postspeedz99, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 10:03 AM, said:

Your loss
~certified bumhunter~

#54 speedz99

speedz99

• Members
  • 28,085 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:09 AM

View PostRon_Mexico, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 11:06 AM, said:

who you calling an animal
You.

Just because they can't afford cable or condoms in the hood, should that mean that they can't have recreational sex Shawn Kemp style? No.
I honestly believe that if a woman has over 4 children and is on welfare her tubes should be tied by court order.

Oh, and being good with money doesn't make you better than me or them, just smarter.
That's just one of the reasons why I'm better than you and them.

#55 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 33,013 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:11 AM

View Postajs510, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 2:06 PM, said:

The fact remains that for every terrorist that *isn't* a Muslim there are at least 5,000 terrorists that are. Profiling may be wrong, but it still works. For instance, this cornfed white boy actually does drive around with his dog in his pickup truck.
Very true.I say profile everyone.I have a slight weigh problem, you don't think when I hit the Sizzler buffett, the Haitian girl refilling the cherry tomatoes doesn't run screaming to the manager that Jabba the Hut just showed up and tis gonna tear through half the spread? Of she does. Does it hurt? Sometimes. Is it untrue? Nope. I beat that thing up until someone from the wait staff pulls a fake fire alarm to get my fat *** out of there.To quote Barry Sobel, the great comedian.You're right, blacks don't run fastYou're right, Asians dont have lots of photo equipmentYou're right, Puerto Ricans don't carry switch bladesYou're right, Jews aren't good with money

#56 ohen

ohen

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:11 AM

View PostRandy Reed, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 10:03 AM, said:

From Walter Williams, editorialist and economics professor.Stupid Airport SecurityA MINORITY VIEWBY WALTER E. WILLIAMSRELEASE: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6, 2005, AND THEREAFTER STUPID AIRPORT SECURITY( He is African American)For most of my professional life, I've traveled frequently -- sometimes boarding a commercial flight two, three or four times a month for lucrative speaking engagements. Over the past three years, the frequency has fallen to an average of once or twice a year. The reason is simple. I don't want to be arrested or detained for questioning some of the senseless airport security procedures. Don't get me wrong. I'm for security but against stupidity. Let's look at some of it starting off with a hypothetical question.You're a detective. A woman reports a rape. How would you go about finding the perpetrator? Would you confine your search to males or would you include females as well?You say, "Williams, that would be stupid to include females!" But not if Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta were your supervisor. You might be ordered to investigate females and males as possible suspects to avoid committing the politically incorrect sin of sex profiling.With regard to airport security, Mineta said, "While the security procedures are not based on the race, ethnicity, religion or gender of passengers, we also want to assure that in practice, the system does not disproportionately select members of any particular minority group." That means Americans who fit no terrorist profile -- mothers with children, blind and disabled people, elderly couples -- are frisked, groped and hassled. What's even more stupid is that pilots and flight attendants face similar screening. Here's my question to you: If a pilot is intent on crashing a plane into a building, does he need to carry anything on board to do it?On several occasions, having gone through screening without setting off any alarms, I've been pulled aside for additional screening. Imagine that you're there with a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) supervisor and I'm being subjected to additional screening. You offer him a bet whereby if Williams is discovered to be in possession of something that endangers security -- a knife, gun or bomb -- you'll pay him $5,000, and if I'm not, he'll pay you $100. Do you think he'll take your offer? I'm betting he wouldn't.What about the TSA confiscation of "dangerous" personal items such as tweezers, hat pins, sewing scissors, knitting needles, etc.? I hope I'm not giving the TSA ideas, but I've watched a number of television shows featuring supermax prisons like California's Pelican Bay. Among the items prisoners fashion into lethal weapons are ballpoint pens, belts, eyeglass temples, glass containers and toothbrushes, all of which the TSA permits on airplanes. So what's the TSA's reasoning for allowing ballpoint pens on planes but not tweezers?Most hijackings and recent terrorist acts have been committed by young Muslim extremists. That's not to say that all or nearly all Muslims pose a threat to security. But if one is looking for potential terrorists, the larger proportion of resources should be spent screening Muslim passengers. Screening the blind and disabled, mothers and children, and senior citizens is not going to have much of a payoff unless the goal is not to have tweezers or a G.I. Joe doll holding a rifle on the plane.If I were a terrorist, I'd appreciate the fact that the TSA treats every passenger as having an equal likelihood of being a security threat. Fewer resources would be available to screen me. When law-abiding people are the subject of profiling, it's unfair, and they are insulted -- and rightfully so. The true source of the injustice they face are those responsible for making "Muslim" near synonymous with "terrorism."Even if I don't fly commercial anymore, I care about the TSA's waste of resources. There are potential terrorist targets in many areas such as ports, railroads and infrastructure, but roughly 90 percent of TSA's funding is spent on airports operating under the assumption that every passenger and every bag have an equal likelihood of being a security threat. That's stupid.
The fact that Mr. Williams is black doesn not automatically lend credence about his views on racial profiling in airports. To many African-Americans, Walter Williams comes from the same school of conservative thought as Justice Thomas, Armstong Williams and JC Watts. A vast majority of African Americans, who whom whom Mr. Williams is, don't subsribe to his views and some go so far as to label him as an "Uncle Tom." So please don't imply-- by pointing out what race he belongs to-- that his opinions are shared by African Americans or other minorities in this country.

#57 Habs Fan

Habs Fan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:13 AM

Good work boys

#58 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 33,013 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:14 AM

View Postspeedz99, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 2:09 PM, said:

I honestly believe that if a woman has over 4 children and is on welfare her tubes should be tied by court order.
I actually think you mean this one. haha

View Postohen, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 2:11 PM, said:

The fact that Mr. Williams is black doesn not automatically lend credence about his views on racial profiling in airports. To many African-Americans, Walter Williams comes from the same school of conservative thought as Justice Thomas, Armstong Williams and JC Watts. A vast majority of African Americans, who whom whom Mr. Williams is, don't subsribe to his views and some go so far as to label him as an "Uncle Tom." So please don't imply-- by pointing out what race he belongs to-- that his opinions are shared by African Americans or other minorities in this country.
I heard a black guy call another black guy a nig*er once..on second thought, that may have been nigga

#59 speedz99

speedz99

• Members
  • 28,085 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:15 AM

View PostRon_Mexico, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 11:13 AM, said:

I actually think you mean this one. haha
Funny you picked up on that...I did mean it.Also, I think Eskimos are smug.

#60 Habs Fan

Habs Fan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:15 AM

View Postspeedz99, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 10:09 AM, said:

I guess that's one way to get rid of all those pesky other races.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users